PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:47 am 
New to MPUA Forum

Hey guys, just watched some talkshow to write a opener. Came up with this from my notes, is much like the jealous girlfriend opener.

"Hey guys, need your help real quick. It's because one of my good friends is starting to she this girl, but she needs a lot of attention and time. So he dosen't know how to tell her he needs to use more time with us. What shall he do?"

Hows that for a opener? :lol: I'm trying to make my game more personal and more real.
Any interventions?

All feedback is welcome!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:08 am 
New to MPUA Forum

IMO, this problem (demanding gf) is pretty common and a bit boring bacause it's been around since dating started.
Maybe you want to open with something that she can give her view on?
I.E: 'My female friend suspects her bf is cheating on her but she wants some proof before she calls it quits. Thing is, she doesn't know how to get this proof or where to start. Any ideas?'
Just my take on it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:52 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

AOL: TheNewSNAFU
Listen, it's a fine opener. It doesn't matter what you say, it's all about how you say it. But it does help when it's something that girls can relate to and in this case I think they are going to be willing to talk it. You might end it with something like "She is just too needy, and it's getting out of hand... wait, you girls aren't the needy controlling type are you?" And start a false-takeaway. If they are interested in you they will smile and laugh and say "No, totally not!" at which point you have already opened, false disqualified, and made them qualify themselves to you.

Just remember, if it's real to you then it's going to sound way better. I used one a lot when I went out with one of my buddies because it was a true story, and girls love to talk about it. It was "Hey, can I ask you something, because I'm trying to help my buddy out over there but I'm really not sure what to tell him... see, he has been dating this girl for three years and it's now two months past his birthday and he's yet to receive a gift. Now he's not shallow and materialistic, but still... how do you feel about this?"

The funny part here is that there was always one girl in the group that instantly responded with "What a bitch!" or "Dump her!" (this girl was the target) and another that was interested and needed to know more details (the obstacle), so the opener worked perfectly because you negged the target and then disarmed the obstacle.

But seriously, it's not what you say, it's how you say it. I open sets with "Cats vs. Dogs" all the time. Just say we're having a really heated debate and we are all too stubborn to agree. sorry to lay such a heavy topic on their shoulders, and if they can't help it's understandable... but... "Cats or dogs?" They instantly laugh, but then they actually try to answer.

So that was a little long winded... but the point is, your opener is fine. Just say it like you mean it. It doesn't matter what "it" is...