PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:47 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

Hey folks

A couple of days ago I was practicing the cube routine with a female friend of mine, and she gave me such a macabre description, that not only I had a hard time to interpret all of it, but I also got really freaked out and kinda am feeling bad for her.

I need some help figuring out some of the figures. So I'm going to describe what she imagined, with a few comments, and I'll point out what most intrigued me.

First, the scenary isn't a desert, or forest, or room, but a DUNGEON.
Ok, nothing really creepy here....

THE CUBE:
- a big cube, taking around 40% of the space in the dungeon.
- it is made of it is the most dense material known to man,
- it is floating and rotating in al directions around itself
- it is black
- it is closed, solid

THE LADDER:
- short, like those that look like a stool, and as tall as the bottom of the floating cube
- it stands away of the cube at some distance
- it is made of titanium alloy

THE FLOWERS:
- there are no flowers
- according to her, the electromagnetic field of force generetad by the properties of the cube would immediatelly disintegrate the flowers if they came close.... (I swear that my skin shivered when she said that)

THE HORSE (this part is what realy creeped me out)
- a normal horse, healthy
- Now comes the sick part: Have you guys watched "The Cell", with Jeniffer Lopez? Well, there's a scene when she in inside the killer's head and there's a horse that gets split on several parts. I can't post the link to the video yet, but just go on youtube and type "horse gets split into pieces". It should be the 1st one with 3:30 of duration.
- detail: the horse is ALIVE
- it is spinning around the cube on all directions (but the pieces don't spin separetely, they spin together)

THE STORM:
- it is INSIDE THE CUBE (I thought "oh, poor babe...." :cry: )
- it is not a simple storm, but also a BLACK HOLE, wich sucks everything in and cause everything to spin around the cube, and eventually absorbs them.
- she let slip that it actually got worse when the horse came in

Well, give me your feedback and interpretations. I would really like to know what those weird things can mean.

Zepp

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:09 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

Hmm... is she perhaps an emo/goth type of person?

I guess that Cube is not really a reflection of personality (in many cases - sure, but not always). I would say that girls attracted with some themes could apply them to imaginary pictures without any serious connection to their "inner-self".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:34 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

holy fuck lol

"Your a serial killer in disquise, you needs immediat psychological help! come to my house quick!"

Nah i wouldnt say that, i'd be flabbergasted too.

"one thing is for sure, you have alot of imagination, lets go put that to good use :wink: "

or not that either...... :roll: :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:23 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

The cube is a go to for most PUA's, its simple and easy to remember.

I think she heard it before and was messing with you. Whats the background story on this chick, is she a goth chick, did you just meet her that night when you gave the story. How where your IOI's going into and coming out of the story?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:30 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Quote:
Hey folks

A couple of days ago I was practicing the cube routine with a female friend of mine, and she gave me such a macabre description, that not only I had a hard time to interpret all of it, but I also got really freaked out and kinda am feeling bad for her.

I need some help figuring out some of the figures. So I'm going to describe what she imagined, with a few comments, and I'll point out what most intrigued me.

First, the scenary isn't a desert, or forest, or room, but a DUNGEON.
Ok, nothing really creepy here....

THE CUBE:
- a big cube, taking around 40% of the space in the dungeon.
- it is made of it is the most dense material known to man,
- it is floating and rotating in al directions around itself
- it is black
- it is closed, solid

THE LADDER:
- short, like those that look like a stool, and as tall as the bottom of the floating cube
- it stands away of the cube at some distance
- it is made of titanium alloy

THE FLOWERS:
- there are no flowers
- according to her, the electromagnetic field of force generetad by the properties of the cube would immediatelly disintegrate the flowers if they came close.... (I swear that my skin shivered when she said that)

THE HORSE (this part is what realy creeped me out)
- a normal horse, healthy
- Now comes the sick part: Have you guys watched "The Cell", with Jeniffer Lopez? Well, there's a scene when she in inside the killer's head and there's a horse that gets split on several parts. I can't post the link to the video yet, but just go on youtube and type "horse gets split into pieces". It should be the 1st one with 3:30 of duration.
- detail: the horse is ALIVE
- it is spinning around the cube on all directions (but the pieces don't spin separetely, they spin together)

THE STORM:
- it is INSIDE THE CUBE (I thought "oh, poor babe...." :cry: )
- it is not a simple storm, but also a BLACK HOLE, wich sucks everything in and cause everything to spin around the cube, and eventually absorbs them.
- she let slip that it actually got worse when the horse came in

Well, give me your feedback and interpretations. I would really like to know what those weird things can mean.

