Forum rules

Relationship Subforum Rules

1. Posts about how to get a girlfriend will result in a ban.

2. Posts about your ex-girlfriend will result in a ban.

3. Any other posts not related to your current girlfriend will result in a ban.

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 1:33 pm 
Member of MPUA Forum

i met this girl online. she is older than me, i am 25 and she is 27.

we chatted and got to know each other enough not to spoil the excitement and had a great first date expensive dinner/wine and movie.

she has been in rocky relationships before, and does come across as a good family girl who is trying to find the right person for her. she knows i don't like when people bring up past relationships into their new ones so she was very good and fit my description very well.

went in for a kiss after the movie as we walked to her car (we took her car to the theatre after dinner) but only got the cheek. which is fine, she knows i can be a sentimental romantic so i believe she was only trying to play her part.

that was last friday and since we live about an hour apart and both work we haven't seen eachother since. we text and talk on the phone regularly, she does want to see me again she made that clear early on. yesterday she even asked why i didn't ask her to do anything last sunday because she was free then. i just told her i'm not trying to smother her. she is also busy this weekend but trying to fit me in and i said its ok you can go out with your other bf. and she almost flipped out on me saying she is not like that and if she was going out with someone else she would tell me. so to me if she was younger than me, i'd be sure to keep my eye out, but since shes older and attractive, i don't see why she would bother getting upset over it or even lie if she wasn't interested. but i've never seriously dated an older chick so i have no idea.

the thing is, i'm just concerned maybe she wants to keep me around to have fun and even as "practice" for other dates with older men. she is HB8 and she acts like she doesn't know it, even maybe just a bit insecure (to me something about her maturity and aged temperament is sexyy). she responds well when i compliment her.

even though i am younger than her, i have a better job probably paid about twice as much, have a condo downtown and plan nice things for us to do. her coming over is already a sure thing, but for someone in my shoes how do i ensure she's dateable rather than a fun fling? she calls me sweetie but i think thats about the only way she can feel like she has something over me besides age.

any suggestions, comments, ideas from those with similar experience?

(sorry for double post this might be better placement for this thread rather than mid-game)*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 3:15 pm 

Okay, I'm 30 and I've been doing PUA for the past 5 years. I've dated women anywhere from 18 to 35 in my time doing this so I have some experience in this department. :)

First off, she likes you a lot. Her display of telling you she wouldn't date someone else without telling you and coming down on you about it is just her way of telling you she likes you. Furthermore, she gave another huge indicator cause she wanted to see you Sunday too. This girl really likes you a lot and there isn't a huge age difference in 25 and 27 or in maturity for the most part.

There is a common misconception around men that older women want older guys. Well, back in high school & college a lot of women who were 18-23 wanted older guys cause of stability and success in their personal lives. It seems that you definitely have that. Women who are in their mid 20s are looking for someone in their age range who is independent, has a good job, car, their own place, and someone that they like being around...and that's about it.

I can understand the way you feel and I've felt that way many times myself when I started dating older women. But the truth is they can be perfectly content with you. So please break that limiting belief now that because of your age she's always going to be looking for someone older. That simply isn't the case.

You could very well be someone she sees for long term potential which again based on your descriptions of interactions with her I believe she does. She is just wanting to take things slow because of her past rocky relationships, and she wants to enjoy being around you.

She sounds like a great catch bro. I would really put my time and effort into seeing her as much as you can and develop your new relationship with her.

Jon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 4:26 pm 
Member of MPUA Forum

Thanks Jon that was a great post. Unfortunately she didn't pass my one simple shit test. Oh well, back to the drawing boards.