Forum rules

Relationship Subforum Rules

1. Posts about how to get a girlfriend will result in a ban.

2. Posts about your ex-girlfriend will result in a ban.

3. Any other posts not related to your current girlfriend will result in a ban.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:48 am 
Dedicated Member

The jealous-red-blooded-Southern-Italian that I am got an interesting lecture Saturday at lunch from his girlfriend.
Pretty interesting material, which boils down to these three items

#1 jealousy = lack of trust. if you act overly jealous, your GF will feel a "dirty whore" unworthy of your trust
#2 a girl will try to rebel against too many insecurity-driven rules and regulations, and will feel in a cage from which she desires to escape. her own fear to fuck up will end up being a self-fulfilling prophecy
#3 if you are confident enough of your GF's love, you have no need to AMOG* other guys, because you know you are great just the way you are and that is why she has chosen you over any other guy

* yes, she said "AMOG"

I will also disclose my reaction to the above, just in case anyone wants to comment on it. However, I feel that J's lecture:
(a) is worthy PUA material, which in large part echoes stuff on this forum
(b) is in itself "validation".. instead of deciding my jealousy is a deal-breaker (or worse cheating) she took the time to give me feedback about my fallacy and give me a chance to improve in this area

now, on to what I said

#1 and #2 I reassured her that I trust her. I chose her over other girls and I evaluated everything in this choice. Including whether I trusted her. My jealousy is an expression of "caring" and "affection". But I understand that it can be too much at times, I know my limits, and I will work on myself to improve in this area. I added that there are going to be non-comfort areas and situations, and that I would be untrue to myself if I did not highlight those areas. But she mostly agreed that those situations would make her uncomfortable too in reverse.
#3 I told her that this was an amazing thing to say, probably the most beautiful compliment I ever received (true). I am actively trying to stop AMOGing everyone.

in self-analysis retrospect, I think I took some parts of pick-up artistry too far and mixed them with my own insecurities. Quite a deadly cocktail of extreme jealousy (if it was so easy for me, it's gonna be easy for every other walking-creature-with-a-dick) and AMOG'ing routines (my worst has been AMOGing a guy in the gay district in SF without even realizing he was gay until after the fact). I will try to be a self-confident alpha who knows he got the girl and all he needs to do is be his best self to keep her.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:35 pm 
PUA Forum Leader

Damn, that is some good stuff actually.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:20 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Quote:
The jealous-red-blooded-Southern-Italian that I am got an interesting lecture Saturday at lunch from his girlfriend.
Pretty interesting material, which boils down to these three items

#1 jealousy = lack of trust. if you act overly jealous, your GF will feel a "dirty whore" unworthy of your trust
#2 a girl will try to rebel against too many insecurity-driven rules and regulations, and will feel in a cage from which she desires to escape. her own fear to fuck up will end up being a self-fulfilling prophecy
#3 if you are confident enough of your GF's love, you have no need to AMOG* other guys, because you know you are great just the way you are and that is why she has chosen you over any other guy

* yes, she said "AMOG"

I will also disclose my reaction to the above, just in case anyone wants to comment on it. However, I feel that J's lecture:
(a) is worthy PUA material, which in large part echoes stuff on this forum
(b) is in itself "validation".. instead of deciding my jealousy is a deal-breaker (or worse cheating) she took the time to give me feedback about my fallacy and give me a chance to improve in this area

now, on to what I said

#1 and #2 I reassured her that I trust her. I chose her over other girls and I evaluated everything in this choice. Including whether I trusted her. My jealousy is an expression of "caring" and "affection". But I understand that it can be too much at times, I know my limits, and I will work on myself to improve in this area. I added that there are going to be non-comfort areas and situations, and that I would be untrue to myself if I did not highlight those areas. But she mostly agreed that those situations would make her uncomfortable too in reverse.
#3 I told her that this was an amazing thing to say, probably the most beautiful compliment I ever received (true). I am actively trying to stop AMOGing everyone.

in self-analysis retrospect, I think I took some parts of pick-up artistry too far and mixed them with my own insecurities. Quite a deadly cocktail of extreme jealousy (if it was so easy for me, it's gonna be easy for every other walking-creature-with-a-dick) and AMOG'ing routines (my worst has been AMOGing a guy in the gay district in SF without even realizing he was gay until after the fact). I will try to be a self-confident alpha who knows he got the girl and all he needs to do is be his best self to keep her.
I have inferred what AMOG'ing means, but just curious what the actual acronymn stands for?

P.S, that is good stuff you posted. Sounds like your girl is a keeper and has good insight on this stuff.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:01 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

AMOG means alpha male of the group

Good post OP.