PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:43 am 
MPUA Forum Addict

I just wanted to say that even if you think you have nothing to learn from it, it is really important that every serious PUA watch every episode of this show.

Girls are watching this shit, so its important that you know what lines and routines are being used in it, so that you won't get called out for it.

Myself and my friends have all been been called out for being like this show on at least one occasion. Sure, you can craft some clever comebacks, or you could just learn to avoid obvious commonalities.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:37 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

I totally agree. I mean, for instance, last night when I went out, I used something from the pick up artist and needless to say, I was called out on it by a few girls, and not in a playful way I might add. I could not think of a good comeback to save the set and the girls were being total bitches about it. So I will totally agree that this show needs to be paid more attention to because girls are watching it and a good portion of them(as well as some that have boyfriends) are always on the lookout for anyone that tries to do seduction techniques on them so they can shoot them down like a bad habit. There is a reason why we all need to evolve and thats why we never use anything thats on the show. Of course if we're gonna do that, we should change it around a bit and make it our own so its more creative.[/quote]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 4:06 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

I hate to say it, but it is starting to look like the relationship between a virus and its host. Pua artists are the virus, who have to continually adapt to women finding out about the game. Women are the hosts, who use medicine to try and get rid of the virus. That is an anology i see fit for the occasion, but puas are not as bad as viruses or course.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:23 pm 
MPUA Forum Addict

casanovareborn, that kind of relation is not limited to PU. Marketeers and other such professionals feed on that thinking to exist and make the world work.

And I completely agree with this. One thing is to see Mystery explaining e.g. moving sets and say, 'I understand, it makes sense' having the ilusion it is enbeded into your thoughts, but it is a whole different thing to actually KNOW this stuff and do it infield.

along with regular practice, internalizing such concepts from watching several times the episodes is a good way to improve game

--POSSUNT QUIA POSSE VIDENTUR--
They can because they think they can

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:32 pm 

Quote:
casanovareborn, that kind of relation is not limited to PU. Marketeers and other such professionals feed on that thinking to exist and make the world work.

And I completely agree with this. One thing is to see Mystery explaining e.g. moving sets and say, 'I understand, it makes sense' having the ilusion it is enbeded into your thoughts, but it is a whole different thing to actually KNOW this stuff and do it infield.

along with regular practice, internalizing such concepts from watching several times the episodes is a good way to improve game
Teague makes a good point. I hate to tell this story because it's kind of embarrassing but not for me so here we go.

My present gf and I had been watching the show. One night I was out with my girlfriend and one of her friends. We're sitting in the bar and it comes down to playing Truth or Dare. One of the first dares was for me to open a girl. I said that's too easy I'll bring her back here to the table even.

I did.

Anyways, she thought she could do the same with someone so I told her to go after anyone in the bar. She found a girl tried the opener I used which was "text message breakup" and then bombed out completely.

It's very different. But still good to watch the show to know what's been used and showed on TV. The more you use your own material and develop your own game this becomes less of an issue.