Post subject: Being vs Being "Like"
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:57 pm 
Dedicated Member

AOL: XxKoreaN54xX
One of THE biggest mindset transformations when converting to natural is all about being vs being like.

PUAs are all about "being LIKE The Naturals" and "acting LIKE them" and "doing things LIKE them"

Naturals are all about "Being" than "being Like"

They become the models they see. They dont be "like" them, they really Become.

It's really a thing like "Fake Personality vs Real Personality"

Thoughts motivate action.
One MUST have the mindset of "Becoming A Natural" to be a natural.

He can NOT say "I want to be like a natural"

Say the statement "I am becoming a natural." ten times in your head now.

And always say this line to yourself regularly. For it will show results.

<33

Grape's eBook of 2009 (71 pages of useful information) http://www.scribd.com/doc/24523878/Grap ... ok-of-2009

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:31 pm 
MPUA Forum Zealot

While I believe this is a great thought indeed I also have to say that you build the experiences on becoming a natural from positive experiences. You can't really say to yourself honestly "I am a natural" without having your own positive experiences to back it up.

- Exerio

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:22 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

style wrote in i his book 'the game' that he want to become a natural. or even an unnatural. and i agree with it, cuz sure, beeing natural is awesome, but you can to add unnatural skills to it like routines to optimize your sucess;P unnaturals have some big advantagee to naturals. 1. they 'worked' for their sucess. example: i man who win a million dollar don't really know how worth it is. but a man xho worked hard for, can be proud, and he'll use the money to make it even more. 2. they know exactly what women like. naturals feel it, unnaturals know it. PUAs feel it and they know why, cuz they have usually passed the game from beginning, so it's better.
sure, i don't want to say acting different then you are is better. NO! get natural, but improve it with unnatural skills !!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:33 pm 
Dedicated Member

Keep in mind it's not "I AM A NATURAL." until you've actually experienced things to back your statement up.

It's "I am BECOMING a natural."
Thoughts motivate action.

<33

Grape's eBook of 2009 (71 pages of useful information) http://www.scribd.com/doc/24523878/Grap ... ok-of-2009

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:06 am 
PUA Forum Leader

That a powerful idea. I thought something similar a while back. I realize consciously I believed certain things about myself, but subconsciously I believed otherwise. And this struggle made me disingenuous and fake. The "being like" you speak of. Until I was able to accept my new self down to the core, I was simply a caricature of what I wanted to be.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:16 am 
Dedicated Member

Quote:
Keep in mind it's not "I AM A NATURAL."
False. It IS in fact "I AM A NATURAL"

This is an affirmation which would serve to embed this belief into your subconscious mind....as a result you will eventually start acting out based on this core belief. Our actions and natural behavior are governed by our core beliefs. The beauty of it? we can change out core beliefs, and hence our natural behavior.

My point is actually this...the subconscious minds takes to present tense affirmations, not the future. Read any self help book on affirmations and you will soon see that its all about the 'I AM', always in the present tense. You don't want to train your subconscious to believe that you will BECOME a natural, you want to train it to believe you ARE one. And of course these affirmations alone won't do much for you unless you take action and DO.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:18 pm 
Dedicated Member

Quote:
Quote:
Keep in mind it's not "I AM A NATURAL."
False. It IS in fact "I AM A NATURAL"

This is an affirmation which would serve to embed this belief into your subconscious mind....as a result you will eventually start acting out based on this core belief. Our actions and natural behavior are governed by our core beliefs. The beauty of it? we can change out core beliefs, and hence our natural behavior.

My point is actually this...the subconscious minds takes to present tense affirmations, not the future. Read any self help book on affirmations and you will soon see that its all about the 'I AM', always in the present tense. You don't want to train your subconscious to believe that you will BECOME a natural, you want to train it to believe you ARE one. And of course these affirmations alone won't do much for you unless you take action and DO.
No, "I am a natural" makes your subconscious be done with it. It makes you think "okay, I'm a natural. Who I am right now is natural."

"I am becoming a natural" is present tense. Not "I will become", but "I am becoming a natural."

