Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 12:27 am 
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Agreed I am a manager at a store, it is our job to step in if my worker feels uncomfortable. I get to see guys try and pick up on a few girls at my work., it is pretty fun to laugh at people later. Using pick up lines on a clerk is a mistake. You need to realize that girls who work in retail will see 100 people plus a day, customer service(smiling) is part of their job, so you don't want to hit on her, you want to talk to her. Listen you will get further that way.
Appreciate the perspective poet.

Heck, I've seen cases where my mere presence in the store causes the managers to run around in cock block mode wondering what are we going to do to keep him from talking to the cuties on the sales staff.

Not so much because the girls were uncomfortable. But because the girls were all suddenly walking around like bambi wagging their tails looking for attention. :lol:

Some stores are worse in this regard than others. From the perspective of managers interfering with their employees social interactions.

The best stores for gaming chicks have female managers. Because they can size you up in a heartbeat, as a trouble maker, a problem or not. And I hate to say it, but a lot of guys are.

Male managers have greater difficulty doing this and sometimes suffer from envy and even jealousy.

Working a retail location is similar to picking up other working girls, in that you don't want to come off as a normal customer. Or as just some guy that comes in to game the sales help. It often takes patience, and the ability to not be too interested at first until you build an adequate amount of social proof.

Given enough time and social proof, and if they consider you attractive and pre-selected, the girls will start opening you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 12:49 am 
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
I don't focus on iois it's just more to think about that I don't need. I guess this wouldn't work for someone new, but all I'm saying is don't overthink this. If I have to determine whether something is an ioi or not I just assume it is. If you are ever unsure about anything always assume the choice that has the most positive benefit to you. I would honestly rather escalate and be wrong then not escalate at all.
Good points, especially about not overthinking, but IOIs are a very important thing to learn to pick up on. They let you know when to push further and when to give some ground. If you constantly push forward and you escalate and are wrong, instead of waiting for the right time, then you could ruin a perfectly good sarge, just by not being aware of what is going on around you and calibrating accordingly.

~ Rye

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 4:41 am 
New to MPUA Forum

Thanks for all the great responses guys, especially Rye Lee and Starbuck.

That store has about 4 females working and they all range from a 7-8 easily. I think I will live to fight another day, lol. As it is I cannot even close when they hit on me.

I've got a lot of homework to do:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 8:08 am 
At least you recognize your weakness so you can work on it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 11:48 am 
MPUA Forum Addict

AOL: pyro+tyler68
I'm not saying escalate when she doesn't deserve it that would be afc. I agree with all of you calibration is very important in a retail environment. Iois can be an excellent way to determine what sort of escalation is needed. I see the power behind knowing what they are, but what I also see alot of the time with guys in our lair is that they focus so much on whether something is an ioi or not that they don't escalate even on the obvious stuff. They miss alot of the conversation if they are too focused on whether or not she twirls her hair, crosses her legs, and is breathing at the same rate as them.

I imagine it as a stoplight. Iois are green, so you go. Red would be her saying stop or genuinely reacting negatively to what you are doing, and who the fuck stops at a yellow? The problem is is that alot of guys do. They get so focused on whether or not what they are doing is right that they end up totally missing opportunities to advance the interaction had they taken a little bit of risk. I'm not saying run reds that would be dumb. I'm saying that if you can take a risk and the outcome is more than likely to turn out good then fn do it.

Self help.. that's mental masterbation. Self Destruction.. now we're getting somewhere!
"http://www.confidencedynamics.com"- science backed confidence coaching