PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:23 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

AOL: Urbanl3g3ndd213
hey guys,

so ive read in a few places that it can exponentially help your game if you keep a pick up journal and look back at situations and see what you could have done...

well i started mine, so far everything ive written in it has ended up being a great night (yes! lol) but tonight broke the pattern; i was at one of my best friends parties tonight and it was four of us guys (two are rather unkept and one has a girlfriend who was there with him, so i was basically the only viable male there) and about 8 girls. 5 of the 8 girls were ones that we all didnt know but were friends of one of the girls that we usually hang out with. to be honest they were all good looking but there was one that caught my eye particularly. unfortunately everyone at our little gathering was segregated into all of us who usually hang out, and than these girls were abotu 10/15 feet away playing ping pong and doing shots by themselves. although i usually dont have any approach anxiety, i had quite a bit this time but nonetheless i saw my opening when one of the girls left the ping pong table. I nonchalantly grabbed the racket and with lots of energy started talking and playing with them, they weren't really talking at all with me, just singing there song and making eye contact with each other and laughing at nothing with the occasional eye contact to me and comment about where the ball went(from what i gathered i was looked upon by them as either a creeper or just a downright intruder in there space). still i kept my energy up, but i got no response what so ever. what could i have done differently? i mean, i was the only person(let alone guy) who attempted to befriend them, the other guys were too shy. and yet they still restrained from even harmless friendly flirting and kinda just let me into there Ping-Pong game but even with my random blurts about the game i was getting like no responses other than a split second of eye contact and than one of their friends diverting there attention with laughter...

anywho, so i just want to know what i could have/should have done differently so next time i can maybe pull the one girl i wanted. Thanks in advanced my fellow men.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:08 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Be aggressive. Force yourself into the group. Basically, get in or get blown out. Don't just join their game--you are joining their reality without changing it or imposing control. Display your dominance.

Ways to do this:
-steal a pattle
-grab the ping-pong ball and change the game
-start a diff drinking game involving all of them
-don't join their game without making yourself the center of attention