Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:47 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

With regards to Mystery, the question should be: Does he succeed because of, or despite of his clothing. I don't believe that has been answered properly. If he wore clothes that were casual smart- the kind seen to be worn by men in advertising aimed at women, would he have any less success? I can see how a magician can get away with wearing Mystery's clothes more so than an accountant, however girls are very much affected by their peer group when selecting a man (as mentioned in MM), so being referred to as "that weird man" even before one has managed to open a set may be put one at a disadvantege. I can however see the benefits with regards to having something to talk about and being approached by girls who would have an excuse to open the converation.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:52 am 
Member of MPUA Forum

Peacocking to that degree works MAINLY in the club scene, not in normal venues unless you're looking for an outrageous girl. You end up looking try-hard if you do it in the wrong context.

http://pumaskills.com/at/go.php?c=pickupartistforum

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:34 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

LOL some of you guys do not have a clue what you are talking about!

How many of you have actually been out with Mystery?! Well I have.

His callibration is off the wall, I have never met anyone like him. I could explain why he is the best but it would go over a lot of peoples heads. All you need to know is that if you are confident in yourself and don't give a shit about what other people think - you will be the winner, like Mystery.

Appearance is only a tiny tiny part of game, yes it helps but if you have the experience that Mystery has, you can dress pretty much however you want (within reason) i.e wearing scruffy, or dirty clothes would not work etc but crazy clothes does.

I am just amazed at some of the posts on here, this is a PUA forum, not an AFC forum...... learn from the more experienced members on here and take their advice.

We are all here to help each other, this isn't a competition.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:46 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

it does work i peacock once with out know what peacocking was
i was dressed as santa (i was doing a christmas gig the promoter wanted me to wear it) and out out a club in the que these three indie hbs 7 where all over me i didn`t know how it work untill i read the game

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:33 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

Yahoo Messenger: timkrishna2000
AOL: Bigtimbo83
try it, if it doesn't work, try something else.

btw, i live in LA peacocking works here. if you live somewhere else where wearing eye liner and goggles doesn't work then don't wear them. i can definitely understand that there are different dynamics in different parts of the world so i'm not gonna say everyone should do it.

some people can't pull off the rockstar look. but you can see the AFC in s02e01 with the "fake gold chain" gets a girl to approach him just by having it on.

How about if I wait six weeks to call. I could tell her I found her number while I was cleaning out my wallet, I can't remember where we met. I'll ask her what she looks like and then I'll ask her if we Fucked. How about that? Would that be money?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:35 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

I read once that part of seduction can be learned from theatre, in that everyone has an innate desire to play with their role in society, to be something different (what did you want to be when you grew up/girls always play house/acting out games as children). This desire stays with us, and can be brought through peacocking. You have the ability to make yourself a character, playing a game. This becomes highly attractive to women because they can see you: a. are confident wearing something different and being a character b.like to play around c. have a style and sense all your own
--Peacocking is certainly one of the ways you can get women to consistently open you up rather than going to talk to them.

Peacocking can definitely have a positive effect, and you can tailor (no pun intended) it to your degree. On occasion I will wear a sport jacket, a graphic tee, and matching pajama pants with sunglasses and flip flops. To class. to the mall. to a friends house. The idea is to be comfortable in what I am dressed in and have a good time. When you are happy you naturally emanate a positive vibe that is very sexy to women

Jockin Jay-Z (Travis Barker Remix) --Jay-Z
S.C.O.M --Juelz Santana ft. Fort Minor
Troublemaker --Weezer
Lollipop --L'il Wayne ft. Kanye West
Blind Man --Black Stone Cherry
(suggestions welcome)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:42 am 
MPUA Forum Zealot

Quote:
I know he's a PUA and all but would a normal "club chick" really want to go out with a guy wearing an eyeliner and goggles to a club? or even a fuzzy hat ? I just dont think girls in the club scene would find that style attractive. He might have the moves but appearance are still the no. 1 thing for most girls in the club scene.
Exactly because YOU think like that, makes his style stand out. He thinks OUTSIDE the box. He looks so different than ANY other guy in the club. By that only reason, girls notice him more, because he stands out. Appearance is not the #1 thing for girls. Confidence is, and a guy who wears that kind of stuff is shouting confidence. Hell! I wanna see you go around with a fur top hat, with a huge medallion like his, the clothes...
He also looks like a rockstar/mystery (duuuh) he looks mysterious in that outfit. Rather than 90% of the guys at a club that would be wearing the same brands blah blah...
This is not only peacocking. But its about being different, being unique. Thats the key. You have to be different than the other guys hitting on girls.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:38 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

yeah, everybody knows that peacocking is one of the easiest and efficient way to get people intrested in you
because nobody looks for something ordinary...let's be real

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:22 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Quote:
LOL some of you guys do not have a clue what you are talking about!

How many of you have actually been out with Mystery?! Well I have.