Zepp
Tell her that most people with a really twisted sense of humour, or sarcastic yet funny people, or people who have a rebellious edge, tend to say the opposite of what they mean. Example, if the flowers die, she actually has tons of friends.

But I would, personally, get the fuck out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:02 pm 
Member of MPUA Forum

Maybe she already knew about the cube, and what you were doing, so she went with the most extreme stuff she could think of. If not, maybe the chick was just batshit crazy...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:35 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

AOL: Waterboy2010
Either she needs some serious Psycological help...

or

She already knew about the cube or maybe didnt know about the cube and exagerrated everything to just throw your trick off completely.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:04 am 
New to MPUA Forum

she's an old friend of mine actually
she did not know about that
and yeah, she was a little goth a few years ago, but she's normal now (at least from the outside....)
Well, she might have exaggerated just to pull the thing off.
But I still think she was really honest, because the things she said actually made sense, and it is her style. I mean, it is SO her to think this kind of sick shit.
But I never had analysed what she said until now, and that's what scared me.

I thought a lot, and the only thing I could think of to explain the horse, is that she might like to be with someone that she can see through, she wants to to be able to see his interior.
The black hole storm inside the cube means she believes she is the source of all the problems (which are strong problems), and that she "sucks" everyone and everything with her on to those problems.

But anyway, even though the test actually tell a few things right, it is not completely true. She's a realy nice girl, a wonderful friend.

But I still am curious to know what other interpretations some of you guys might have.

Thanks for the comments, folks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:03 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

It is always good to get a girl's opinion on our routines.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:32 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

I really think most of you are missing the point of The Cube. It is not an actual psychological test. Using The Cube does not actually allow you to learn a lot about the individual you are speaking to. It is a cold reading technique. You could literally change the meaning of any of the parts of the Cube and use your generalizations to still get a reaction out of them. If you look at the different versions of the Cube some of the parts actually have different meanings. Some people go with the Ladder as referring to friends and family others use it for ambition and goals in life. In some versions Flowers are used as friends and other versions they're used to represent children or possible children.

You are all reading far too into this. If she is an old friend of yours and you truly do think she needs help then be a good friend and help her get it, but don't knock the girl for being creative and immediately assume something is wrong with her. You asked her to imagine something, this is what she imagined. Your goal is to interpret these images and make them reflect her or, honestly, any one for that matter! Just because you've used the Cube before and people have told you that you know so much about them doesn't mean anything. You are all falling victim to the very technique the Cube is based on; using general statements that apply to almost everyone and are close to heart making them feel more real and genuine.

Bottom line Zeppelin, she is YOUR friend. You know her better than any one here will and if you two aren't close enough for you to truly know the issues in her life maybe, because you told her this was a psychological test, this is her way of trying to get you to prompt her. If you do know the issues in her life then what are you doing posting on an internet forum and why aren't you helping her? Finally, there's a very large possibility that there's absolutely nothing wrong here and you're trying to play psychiatrist by using an overused pickup gambit that is for entertainment only.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:09 pm 
Dedicated Member

Quote:
I really think most of you are missing the point of The Cube. It is not an actual psychological test.
Actually I think you are missing the point. The Cube is now used as a routine, but the routine is derived from an actual psycological test/study.

http://www.amazon.com/Cube-Keep-Secret- ... 0062512668

Now that being said, interpreting the results properly takes a lot more then "pua" training to do so. The above girl may not be a psychotic murderer. Heck, I would wager more on the geek (girls don't say Titanium unless they are geek... they say 'metal') or emo type.

Love is a two way dream

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:02 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

Quote:
Product Description
Spread the word...but keep the secret!

The Cube is an imagination game--and more--that holds a secret you are dared not to reveal. Last seen making the rounds in the coffeehouses of Eastern Europe, the Cube is rumored to be of ancient Sufi origin, but no one really knows for certain. This mystery game just seems to reappear when and where it is needed. Now it is here! Inside these pages, the game is revealed along with intriguing stories of others who have played the Cube--including such celebrities as Gloria Steinem, Willem Dafoe, Erica Jong, and Judy Collins.

So don't be square...Get Cubed!

