Post subject: new way to fight AA
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:06 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

I came up with a new way to combat AA, which I have field tested and found to be quite effective.
Most people try to calm down and relax, maybe distract themselves, or just go in for the plunge. I randomly came up with the idea of doing the exact opposite.
Basically I threw every mental panic and alarm switch I could. The theory here was that with enough things rushing through my head, approach anxiety would be overridden. i have dubbed it my "floodlight technique," since it drowns out what i'm trying not to focus on.
only other anxieties would drown out approach anxiety; i have had zero success with distracting myself with complex visualizations or intricate math problems or anything like that.

i addressed this in a field report: viewtopic.php?p=259841#259841

does anyone have any thoughts on this? does it work for you? any other effective strategies?[/url]

~Luminova~

Post subject: Re: new way to fight AA
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 1:25 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Could you explain how exactly you do this? I don't know if I have enough self-control to just turn on like that like the human torch.

And another question entirely is how effective is this when sarging? Sure it could overcome AA, but if your talking a mile a minute and so hyped your shaking it should be hard to pull in the ladies.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 1:27 pm 
Dedicated Member

Ok i am sure it works but the best way of beating aa is to approach just like you can't quit smoking without actually quitting. There aren't many easy routes or loopholes you could try but you will just hit a wall.