Post subject: New Years aftermath...
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 5:30 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

I had a pretty successful New Years. My goal was simply just to talk to as many girls as I could and get their email addresses. I actually wound up talking to so many that I couldn't keep track of who was who so they're all kind of useless now unless I send out a generic email to each and hope for the best. Whatever, I got over my approach anxiety which is what I was after.

I did however manage to get phone numbers on a couple 8's and one who was at least a 9. The problem comes when I text them. They have all responded well at first, but I lose them somewhere along the line (and this has happened to me before with other girls). I'm thinking my humor doesn't translate well through text...?

Should I skip the funny routine and just get to the point? Any kind of negging at all seems to go over really badly when I text so I stopped doing that. Cocky and funny seems to shut me down. Should I skip texting altogether? I think I do alright in person. They seem interested and all three offered me their numbers, I didn't ask so I'm assuming it's not that I didn't create attraction in the first place...

...any thoughts?How do you guys handle phonecalls/texting?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 5:27 pm 

My 2 cents...

Don't play C&F jokes and don't make jokes in text messages , because you can't here the tone voice, etc...

YOu type I love you but the other person doesn't know your saying this as a joke or for real.

Is better to get the email chat a little bit and then get the Phone # and then meet.

My website: www.pualife.webs.com

New TWITTER account: http://twitter.com/xfman1

Facebook: xf_pua@hotmail.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 8:49 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

AOL: ldlaustan
my thoughts on texting and phoning is this, keep it simple, keep it brief. the ultimate goal is to see the girl in person, so have something set in mind to do. a time, place and this above all: a willingness to walk away. call her or text her. tell her you want to do X at X time and you'll pick her up. if she says she's not sure or is all wishy washy about it tell her ok, if she doesn't want to go you have other plans you can make. if she then says yes she's interested, if she says no she isn't really. there's plenty of other girls willing to make the time. if it's a genuine conflict of scheduleing for them they'll offer another time. you should "see if you're free then". show her you have more things to do than wait on her, and show her she's lucky to be getting time with you. what you should absolutely not do is keep suggesting alternate times to her. this shifts control of the situation back to her and makes it look like you're begging HER for her time when it should (obviously :) ) be the other way around.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 5:26 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Thanks, guys. Keep it simple and brief.