PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:45 am 
MPUA Forum Addict

I am having difficulties with "calibration" in sets and it is a weakness.

However, there are many definitions of "calibration"

I am trying to tune up my game, but i am curious what people define calibration as

discuss its pros, cons and implications.

I beleive it is very important for each and every interaction when you sarge and even when you arent.

What do you think?

J Slay

You miss 100% of the shots you never take.
- Wayne Gretzky

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:27 pm 
MPUA Forum Zealot

hey man!

Calibrating...
Well Ive always thought of it as, gauging the girls responses to what you say/do.... and then calibrating(tuning) your game based on those responses.

^thats as good as a definition you'll get from me lol

example...
If you come on strong sexually with lots of touching and flirting, and shes not really having much of it... (Not as easy as I would have liked :P)

Instead of ploughing... I calibrate my game based on her responses...

So ill ease back into some general chit chat... just aim at fun conversation...Then build up the flirting and sexual side of things more slowly.

EDIT: shit I didnt really answer the question did I :P

Well yes I think its important because not all girls are the same!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:33 pm 
The name of the mothefucking game

Quote:
I am having difficulties with "calibration" in sets and it is a weakness.

However, there are many definitions of "calibration"

I am trying to tune up my game, but i am curious what people define calibration as

discuss its pros, cons and implications.

I beleive it is very important for each and every interaction when you sarge and even when you arent.

What do you think?

J Slay

changing the game plan according to her reactions/situation.

Pua rule: never buy a girl a drink or spend money on them...

Calibration: you made out with her she is into you she is thirsty, calibration: Buy her a drink.. Lack of calibration: you know who i am, i do not buy women drinks, they buy me drinks... In this situation is ok to buy her a drink since is not a shit test...

Pua rule: do not hold purse or stuff for women(shit test)

Calibration: i am dancing with her and her shoe come out, she ask me to hold her purse. lack of calibration, sorry, i am not a hanger... Calibration: hold the purse since is not a shit test etc...

Dancefloor/Club game youtube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/dancefloorseduction

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:01 am 
MPUA Forum Addict

I think idea of calibration is similar to Skills

But how do you get better at calibration besides practice. Is there a way to work on it?

- Wayne Gretzky

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:23 am 
Dedicated Member

Quote:
Calibrating...
Well Ive always thought of it as, gauging the girls responses to what you say/do.... and then calibrating(tuning) your game based on those responses.

^thats as good as a definition you'll get from me lol

example...
If you come on strong sexually with lots of touching and flirting, and shes not really having much of it... (Not as easy as I would have liked :P)

Instead of ploughing... I calibrate my game based on her responses...

So ill ease back into some general chit chat... just aim at fun conversation...Then build up the flirting and sexual side of things more slowly.
Exactly - He ^ is right

Sometimes, when you refuse to hold something for a girl she would keep trying making up different excuses just to get the 'stupid win' situation. I've met girls who have wanted me to hold their purse and tried 6-7 different times through out the night and 1st date to get me to hold it.
Quote:
....discuss its pros, cons and implications.

Absolutely, lack of caliberation is what makes someone come across as wierd and Stupid ! a Stand up comedian constantly caliberates his humor based on the audiance response - an intervierwer caliberates his questions/tone/pressure based on the responses of the interviewee.

If you learn how to do this effectively you'd be able to relate and connect with people (sex included) effortlessly. And yes it can only come through practise

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:50 am 
Dedicated Member

Doesn't it just mean, act and adjust accordingly?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:01 pm 
The name of the mothefucking game

Quote:
I think idea of calibration is similar to Skills

But how do you get better at calibration besides practice. Is there a way to work on it?

Calibration comes with lots of experience, and common sense and you will still fuck up, is reading the situation quickly and act accordingly in the best effective way(to your advantage for the desired outcome and getting a feel for the girl/group), with time you will get a feel for it. J slay no matter what people will fuck up with calibration, what to do if you fuck up after is more important imo(recovery)...In a convo. for examples, change the subject etc...

Dancefloor/Club game youtube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/dancefloorseduction

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:59 pm 
PUA Forum Leader

I look at calibration as a measure where i'm at in a process of compliance. In fact I use compliance as a superset of IoI's and interest level as well.

So I will judge a chicks interest in how much she is letting me lead her in the direction I want to go, and how fast. Resistance, i.e. non-compliance, means i need to pump up the attraction, or possible rapport and comfort, that is re-calibration.

what calibration is not, is adjusting your game, to a different game. You are not changing the caliber per se. You are just assessing where you are in the process to your goal, and adjusting your game as needed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:15 am 
MPUA Forum Addict

I understand now

Ive been having problem with my calibration and when to pull the trigger.

Im a bit rusty, i havent sarged in weeks so my flops the past couple of days are just me getting back into the swing of things

I think that i need to have a game plan going into interactions because lately I've been drunk, or high, and chatting up the ladies, just being cocky funny and spitting all game with natural flow then get the k, # close but then fuck up the calibration to prevent me from fclosing.

I think the next time i sarge ill just, what is it called, beast mode or cave man? and just go straight sexual and fuck her.. rather than calibrate my way into her pants.

Thanks guys

J Slay

- Wayne Gretzky

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:27 am 
MPUA Forum Zealot

Quote:
I think the next time i sarge ill just, what is it called, beast mode or cave man? and just go straight sexual and fuck her.. rather than calibrate my way into her pants.

cave man works great to a point... but to get the fuck you will need the calibration lol. Itll be rare that a chick will fuck you cave woman style in the nightclub bathroom lol. Im not saying you cant do it, but... from my experience... calibration is needed after a certain point when you discover shes not ready to fuck you within 30 minutes of meeting...
Quote:
t the k, # close but then fuck up the calibration to prevent me from fclosing.
Youll need to actually work on this, not just skip or avoid it...

hey you can do it. But it sounds like a shortcut to me that might limit your success.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:21 pm 
Member of MPUA Forum

Calibrating is basically a fancy word for using your attention to read the person you are speaking to and responding appropriately rather than being all up in your head. There is no better way to learn it than to strike up hundreds of conversations with strangers you will learn one thing every time.