About the Author
Annie Gottlieb is a freelance writer specializing in psychology. She has contributed to many publications, including Mirabella, McCall's, and the New York Times Book Review and Op-Ed page. She is the author of Do You Believe In Magic?:Bringing the Sixties Back Home and coauthor of Wishcraft:How to Get What You Really Want.
Just because someone comes up with a routine and labels it a "psychological test" does not make it so. That's like saying those "What Star Wars character are you?" tests are based on psychology. They aren't. If you would like to argue that this is indeed an actual psychological test that is used to date and has any form of scientific validity to it I would like to see links to studies and not some book that a "freelance writer specializing in psychology" has written. Where are her credentials? The book itself even states it is "an imagination game" not a psychological test.
If this truly were based on scientific method there would be no room for interpretation, but clearly there is.

Personally, I love the Cube and think it is a wonderful piece of material to have but to honestly believe you are capable of understanding someone's inner thoughts and feelings is truly delusion. Do not forget there are many statements you make that are not true at all to the person you are speaking with. They just do not remember them because they are far less memorable than the statements you get right. Or what about those statements where they respond "so-so"? The only way you'll begin to learn more about the person you're speaking to by using the Cube is after you've made these generalizations and they begin to elaborate on them. This is simple trickery and guess work not science. It's been done for hundreds of years. The Cube is just an easy way to structure a cold read so you do not have to start from scratch. As it can be very nervewracking and difficult to begin a cold read with nothing at all.

Next time you're with a woman, or anyone for that matter, that you don't know very well and it works wonders if they're wearing long pants simply say, "Do you have this tiny scar on your knee?" and use your fingers to show them an approximate size. If they say no, just simply say nevermind or tell them a story about how you got a tiny scar on your knee. They'll forget about it. If they say yes, go on about how you just had this picture of them when they were younger (or if you're feeling particularly brave say as a child) and mention how they're wearing a dress and they fall down and there's this cut, and there's blood. If they haven't hooked by now and began to tell you the story then simply pass it off as it's not a big deal. If they do, which chances are they will, because most of us at some point in our childhood have fallen and cut our knees, you'll seem like a miracle worker. The thing about all of it is the girl might not have even been wearing a dress and the size of the scar you provided with your fingers might not even be accurate at all, but the detail you provide is enough for her to remember a similar moment herself and she'll credit you with seeing it or "reading her mind." To top it all off she might even remember that you got the size of the scar right and that you knew what she was wearing. Especially if she shows you the scar. You can then again measure it with your fingers and show the size of the scar saying, "It looked about that big to me." Repeating the way you presented your fingers to her earlier. She may create a false memory (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_memories) of the events.

There's a massive collection on cold reading out there. The Cube is one of hundreds of techniques to use. I figure this far into the game most of you would have understood cold reading. If not check it out on Wiki (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cold_reading) and you can go from there.

I hope that clarifies things.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:15 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

Quote:
she's an old friend of mine actually
she did not know about that
and yeah, she was a little goth a few years ago, but she's normal now (at least from the outside....)
Well, she might have exaggerated just to pull the thing off.
But I still think she was really honest, because the things she said actually made sense, and it is her style. I mean, it is SO her to think this kind of sick shit.
But I never had analysed what she said until now, and that's what scared me.

I thought a lot, and the only thing I could think of to explain the horse, is that she might like to be with someone that she can see through, she wants to to be able to see his interior.
The black hole storm inside the cube means she believes she is the source of all the problems (which are strong problems), and that she "sucks" everyone and everything with her on to those problems.

But anyway, even though the test actually tell a few things right, it is not completely true. She's a realy nice girl, a wonderful friend.

But I still am curious to know what other interpretations some of you guys might have.

Thanks for the comments, folks.
I agree with some of the other commenters here -- girls might also have different perceptions of a scene if they have an interest in the arts, especially photography, sculpture, set design, or film. It's based on Jungian and Freudian psychology, which are probably used more now in critical/literary theory versus actual psychology. It's almost 150 years old! So, grains of salt, gentlemen.

It probably says just as much about whether she sees the world through the lens of cliche. And as a conversation starter. But the paint by numbers aspect, assigning different meanings based on this prescriptive instruction set -- use your judgment. Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar; sometimes a cube is just a cube.

Although I DO find it interesting that there's a thought experiment in the PUA community about asking girls about their boxes. HMMM. Chew on that one. ;) (Don't mind if I do.)

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 3:20 am 
PUA Forum Leader

The cube is all about the analysis of the person based on what they say, and relating their descriptions back to their life. That's why you need to do the cube after you have learned a little bit about the person. Their answers alone are of no real relevance or importance, particularly as it relates to a psychological case study or whatever.

But I will say that this person obviously has a dark side if they are willing and able to imagine and articulate such things in the first place. It's like the Rorschach test where a person who is in a homicidal state of mind will see blood and gore in every image, because that is the mental space they are occupying.