I guess ya just read it weird =pp

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:43 pm 
Dedicated Member

Grape, read a book or 2 on affirmations and how they are meant to the affect the subconscious mind.

affirmations are always said 'as if you already are'.

you dont want to be 'becoming' a natural for the rest of the your life, you want to train your subconscious to believe that you ARE one already. therefore it is 'i AM a natural'.

the affirmation should also be realistic to you else it will be rejected. eg. tell yourself that you are spiderman, i doubt you will ever believe that no matter how many times you affirm it. (if you do ever believe youre spiderman....let me know...cos thats pretty f*cking cool :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:18 pm 
Dedicated Member

Quote:
Grape, read a book or 2 on affirmations and how they are meant to the affect the subconscious mind.

affirmations are always said 'as if you already are'.

you dont want to be 'becoming' a natural for the rest of the your life, you want to train your subconscious to believe that you ARE one already. therefore it is 'i AM a natural'.

the affirmation should also be realistic to you else it will be rejected. eg. tell yourself that you are spiderman, i doubt you will ever believe that no matter how many times you affirm it. (if you do ever believe youre spiderman....let me know...cos thats pretty f*cking cool :)
What are you talking about? I AM spider man haha ;]

but yeah, the affirmations should be realistic.
if the pua is still using canned material and such but he's saying "i am a natural"... it's kinda weird.

soooo, idk if you're gonna agree with me here.
affirmation of "i am becoming a natural" until you have enough 'experiences' to say "i am a natural."

how's that? =] =] =]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:49 pm 
&#9829; Forum Mommy &#9829;

This is all thought provoking.

If you're using something as a personal mindset while learning: I am becoming a natural is fine. You are right about the mindset should be "becoming" rather "becoming like."

If you're using this statement as an affirmation: I am a natural. That's the proper structure.

Depends how you are using the statement. Different people climb mountains from every which direction... as long as you make it to the top, I say.

My personal thoughts: from working with Adam Lyons and Psych on their past two trips to NYC... I've been thinking a lot about "Natural" game.

Why would you want to be "a natural?" By my personal definition, you never will be a natural by the very nature of the information you've gathered studying social dynamics. Think in terms of being a supernatural. You've got tools that the naturals don't have (but of course, they don't need them, do they?)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:36 pm 
Dedicated Member

Quote:

If you're using something as a personal mindset while learning: I am becoming a natural is fine. You are right about the mindset should be "becoming" rather "becoming like."

If you're using this statement as an affirmation: I am a natural. That's the proper structure.

Depends how you are using the statement. Different people climb mountains from every which direction... as long as you make it to the top, I say.

My personal thoughts: from working with Adam Lyons and Psych on their past two trips to NYC... I've been thinking a lot about "Natural" game.

Why would you want to be "a natural?" By my personal definition, you never will be a natural by the very nature of the information you've gathered studying social dynamics. Think in terms of being a supernatural. You've got tools that the naturals don't have (but of course, they don't need them, do they?)
Well I've always saw it as naturals are the ones who founded this community.
We've simply learned what they've learned and more.

For me, natural game is being able to lead a successful social/sexual life without having to completely imitate other PUAs and having to fake your personality, your values, your beliefs, your success, etc.

It's always the different definitions people have for the same term that seems to cause the most... conversation/argument, etc.

<33

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:45 am 
&#9829; Forum Mommy &#9829;

Quote:
Quote:

For me, natural game is being able to lead a successful social/sexual life without having to completely imitate other PUAs and having to fake your personality, your values, your beliefs, your success, etc.

It's always the different definitions people have for the same term that seems to cause the most... conversation/argument, etc.

<33
Again, depends on your definition of naturals....

But the first generation founder: Ross Jeffries
Second generation founder: Erik (Mystery), Style (in a way, at least, PR), RSD
Third generation: AFC Adam, Brad P, Gambler, Psych, the AOC guys.... etc.

None of these men, even according to them, are naturals.

Why would naturals found a community to teach other men how to get laid? The difference between "naturals" and venusian artists/social dynamos/whatever is that naturals are not consciously aware of the tools they use. We are. We came up with formulas and methodologies through field testing and theorizing.

