Post subject: Dressing to impress
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:25 am 
New to MPUA Forum

So, I've become fairly comfortable with talking to women as of late and I've lost a significant amount of weight since working out (over 40 lbs now!!!). Now I want to start dressing better. I'm the kinda guy who typically wears a tee shirt and jeans, nothing fancy about it. However, I'm looking to upgrade.

I was thinking about starting off with wearing some dress shirts to go with jeans. I mostly wear darker jeans because they just mesh with colors better. As for dress shirts, I have my main set of dress shirts I use for business occasion (whether it be meetings, interviews, etc.), but these are not as fitted as I'd like them to be, but also, I don't want to have a fitted shirt while wearing a suit.

So I do have to get better fitting dress shirts, but I'm not quite sure what's good and what's not. Do you guys have any specific recommendations for me?

Also, I'm looking to accessorize as well. Is a nice analog watch for maybe $100-$200 good enough to do the trick? or should I be looking for something more?

Keep in mind, I'm a very simple guy, I have simple tastes when it comes to fashion, I like plain colors and nothing obnoxiously flashy (i.e. hot pink stuff)

As for a budget on this, I have roughly between $800-$1000 to spend on bettering my wardrobe, but as a college student, obviously the more I can bring that number down the better.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:53 am 
Member of MPUA Forum

i don't know about buying a expepensive watch! i mean my budget aint as high as yours for now but $3-$10 dollar bracelets have done the work for me. i personally dont like having a watch but i just order one for like 15 bucks online that looks quite interesting. i wear 2-3 bracelets, a ring and 2 necklaces probably all together came up to $25 dollars but almost every single time i go out sarging i get complemented on one of these items.
so i dont think this will be difficult for you.

about the clothing i would use Neil Strauss's advice.
where you open girls on the streets and ask for a men's clothing store they like.
then go to those places and have someone preferably a girl to help you out.
tell her to put an outfit for you, most girls know more about fashion than your average wingman.
and from there choose what you like and discard what you dont.

stores i personally like
H & M
Forever21 MEN
Guess

check kinowear.com
they have really interesting things you might like.

Post subject: Re:Dressing to impress
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:34 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

thats a great idea SD27, I would suggest you to do some exercises to get a better physique, ones you get a good physique you would automatically look smart in any dress you wear.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:33 pm 
PUA Forum Leader

Dude, with the right attitude and some confidence you can wear anything you wish to wear and girls will be attracted. If jeans and a t-shirt is what you are comfortable in, then wear jeans and a t-shirt! I would suggest that you wear clean and fairly wrinkle free t-shirts tho.

Peace...

You need to stop bending over and letting her ass fuck your brain! - Heywood

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:20 am 
New to MPUA Forum

Yahoo Messenger: sherazutts@yahoo.com
I agreed with this reply totally thanks thats a great idea SD27, I would suggest you to do some exercises to get a better physique, ones you get a good physique you would automatically look smart in any dress you wear.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:05 pm 
PUA Forum Leader

First off, no fucking plaid.

My wing and I usually just sarge in t-shirts, v-necks, and jeans. No shorts. And don't be affraid to iron your shirts. No scrubby shoes either.

What's nice about t-shirts is they are cheap, even the nice ones (like $30-$50) and they show off and accentuate your physique. If you have a belly poking out the bottom of it, forget about it. But if you stay in shape then you don't have to worry about hiding under a bunch of expensive clothes. I have a theory that a guy's biceps are the equivalent of a chick's tits. They are two bulbous protrusions that signify your sexual attractiveness. If you have good ones, you should wear shirts that expose them so you can show them off. If you don't, then you probably want to hide them.

The watch won't make much of a difference unless it's a blinged out expensive one, so don't spend too much unless you are willing to go all out. Just get some inexpensive man jewelry instead.

