Post subject: Field Report #1
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 1:24 am 
New to MPUA Forum

AOL: ccole009
I went to Citizen Smith for a drink with a friend when I noticed a three set (two 7.5s and an 8) sitting at a table eating dinner. I violated the three-second rule by about an hour but I really didn't care because I wasn't there to sarg. I talked to my friend about the game (he's a non-gamer) and he respected my angle, but wasn't entirely sold. Finally, I just got up and approached the three set. I used the "Brush or floss first?" opener which ignited the inevitable debate. The 8 (my target) was not saying much, so I threw her a neg "I guess you don't brush or floss." She laughed, but it wasn't a stellar laugh. Shortly afterward, she went to the restroom. I told the other two, "since you guys gave me such cool answers, I'm going to show you something cool." "Whaaat" they cooed. I busted the self-tying shoelace (STS) trick.

[Later I talked to my friend who had been watching all this and he said the look on their face was priceless]

They told me to sit down. I did, and they said that was the coolest thing they had ever seen. The blonde told me her name was Jasmine (turns out she's a Suicide Girls model). The other one asked if I were a magician. I said no. She told me her name was Linda. The 8 came back and they told her what I did. She had to leave to meet a boyfriend or something, so she excused herself. Typically, it would be time to pick a new target, but I decided to pick both ( I would never recommend this). The blonde was the most fascinated with the STS and asked me to take off my shoe so she could inspect it. I did so, she inspected, then told me she was going to give it back to me until I told her out I did it. I said, "if you give it back to me, I'll do it again" and I touched her arm. She did, but I told her I wouldn't do it again. She's a psychics major at USC and there was no way the laws of physics would allow such a feat. I looked at her friend, touched her elbow (kino) and said "mind over matter." Jasmine didn't like that I had turned my attention to Linda and read my T-shirt aloud "When did you fall in love?" "Did I miss something?" Linda asked. "No, she's reading my T-shirt" I said. "Let me see…" I show Linda my t shirt and she smiled. "Don't you think that's a cool quote?" I asked. "Totally" they replied in unison. I then said something I had said to a co-worker earlier (in a non-game way) "Love is weird… it's a free flowing energy that comes and goes as it pleases… you never know how long it's going to stay, so you shouldn't be shocked when it goes away, just be glad you were able to experience it." Jasmine said "you are the most interesting guy I have ever met"

I told them I would love to talk to them more, but I had to get back to my friend. "NO!!!!" they protested, "make him come over here!" "Sorry, but we have to go, but give me your EMAILS and I will tell you how I did the shoelace trick" I reach for my phone but realized I had left it at the bar with my friend. "Oh… I don't have my phone…" Jasmine whips out a pen and writes her email on a receipt. Linda says "I want to give you mine too."

Jasmine made sure to write hers out phonetically, in case I couldn't read her writing.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Here's where I went right: (1) I smiled on the approach, but did not sit there grinning like a gooftard the rest of the time. I looked across the restaurant a couple of times as if I were getting bored of the conversation (2) The Brush or Floss First opener was developed and tested long ago by Mystery. It has never let me down. (3) The STS. Really, this seals the deal. (4) Chick crack conversation about "love" and "energy." (5) I did three things that made me seem interesting to the them: Great opener, smash-hit routine, chick crack convo. Those individually interesting things made me interesting. (6) I went Kino at the right time. (7) I knew when to walk away. (at the height of the convo) The whole exchange lasted no more than 15 minutes.

Where I went wrong: (1) During the love convo, Linda said she and her boyfriend had broken up a few months ago we lingered on this for a few minutes before I changed the subject. ANYTIME something like this comes up, change the subject IMMEDIATELY. (2) I made too much of the STS trick. By stating "mind over matter" and making it sound like I had super powers, was a bit more deceptive then I should have been, but hey, that's how it goes. This could come back to haunt me tho. (3) Never pick two targets at once.

Player1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 2:03 am 
New to MPUA Forum

So now whats your plan since you have two emails?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 2:09 am 
New to MPUA Forum

I'm sticking with the blonde suicide girl... just emailed her!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 2:14 am 
New to MPUA Forum

What is the shoelace tieing trick?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 2:21 am 
MPUA Forum Addict

thumbs up. It is the wrong section to post a field report though. :shock:

Post subject: oooops
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 2:28 am 
New to MPUA Forum

Ooooops... .sorry to post in the wrong place....very new to this... where should I post?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 3:04 am 
MPUA Forum Addict

Real Life Gaming: Feild Reports. No problem dude i'm new to this too. You got a nice ass field report. I don't know how strict the moderators are here but you know keeping things organized helps the whole board including us. Take a look at all the other subjects other than the PUA lounge lots of valuable information.

Post subject: Field Report #1
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 9:34 am 
Member of MPUA Forum

Hey Player 1,

Very smooth, man. I commend you.

Can I ask you how you do the self tying shoelace trick?

Respectfully,

M

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 5:32 pm 

Good job Player 1

It seems you have all ready think and evaluated your performance in the filed and this is the best way to learn , thinking about what you did step by step, and learn about your mistakes , good job and keep us posted bro.

My website: www.pualife.webs.com

New TWITTER account: http://twitter.com/xfman1

Facebook: xf_pua@hotmail.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 8:14 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

had the same type of expirance 2 weeks ago, couldnt pick who i wanted and got both there numbers! there some dynamics but its off to a slow start!