His callibration is off the wall, I have never met anyone like him. I could explain why he is the best but it would go over a lot of peoples heads. All you need to know is that if you are confident in yourself and don't give a shit about what other people think - you will be the winner, like Mystery.

Appearance is only a tiny tiny part of game, yes it helps but if you have the experience that Mystery has, you can dress pretty much however you want (within reason) i.e wearing scruffy, or dirty clothes would not work etc but crazy clothes does.

I am just amazed at some of the posts on here, this is a PUA forum, not an AFC forum...... learn from the more experienced members on here and take their advice.

We are all here to help each other, this isn't a competition.....
You have been out with Mystery. Coukd you tell us your experience please. and about his escalation.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:31 am 
New to MPUA Forum

AOL: ab0vethegame
Another point Mystery makes is to dress to attract the type of women you're looking for. He listens to a certain type of music, likes a certain type of women, and dresses to attract that type of woman. The beauty of it is though, he can get most ANY type of girl wearing exactly what he does, through his personality.

I have a very diverse personality... I listen to a lot of different types of music, and I'm attracted to a lot of different types of women.

And TRUST ME when I tell you this: it makes a world of difference.

I was wearing a tie, collared shirt, khaki pants- real nice formal/dress wear one day and trying to have a meaningful convo with this hot punk rock/scene type girl. She was putting up a HUGE bitch shield, wouldn't even let me get into music with her... it was extremely irritating. Just writing me off for my clothes.

Then I'm standing outside having a cigarette next to my car on my break, and I had taken off the shirt/tie so I was in my pants and an A-shirt (more commonly referred to as a wife beater) showing off 8 of my 9 tattoos.

All of a sudden this little bitch isn't a little bitch anymore, bums a cigarette from me, and ends up writing down HER phone number for me to call her.

Needless to say, I never called her because I wasn't a big fan of her being shallow like that.

I also had a girl in high school (sort of a reverse of the previous girl) who blatantly told me in the middle of class after she saw a picture of me for my sisters wedding I used as a book mark "I'd totally fuck you if you didn't have a mohawk and your hair still looked like that."

So never underestimate what a man is wearing. Because there's some girl out there who bases her attraction of a man on what clique he seems to identify with through his clothing.

Then I had the hot little bartender who started fucking with my leather jacket last summer (full of studs, patches, graffiti etc. from when I was 15 year old and didn't know the first thing about picking up women; I'm 22 now). This girl starts playing with the spikes on it from behind, so I turn around ready to hit somebody and I see this SEXY little brunette thing staring up at me and she says "I like your jacket. I listen to the so and so's and blah blah blah..." opening me while I'm wearing a jacket that literally got me jumped by a couple mexicans one day! It threw me way off, because I was getting ready to leave back to this vampire girls house for some sex that I still have a tiny scar on my oblique from. But I told her it was a pleasure meeting her and it threw me off she listened to the same music, but she was just like me... business at work, play when you're not working.

So my real point is this- remember high school. At least for me you had the Punk kids, the hip hop kids, the Abercrombie and Fitch/Aeropostale/Hollister kids, the Goth/Metal kids, etc. etc. Remember those cliques/groups?! Well, I roamed freely between them because I got along so well with people if they gave me a chance, but I'll tell you one thing: my mohawked head wasn't in between the legs of a "Preppy" girls legs eating her pussy during those four years. They'd hug me and pick me as a partner in school work all day, but they loved the jock types who drove to school in cars their parents bought for them.

and don't knock Mystery for what he wears. The Michael Jordan comparison sort of stands in my book. While we can't call him the GOAT just yet, he's most certainly THE man who inspired the current generation. You ask Kobe, LeBron, Dwayne Wade who's game they admired most growing up, its always the same answer: Michael Jordan.

Mystery really doesn't get his credit for turning this sub-culture on its head. And for the guy posting to start this thread, its like I walked onto the basketball court listening to some average fucking Joe talk trash about MJ when he can't even dribble without staring at the ball.

-Webster

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:32 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Even Criss angel dresses almost the same way but criss look way better than mystery. if you guys wanna know his tricks, check out http://pumaskills.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:26 pm 
MPUA Forum Addict

All this talk about peacocking reminds me of my younger days (I'm 37). I wore over the top clothes, but I had the attitude to carry it off. Then I got thrown out of college for having a 0.5 GPA, had to get a job, and all conservative and boring. This site and all the techniques are helping me remember what got me laid as a younger guy.

The level of peacocking has to go with the level of swagger and game. If you put on Mystery's outfit and tried to cruise on the town without balls of steel to go behind it, you'd last all of like 5 mins before some HB (or her redneck boyfriend) destroyed you. If you want to peacock, start small and slowly add to your collection of props and eventually you will build a style of your own.

Also keep in mind that Mystery is now on television, and TV types start to become caricatures of people. If he dressed weird before, he's now got to take it to a Hollywood level. You can't say the dude doesn't have style. It's not my style, but that's what makes it his own.