This has been said, but get a girl's opinion on what to buy. Most AFC's buy what THEY like, which is all wrong. You wan't to wear what women like to see on you. Not what you like to see.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:06 am 
Member of MPUA Forum

button downs + cords IMO if youre into the "fratty" college look and girls on your campus dig it. if not button downs at least polos. jeans could be instead of cords but they are more expensive (for nice pairs at least) and personally i generally prefer cords

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:12 am 
Member of MPUA Forum

also this probably will make it worse as these brands are more expensive but my absolute favorite brands ( i dress preppy as fuck) especially with regards to cords and button downs are vineyard vines, polo, and lacoste. brooks brothers comes next, i actually like their cords second to only vineyard vines, and then j crew. southern tide is also pretty sweet.

some guidelines:
make sure to get both dressier and less dressy button downs. button downs with buttons to button down the collar on each side = more dressy. lacoste generally is dressier looking than vineyard vines, with polo kinda hanging out in the middle.

when buying cords or button downs, have in mind what color cords/button down the article of clothing would look good with. ie, dont buy a blue button down if you only have blue cords. if you just picked up a nice solid light red vineyard vines button down be on the look out for some blue cords. you get the picture

also dont forgot the shoes, nothing looks goofier than someone dressed well in a nice button down and some sweet cords and then...tennis shoes. personally i fucking love sperrys (boatshoes/topsiders) and wear them everyday. girls also love them.

Last edited by bundy on Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:06 pm 
PUA Forum Leader

Sperrys? Please tell me you don't wear them without socks. Please tell me you don't wear them without socks. Please tell me you don't wear them without socks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:16 pm 
Member of MPUA Forum

erm, i almost always wear them without socks, unless its cold ill thrown on some argyle socks or something....i must admit im surprised you seem to be against this, pretty sure boatshoes are created with the idea of not wearing socks with them. why do you suggest wearing socks? i made a thread earlier about my style in general, ive seen your posts and you really seem to know your stuff so if you could weigh in there id greatly appreciate it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:55 pm 
PUA Forum Leader

I'm partly giving you shit because you are "that guy". The guy wearing sperry's with no socks and his jeans rolled up. I dunno, I mean that can be its own look, but I've always had a problem with people who don't wear socks. It's really bad for your feet and can make your feet and shoes stink. They make "invisible" socks that are like really low cut tennis socks. That way you can wear socks without it changing the barefoot look you are going for.

The problem with wearing "boat shoes" is that you aren't going to be on a boat. You are going to be walking around on flat ground for hours and never take your shoes off. If you were just wearing them to the beach and kicking them off, then being sockless is justified. I'd be curious as to whether you have foot or toenail fungus if you go sockless all the time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:59 pm 
Member of MPUA Forum

well i dont wear jeans very much, barely at all really, only if im going to clubs or bars, and when i do wear jeans, i never ever even consider rolling them up. all of my pants--my jeans, khakis, and cords--had their length tailored after i bought them. the invisible socks sound pretty good, but to be quite honest, my feet never smell and are always clean (pretty much) i clean the inside of my sperrys all the time (takes only 5 mins, just soap + water then air dry) and spray the inside with anti fungal stuff and they dont smell at all.

i agree, im not usually on a boat :P i would contest however that the term boatshoes has gone way beyond shoes that are just good for boat/beachwear. i mean look at this pair i picked up 2 days ago (my new favorite pair, but who doesnt like their new shit the most lol)

in my humble opinion at least, these shoes absolutely drip swag, but are also a nice classy look to compliment a pair of beige cords and a darker color top.

i definitely am "that guy" in a sense, but i definitely am not "that guy" who looks like hes going to a beach party, more like that guy who always insists on looking very nice and well put together, regardless of what i am going to do. maybe its bigger in the US (if you are from elsewhere) or maybe its because they are so big amongst members of greek organizations, but where i go to school sperrys are the go to footwear for looking nice at all times, not only do many girls wear them as well, but they seem to love them on guys too

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:26 pm 
PUA Forum Leader

I like the suade interior on those. Yea, as long as you put powder inside them and nothing stinks then I guess you can get away with going sockless.

Post subject: Re: Dressing to impress
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:40 am 
New to MPUA Forum

Custom Stitchers fulfilled the promise of perfect fit for its clients all over the world. It has been or will be a great custom journey with our clients by offering budget friendly precisely measured dress shirts for dressing that can impress the next one. You can experience various customizations for your dress shirt on our online fashion studio.

Post subject: Re: Dressing to impress
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:07 am 
New to MPUA Forum

The dressing depends on the occasion that you are going to attend it can be the interview or any festival. If your physics is good any dress suits you.