Post subject: The feeling
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 3:47 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

I have been doing some reflecting and think i located a point in my life where AFCness begun. I was 11/12 years old and i was flirting with this girl who i liked(naturally) and i got ridiculed/piss taken out of by friends, ever since then growing up. when i was at school i was always afraid of that happening with other girls so never did anything. I dont know why!!! (This should help you understand the feeling i get if you've ever been there, in the centre of the chest i get it)

Now im 19 and at uni and would class myself as a rAFC, i know now that its not going to happen(friends taking the piss) however, whenever i see a girl i want to talk to thats the feeling that comes up. Thats the feeling i want to get rid of.....

Any suggestions

Peace Out

Beno

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 8:05 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

this problem is intrinsically within you and whether you like it or not it will probably always lurk there within you somewhere, however over time with the right measures and confidence gained we can begin to deduce this effect.

i learnt something a while ago that has helped me with my game, it comes from the teachings of ross jeffries that in all probability comes from the fundamental nlp teachings of john grinder and richard bandler.

it is called anchoring and can help you out immensely in the field. what is brilliant about it is that you can practice at home in your spare time and instantly at the flick of a muscle implement it during your game.

it goes a little something like this.
imagine the last time you were comfortable around a girl in the way that you feel you should always be around a girl. imagine yourself as if your looking at yourself as a third person at the scene. imagine all the good things and the positivity that was around you. embrace these feelings in your body. it feels good doesnt it.

now do exactly the same but this time imagine the same scene but as if your living it, like you have jumped into your own body and are reliving it. feel the same feelings in your body but this time pinch your left wrist with your right hand.

repeat this second scene (where you are in your body reliving the good time) a few more times and at the height of your receptiveness to the feelings in your body pinch you left wrist with your right hand.

every time you pinch your left wrist from now on you should be reminded of all those great feelings that you had when you were having a ball. so next time you face approach anxiety - if you have practiced this enough- if you just pinch yourself subtly you will have those good feelings return allowing you to get on with your game. the more you practice the more effective this procedure becomes. i will come back to this post later and re edit it so it makes better sense. at the moment its just a rushed rendition of what i have heard elsewhere.

i hope this has helped

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:23 pm 
Member of MPUA Forum

Hey hey!
Somebody who knows about anchoring.

I read up on anchoring a few years ago.
I never make the time to illicit the emotions in myself, or others, with NLP patterns, but I do anchor certain feelings on people as they come. As soon as I see them reaching the peak of the feeling, POW, anchor. Even if I didn't make them feel that way, I'll still throw an anchor if I'm around. Dirty dirty tricks... :twisted:

I taught a friend about anchoring, and now whenever he wears Tommy Hilfiger cologne, his girl gets all hot'n'bothered.

I don't know that much about them though, I haven't really encorporated them too much. If you've got some extensive knowledge, do share.

One thing I was curious about is, sometimes I have this nervous habit/twitch when I'm walking past a group of high status girls... I rub my face, or scratch my nose. Everytime.

What I was thinking was this: What if I anchored good feelings to my nervous twitch? If that would work, it'd be pure genius.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 6:47 am 
Member of MPUA Forum

Hi Element,

Can you elaborate a bit about what anchoring is? Is it that mind washing shit that Ross Jeffries does with his NLP?

Respectfully,

M

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 6:59 am 
Member of MPUA Forum

Anchoring is basically an audiatory/visual/physical "hotkey" to bring back a previously anchored feeling.

Basically, in ridicolously-over-easy-speak, it works like this: you attain a feeling by recalling and reliving a previous memory, then at its peak, you "anchor" it by picturing a raisin, stroking your left index finger over your right thumb, and saying "parrot!" or something equivalent. Do this abit, and then you can bring back the feeling you anchored by pressing these anchored "hotkeys".

Is that about right, Element?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 12:30 pm 
Member of MPUA Forum

Quote:
Anchoring is basically an audiatory/visual/physical "hotkey" to bring back a previously anchored feeling.

Basically, in ridicolously-over-easy-speak, it works like this: you attain a feeling by recalling and reliving a previous memory, then at its peak, you "anchor" it by picturing a raisin, stroking your left index finger over your right thumb, and saying "parrot!" or something equivalent. Do this abit, and then you can bring back the feeling you anchored by pressing these anchored "hotkeys".

Is that about right, Element?
Hahaha.
In an overly humorous explaination, yes.

It's just doing something slight, yet memorable,
to somebody who's hitting the peak of an emotion.

But you have to understand me here.
I don't use the creepy NLP patterns to bring up these emotions.
I use my natural skill, charm, and swagger. :lol:
But thennnn I'll anchor it (only on rare occasion).

Honestly, I don't mess around with anchoring barely at all.

My only real example would be this:
I try it with my steady girlfriend, to get her out of bad moods.
Such as, if everytime you have a deep, loving moment,
you swipe the hair out of her eye, and follow around behind her ear,
it'll anchor that feeling to that motion.
When she's in a shitty mood, or I make her angry,
I'll then try to get her out of that mood, and after that attempt,
I'll double it with swiping the hair out of her face, etc.
It's a subconcious reminder of good feelings.

So it's not like, EVIL, like everyone seems to feel about NLP.
It's just like, say for example, when you're talking to a good friend,
and he says some funny line that somebody said when you were all having a good time.
He says that line, and if it was something that stuck out, and was memorable,
you'll get that awesome feeling you had when you were with everybody.
Does that make sense?

I'm really not the guy to talk to about it.
I read into it, tried a few mind-tricks to myself with it,
anchored a good feeling to my girlfriend,
and that's the extent of my experience with it.
It's not much.

My cousin, as I said before, anchored the smell of Tommy Hilfiger cologne
to the desire to have sex.
He did this to his girlfriend, and somehow, it worked.
He never explained how he did it, but he did...
I've seen the results. It's kinda scary.

Sometimes I think it's almost cheating... hence why I really don't use it much.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 12:40 pm 
Member of MPUA Forum

I dont see NLP as evil, the girl still haves the feelings you create in her. If the feelings are real and feel good, why would NLP be evil? NLP isnt evil, only its practitioner can be.

Regardless, I dont study or use patterns or NLP, mostly because its not something that falls natural to me, nor is it inline with my goals for this journey.

Regardless, its nice to see I got the jist of anchoring down :P .