PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:07 am 
New to MPUA Forum

Here's the situation. I work with this girl, but not in the same department. I may see her like once a day passing through the halls.

We're generally friendly.
Today, we stopped and chatted. I told her about my weekend, and I told her about this mechanical bull at a bar downtown that I wanna try. She seemed to get excited, and said "We should totally do that."

I said, "Yeah, we should. I'll email you and we'll see about getting together."

Here's my question: I wanna get this girl out on a date. How should I ask her out without making it completely awkward at work if she says no?

Thanks in advance brothers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:27 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

it only become awkward if you make a big deal about it. it seems like she sounds like shes atleast somewhat attracted to you. you should tell her that your heading to that bar again on ___day and that she should come with you.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:27 am 
Member of MPUA Forum

Quote:
Here's the situation. I work with this girl, but not in the same department. I may see her like once a day passing through the halls.

We're generally friendly.
Today, we stopped and chatted. I told her about my weekend, and I told her about this mechanical bull at a bar downtown that I wanna try. She seemed to get excited, and said "We should totally do that."

I said, "Yeah, we should. I'll email you and we'll see about getting together."

Here's my question: I wanna get this girl out on a date. How should I ask her out without making it completely awkward at work if she says no?

Thanks in advance brothers.
Seems to me that you just need to work out the details. You could include friends or co-workers to take the pressure off her (and you) and just be like, "a few of us are heading down to try out that bull after work, you should come along"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:34 am 
MPUA Forum Zealot

Yahoo Messenger: Coreyko_2003
Ah, the whole "dating a co-worker" thing......and what happens if it doesnt work out? Thats gonna be pretty awkward. I was planning on getting this one girl's number from work but I keep what I just said in the back of my mind.