PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 1:34 am 
PUA Forum Leader

didnt see a thread like this so i decided to make one

just write down things about your personality, mindset, appearance, or whatever you feel is weak or getting in your way and maybe we can get some ideas together to fix them

for me

1)my hair, if it gets too long it gets frizzy in humidity so i constantly have to get hair cuts
2)i second guess myself too much and think about the negatives
3)i find it hard to keep an interesting conversation on nights that my game is not on
4)i am not that big, muscle wise, i need to hit the gym to fill out my shirts
5)i dont realize IOI's until i think about it later on

thats all for now, some can be fixed, others i have to deal with, its good to let them out there so we can see and help eachother on what needs to be fixed

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:35 am 
MPUA Forum Zealot

Yahoo Messenger: ask
AOL: bobster5000
Here goes dude. my main problems are

1) I'm horrible at making the first move all my successes since college have been enticing the first move. There were only 3 that I failed on but 2 were because I failed to make the move
2) I over think way too much
3) I have too much of a conscience which in the past has prevented me from getting what I wanted
4)I'm an average looking guy, 5'10", brown hair, slender athletic (until i fully recover from my injury) which can put a damper on initial physical attraction despite the fact that I have well defined abs, obliques, and pecs
5) I'm very picky and until recently never really had an interest in one night hookups.
6) I sometimes tend to talk a bit too much

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 7:25 pm 
MPUA Forum Zealot

Hey guys, lets see:

1. I have a noticable stutter and have been since i was young.
2. When i stutter my composed face may go into awkward/weird expressions which i can sense sometimes causes discomfort to people who have just met me.
3. Basically unless the person has eye contact with me, i think they are not listening/not interested, which causes me to stutter more at the given moment.
4. When i don't have a clean shave i feel less appealing/dirty. I can only get a clean every 3rd day or so...or else i get razor burns and that's not any more attractive then facial hair.
5. Although i know exactly what i'm going to say, trying to brace myself/get past a stutter i think makes me look less intelligent in finding my words and being able to express myself w/o looking like "he's trying to seem smart/trying too hard".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 8:42 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

AOL: Rapp2Sox05
You guys gotta take these negatives and look on the bright side of them until you get over it. Nothing listed is a serious detterant. Turn em around to work for you.

First guy:

Hit the gym a bit. As long as you feel good about yourself physically everyone else will too. Start wearing clothes that flatter you. If you're too skinny wear 3/4 sleeve shirts or a t-shirt/long-sleeve underneath combo. When your hair gets long wear a nice hat that lets your hair peak out. You don't need to be Brad Pitt to pique girls interest.

2nd dude:

Go out and talk to strangers. You'll become more comfortable talking in general and won't have a problem making a first move. Also you'll realize that you probably aren't talking too much. The strangers dont' even have to be women. Just go right now, after reading this, find a stranger and talk to them about something.

3rd dude:

You seem to concentrate on your stutter. Embrace it dude. Think of it as a drumroll to what you are about to say. There is extra suspense to your comments because you just have a lil more flair when you spit it out.

Those comments may sound stupid but once you guys are more comfortable with yourselves, girls will feel more comfortable around you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 10:25 pm 
Member of MPUA Forum

Quote:
You seem to concentrate on your stutter. Embrace it dude. Think of it as a drumroll to what you are about to say. There is extra suspense to your comments because you just have a lil more flair when you spit it out.
Looks like someone is a fan of Demetri Martin :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 11:55 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

AOL: Rapp2Sox05
hell yea baby, but it's true.

"th...th...th..."
What's he gonna say? thimble...thorn....oooooooh Thursday.

Or however it goes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 12:14 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

1) Approach Anxiety when she hasn't shown interest.
2) Scrawny Body.
3) Worried about my performance in bed.
4) Intimidated by how much more experience most girls have over me
5) I was raised by hippie-feminists so I still have a lot of ethical-conscious hangups even though intellectually I know they're all bullshit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 1:03 am 
MPUA Forum Addict

1. Sometimes when i talk to girls they can be an hb2 or an hb10 ill get really red in the face and go blank, sorta a mental black out lol... and sometimes it can be an hb11 and ill be cool I DONT GET IT!!

2. I'm boring! I need to get out and do stuff i guess :)

this feels good to dis myself YEA!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 4:30 am 
MPUA Forum Addict

AOL: info10456
1.horrible acne(not horrible as in GOD DAMN but horrible as in theres always at least one or two)(not internal problem but technically starts out internally lol)
2.im borring(i cant count the times i've been caught "studing the floor")
3.im always on the computer so im never sarging
4.AA
5.i dont really have a passion.i have things i like but nothing that ......you no moves me
6.procrastination can lead to me slacking off in working out (like now)
7.low confidience(its all good till i get neg.d or w/e then it gets awkward & become strangly quietly)

Last edited by Alekc on Sun Sep 16, 2007 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 6:53 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

6) When I do get depressed, though rare, it hits really hard. Tonight being an example.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 8:06 am 
MPUA Forum Addict

Whoop, now i can throw all m crappy inside feelings oto this page: yay

1. I make up excuses not to approach like a champion
2. I have a cripling case of not feeling alpha enough.
3. My mind always concentrates on he downside of approaching.
4. When i'm on my own i feel so vulnerable and unconfident.
5. I get too comfortable
6. Lack of confidence in what i have to say even though i know its worthwhile.

whoo, that was fun.[/i]

What a title!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 8:43 pm 
MPUA Forum Addict

My biggest issue is lack of motivation. I have zero problems going out to bars and parties and talking to people, male or female. However, if I'm in a store or something and I'm shopping....well shopping always my focus, not picking up anyone. I know in my head I can pickup anywhere, but sometimes it just dosne't seem all that important depending on where I am.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 1:04 am 
New to MPUA Forum

For me, I have never been in a relationship....! This actaully botherrs me... I dont know how do girls take do you have any idea.
I think it is a negative point isnt? no ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 1:26 am 
MPUA Forum Addict

AOL: info10456
Quote:
For me, I have never been in a relationship....! This actaully botherrs me... I dont know how do girls take do you have any idea.
I think it is a negative point isnt? no ?
depends how you spin it if you say "i find most women arent even worth the drama of a realationship" thats definately a positive (and a bit of a neg.)

but if you just say "i've never been in a relationship" your pretty much fukked because then the picture paints itself in her mind. and its a picture you're not gonna like

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 1:55 am 
PUA Forum Leader

wow i forgot i made this thread....i still havent joined the gym because im a lazy

but i have a mini gym in my house that i never use and im actually pretty disappointed in myself for not taking advantage of it