Post subject: Changing your style???
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:17 pm 
MPUA Forum Addict

I'm a clean cut, good looking, young professional with a very common look, no piercings, one small tattoo, typical short black hair spiked in the front and typically always wear a collared shirt and jeans out, maybe a hat... I really want to do some type of peacocking but really don't know where to go. Has anyone else changed the way they dress or am I fine being dressed like everyone else. I try to peacock and DHV by wearing a really nice watch and a platinum and gold necklace with matching bracelet but thats about it. I do get comments on my necklace now and then but not much else... I'm considering getting my ears pierced or getting highlights or in my hair. Should I not worry and just concentrate on honing my skills or should I find some trendy chick to make me over??? thoughts?? advice??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:43 pm 
MPUA Forum Addict

"It's not the clothes that make the man. It's the man that makes the clothes."

If your well dressed and groomed then you don't need to pierce your ears or get highlights. Why? Because everyone else does the same thing!
The idea of peacock is that you have at least one article that stands out. In your case, it sounds like you've got the 'base level' down pat.

What you think is peacocking, isn't. You have to look uncommon but still put together. Bright colours, or interesting accessories. If you don't want to invest in a new waredrobe I'll give you an easy Peacock that will contrast your current stlye.

- Googles. Some type of googles you can keep around your neck or on your forehead.
- Necklace. A necklace that stands out. Glow in the Dark, A larger than normal interesting object(with story).
- Hat. Can vary greatly from 'Wacky' to conservative. I wear a fedora hat whenever I go out and I've gotten countless comments on it (and ladys like to try it on) because its conservative enough to meld with my preppy fashion but irregular enough people take notice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 1:45 am 
New to MPUA Forum

yeah. i wear pretty much standard nice clothing but i wear two silver rings on my left hand (middle and ring finger) and then i have a hemp necklace that has a really interesting glass bead that i cant go more than 2 days without getting a random compliment from someone i dont know. they are just things that make people notice you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 3:26 am 
MPUA Forum Addict

Get rings.

Switch to fitted shirts if you've got something to show underneath them.

Get nice shoes (black, squared toe, leather). The jeans with collared shirts is a decent tribe to belong to.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 5:22 am 
MPUA Forum Addict

sounds good, I suppose a few more pieces of jewelry couldn't hurt and I'd like to find some type of hat that will look good buts not the typical baseball hat, something kind of dressy yet casual...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 5:46 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

yeah.... the good thing about peacocking is its so diverse. You have guys like Mystery that go all out with the goofy hats, hideous jewelry, etc.... And make no mistake, Mystery himself knows it looks goofy. But its about drawing attention, and it works. It isn't necessarily to attract the girl, only to get her attention so you get the chance to attract her. But then you have guys like Style whose method of peacocking is limited to a couple of rings and a rather conservative chain compared to Mystery.

I would recommend experimenting..... you shouldn't focus too hard, and just have fun with it. Pick a night to go out looking like a total ass. Wear a damned grandfather clock around your neck. Now this won't get you the ladies, but it will help you quit taking yourself so seriously and just have fun. If you go up to a girl on a mission, she'll see right through you. The naturals become naturals when they stop caring and the game is truly fun for them no matter what the outcome.... the irony is that its only when they stop caring that the outcome will inevitably be total pick-up domination.

People think peacocking is entirely physical.... but dressing like Mystery every now and then will do great things for your inner game. If you're not a mPUA like him, then they'll look at you like you're stupid and it won't help you get ass that night. But it will help you get out of the mindset of feeling like you have to impress them. Mystery's personal peacocking style isn't for me, but we can learn a lot from the psychology involved. Good lucking finding your own style. When you finally do, your confidence will go through the roof.

Happy sarging......