Naturals are too busy fucking girls and drinking brew. :P

Now, if you're saying that the "naturals" CAUSED us to found the community... well... perhaps. But IMO, douchebags made us create the community by hitting on women BADLY :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:23 am 
Dedicated Member

Quote:

Sorry to disagree with you Visionxxx, but maybe your the one who should go do some reading.

I've posted the article on the forum, if your interested go look it up. But "I am becoming a natural" would be a much more effective affirmation, if coupled by pointing out the areas you are now improving in.

-Hobbit
an article off the internet? not to sound like a bragging prick but i have read books on the subject and Im not pulling this info out of my ass....go read Mind Power, Psycho Cybernetics, Creative Visualization (among others). I think you will find that information a little more comprehensive than an article off the internet written by your average Joe.

my point....read a few books on the subject and you will start noticing common concepts/facts echoed through out all of these books (as well as misconceptions), these are the 'facts' that I tend to go by. Basing your personal knowledge base off one article is clearly dangerous. If you want I will find an article will contradicts your article quite easily....I would rather go by books written by guru's of the industry in order to deduce information. Articles are helpful but they are normally written by anyone and everyone....an article directory is like Wikipedia. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:35 pm 
Dedicated Member

Quote:
Your using an authority heuristic, assuming things written in books are always true.
Not at all....hence me suggesting to read many books and take common concepts which people have found to WORK for them. In all honestly, the information on self help psychology has not changed much over the years. I have read books written by authors dating back to the 50's, as well as modern writings. They are all based on the same underlying concepts. Does this mean it's 'right'? Not necessarily, but then again, what is 'right' when it comes to lifestyle philosophy? I think what matters is if it works for you. Look at The Secret, it is simply a glorified way of explaining how one trains the subconscious mind which results in a change in behavior, which in turn allows one to acquire and reach ones goals. This as opposed to some magical method that allows one to manifest a Ferrari purely by thinking about it every night before you go to bed (which is what a lot of readers actually believe!).

And yes you wont know whether the concepts are 'true' if you dont bother to test them..well those that DO test and apply will soon enough find out just how 'true' they are (or false). And this is regardless of what science tries to make of it. I have absolutely no problem believing in something that science cannot back up.

Also, about peer reviewing...many of the older books have indeed been reviewed and edited by existing lifestyle philosophers (self help guru's) who are in agreement with that information...they are passionate about it BECAUSE it works for them, and funny enough, it has worked for many great people before our time too (many great leaders/actors/writers etc lived their lives based on these concepts, coincidence? maybe, but I beg to differ.). Once again, it does not mean it is right/true, but if youre after results...well there you go.

The self help industry today is a compilation of legacy information passed down from generations before us. My point is that if it has worked for so many people out there, it only seems logical to mirror this in order to achieve the same results. Same concept as 'do as a successful man does, and you will achieve the same results'.

And I agree, information/facts change and develop with time....but at the end of the day, we'll never be 100% 'correct' on anything at any given point in time will we, not when it comes to philosophy. Everything needs to be seen as a work in progress. All we can really do is go with what fits us best in current times and rather let our children look back and laugh at the 'potentially idiotic' information we based our lives on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:30 pm 
Dedicated Member

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

<33
Again, depends on your definition of naturals....

But the first generation founder: Ross Jeffries
Second generation founder: Erik (Mystery), Style (in a way, at least, PR), RSD
Third generation: AFC Adam, Brad P, Gambler, Psych, the AOC guys.... etc.

None of these men, even according to them, are naturals.

Why would naturals found a community to teach other men how to get laid? The difference between "naturals" and venusian artists/social dynamos/whatever is that naturals are not consciously aware of the tools they use. We are. We came up with formulas and methodologies through field testing and theorizing.

Naturals are too busy fucking girls and drinking brew. :P

Now, if you're saying that the "naturals" CAUSED us to found the community... well... perhaps. But IMO, douchebags made us create the community by hitting on women BADLY :)
Then what do you call the men who know consciously what they're doing and have their own 'tricks + tools' in getting chicks, but have never been active in the pua community?

**this is not intended to sound offensive =]