PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:57 am 
Black Belt

I'm posting a few clips here that will help you learn how to Groove.
F**k dance classes and learning moves if you don't know how to Groove.
Groove is the foundation.
Groove is easy and natural.
and Groove is realistically all you need to get girls attracted.

HIPHOP
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xasC-5of ... e=youtu.be

This guy has his own style, mixture of like Tektonik, House, Shuffling, Freestyle.
But basically he just grooves.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcuzu160DTA

Les Twins Workshop - Newstyle Hiphop Drills (DOPE)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9L6wFBq ... e=youtu.be

Last edited by CobraKaiDojo on Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:45 pm 
MPUA Forum Addict

These were the best dance moves I ever seen on my whole life... Thanks for sharing this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:22 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

haha the groove :p does it work? :p

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:05 pm 
Black Belt

:P
"the groove" is not a move.

Groove = Dancing.

If you're not grooving, and just doing moves.. then you look like the old white guy trying to play DDR but just stomping off-beat.

That "rocking" move is the most important thing to learn for anyone who wants to dance. Once you can rock back&forth or side2side naturally to the beat without thinking about it, then you're already a better dancer than 99% of people out there.

Dancing is simple and easy. Don't worry about learning complicated steps before getting the basics down. If you love dancing and learning styles. then great. Practice.

But if you just wanna look good in a club and get some attention, then feel the music and Groove.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:30 pm 
MPUA Forum Addict

Quote:
:P
"the groove" is not a move.

Groove = Dancing.

If you're not grooving, and just doing moves.. then you look like the old white guy trying to play DDR but just stomping off-beat.

That "rocking" move is the most important thing to learn for anyone who wants to dance. Once you can rock back&forth or side2side naturally to the beat without thinking about it, then you're already a better dancer than 99% of people out there.

Dancing is simple and easy. Don't worry about learning complicated steps before getting the basics down. If you love dancing and learning styles. then great. Practice.

But if you just wanna look good in a club and get some attention, then feel the music and Groove.
Isn't there a tutorial on how to hiphop groove? I really wanna learn how to groove like that guy did.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:59 pm 
Black Belt

Unfortunately all the clips I've found on youtube suck pretty badly.

Most of them don't teach Groove, let alone real hiphop.

Look to see if there's a Hiphop Groove class in your area.
If not, just practice rocking back and forth to the beat.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:53 am 
Black Belt

It seems that Buddha Stretch is the main guy teaching Groove who has any clips online worth something. As I find more I'll post them here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APLvQQ1t ... re=related
^The first minute of this video is excellent. He explains his basic groove/foundation as Rocking + 2-step. Simple but effective.

After the first minute he talks about the style of Popping, and also a bit about combining styles together. (more advanced)

Last edited by CobraKaiDojo on Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:13 am 
New to MPUA Forum

lol swag!!! good links

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:29 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

DodgyStyle

am dancer myself, I dance many different styles like Salsa (almost 4 years), HIPHOP and Breakin (more than 4 years). I grab big attention in the clubs when i start dancing. In Salsa I created my own style of Salsa, Salsa with HIPHOP flavor. That's how I got my dance and PUA name "Mixture". Cause am a mixture of styles and activities.

I think this is the best advice i see for none dancers, I do tell none dancers the same thing.

I do the Groove always before I start doing jumping into the big moves, the groove helps you get in the mood of dancing and gets you inline with the beat. Even if you are not an advance dancer it at least makes you look good in the dance floor.

I see many people in the dance floor think they know how to dance, but they look stupid, if they just groove they will look better.

peace,
Mixture

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:58 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

I love to dance!! I always say that I'm not great but I love to do it. Almost everyone that sees me always says that I am a great dancer........and it's all because of the groove. Because I feel and enjoy the music on a personal level. But watching these videos makes me want to make my dancing look and feel better. Thanks for sharing the vids bro! Now I have a new hobby to practice on regularly instead of just when I mess around at the club.

"I'm not a player, I just know how to quickly and efficiently remove a woman from my life when I figure out that she isn't good for me. If everyone has a soulmate out there somewhere, then I'm on a mission to find mine"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:24 am 
Black Belt

^Glad they can inspire you to work on your repertoire.

Mixture: definitely agree. And it's when a dancer such as yourself, trains in different styles, and then comes up with their own flavor in the way they move, that's when they find their own signature Groove.

Salsa and Latin styles are great for learning groove as they emphasize the hips so much. Full-body groove usually comes from the hips, then the shoulders and head follow, then the rest.

