PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:50 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

HB7.5, kinda shy in class but I know when she is with her friends, she opens up.

While we walked out of class...

-I gave a situational opener about herself
- made her smile/laugh
-talked about our test for a bit
- more small talk until we went separate ways

the next day..

-cell phone opener while walking again
-more test talk
-we laughed about this really small car
-small talk etc etc

later, i wrote on her facebook wall, but i never got a response, even though she responded to other people.

should i back off? what did i do wrong?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:04 pm 
Member of MPUA Forum

Stay off of Facebook. It shows too much interest that you have actually clicked on her profile and taken your time to write something.

When you have conversations at school, it just shows that sure she is a person you could small-talk with on the way to the next class, but when you move it to Facebook, you are trying too hard. You should just keep on smalltalking with her, and throw in a few light negs once and a while, and KEEP IT COOL :)

So to sum up: Keep the game at school for now, unless she shows countless IOI's to you.

PS: The thing you wrote on her facebook-wall, was it something that would lead to a response from her side? Or just something like "Hey nice talking to you today" (which sounds lame)

PPS: You CAN use facebook actually, but ONLY for some light negs. If you do, make sure it is clear that it isn't an insult but just teasing, cause sometimes that can be a bit hard to identify on text. You can use smileys for example.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:08 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

the facebook post was an inside joke of something that happened to us earlier that day.

I will keep off of facebook for a while like you said, thanks for the info.

Also, would you suggest something to talk about during our walks? I plan on asking her major, and why she picked that. Im having trouble in attraction phase, because we only walk for like 4 minutes, and i cant really bust on her for anything.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:14 pm 
Member of MPUA Forum

Sure you can ask her about your major, but beware that gradually you want to move your conversation to a more personal level, and asking her about her major is a pretty common question, HOWEVER, it IS something to keep the conversation flowing with, which is vital, so yeah, use it. Just remember to ask her more and more personal questions as time goes by :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:21 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

Can you give me some examples of the proper personal questions?

The only ones i can thnk of are pretty lame, such as

"Do you have any sibilings?"

and lame shit like that.

my goal is to get her comfortable enough for her to join me and my group of friends at a party we are throwing later on. THEN she will see what im like outside of school etc etc

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:54 pm 
Member of MPUA Forum

Good idea with the party, make sure you ask her casually and not like "PLEEEEASE COME!! I NEED YOU THERE!!" :)

About good school conversations: A classic is to make fun of a proffesor/teacher if someone did something funny. For example, if a teacher is for some reason hillariously hyperactive:

"Oh god, did you see Bill today?! Shit, I was this close to pop a horse-sedative in his glass! I slept like 4 hours this night, and then I come to school and have to deal with a guy who watched a little too much Andy Dick comedy and drank 4 gallons of coffee just before bedtime!"

This is my personal way of being funny, like totally negative about things, BUT with a wink in my eyes and a smile on my face so she knows you arent just a very angry person. No one wants to listen to a whining bitch :)

Post subject: One good conversation
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:24 am 
New to MPUA Forum

Ask her what is the craziest thing she has ever done. Or tell her a very detailed story of the craziest thing you have ever done. Also touch her arm when you are talking to her, you have got to establish kino. Make her comfortable with you touching her.