The problem with guys (like myself) who start off with BBoying is that the Groove is rarely learned. The focus is usually just on powermoves and tricks. Then footwork/floorwork. But then what's left? You can do some spins and flips in a club but no dancing. (A lot of clubs here also don't allow BBoying, they even break up dance circles/cyphers because it's supposedly leads to fights, what BS). So yea, most BBoys can't dance. Personally I call a BBoy who can't dance a "breakdancer" (slightly offensive term).

A "breakdancer" who can actually dance, is an amazing thing to watch. Musicality combined with extreme power and some style.... is just ridiculous nothing can fukk with it
EXAMPLE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8zDFR4O ... e=youtu.be
^This entire clip is fukking nuts, but watch at 2:16 and listen to the song (The problem with BBoys hitting beats like that is that it makes the crowd go mental and drown out the music Lol)

"Hiphop dancing" can also create problems by not teaching students how to Groove, and only teaching them how to do flashy moves seen in the music videos. Also what's known popularly today as "Hiphop" is really just Modern dance moves done to commercial Hiphop/RnB music. There's often nothing "hiphop" about the movements at all. (still there's nothing wrong with this it can look really good it's just misleading *cough*SYTYCD).

Real "Hiphop" dancing is just Grooving. or Party-Rocking. Or BBoying. That's it.

It took me years before I found my own groove. Over a decade later and I'm still learning new things and refining my style.

Last edited by CobraKaiDojo on Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:39 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Quote:
^Glad they can inspire you to work on your repertoire.

Mixture: definitely agree. And it's when a dancer such as yourself, trains in different styles, and then comes up with their own flavor in the way they move, that's when they find their own signature Groove.

Salsa and Latin styles are great for learning groove as they emphasize the hips so much. Full-body groove usually comes from the hips, then the shoulders and head follow, then the rest.

The problem with guys (like myself) who start off with BBoying is that the Groove is rarely learned. The focus is usually just on powermoves and tricks. Then footwork/floorwork. But then what's left? You can do some spins and flips in a club but no dancing. (A lot of clubs here also don't allow BBoying, they even break up dance circles/cyphers because it's supposedly leads to fights, what BS). So yea, most BBoys can't dance. Personally I call a BBoy who can't dance a "breakdancer" (slightly offensive term).

A "breakdancer" who can actually dance, is an amazing thing to watch. Musicality combined with extreme power and some style.... is just ridiculous nothing can fukk with it
EXAMPLE http://youtu.be/U8zDFR4O-To
^This entire clip is fukking nuts, but watch at 2:16 and listen to the song (The problem with BBoys hitting beats like that is that it makes the crowd go mental and drown out the music Lol)

"Hiphop dancing" can also create problems by not teaching students how to Groove, and only teaching them how to do flashy moves seen in the music videos. Also what's known popularly today as "Hiphop" is really just Modern dance moves done to commercial Hiphop/RnB music. There's often nothing "hiphop" about the movements at all. (still there's nothing wrong with this it can look really good it's just misleading *cough*SYTYCD).

Real "Hiphop" dancing is just Grooving. or Party-Rocking. Or BBoying. That's it.

It took me years before I found my own groove. Over a decade later and I'm still learning new things and refining my style.
Fuck ya, that's a real BBoy talking, specially the part about commercial HIPHOP, you must have see Poping Pete's interview with Strife TV on youtube.

Any Breaking is not a club dance and specially not when you are drunk

that reminds me last night i was gaming HB7.5 (#close) anyway, i end mentioning that i have practice the next morning with the crew, she asked what kind of dance so i said Breaking, she threw a hop on me to jump in by saying show me something, i answered no, it's not the right time and not feeling it at the moment.

that's another thing, don't dance cause the girl asked you to dance and she just watch, if she asked you to dance then let her come dance with you. you can only dance alone if you feel like dancing, not cause some chick wants to see you dance while she's sitting somewhere having a drink or talking to some other guy

peace,
mixture

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:51 pm 
Black Belt

^ good advice.
I remember a quote: Dance to express, not impress.

and yea I was lucky enough to take a class in person with Pete (also, Mr Wiggles & Tight Eyez). We'd end up just listening to them talk, sometimes for hours. The amount of knowledge and history they dropped was invaluable.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:11 pm 
MPUA Forum Zealot

Could I just say thanks for sharing the link; it taught me enough that a girl complimented me on my dancing last night!

(Also, I wanted to bookmark this page in my posts so I can find it again!)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:55 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

Dude thats fucking awesome