PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:06 am 
New to MPUA Forum

So I walked in just meaning to pick up some minor odds and ends, but I saw a guy I know from work so I talked to him for a bit. As we walked I noticed two girls together in the card aisle. I told my friend I'd catch him later and was ready to use him as an excuse to bail. Then I walked into the card aisle and said to the one on crutches "Oh no, what happened to you?"

She said it was a car wreck, I asked if she hit the other person or if it was the other way around. She said they hit her, then I said that was rough and that its too bad because you can't go out on a bum leg. She laughed and the friend started to come over, apparently to run interference. So I asked her "Hey, I'm over here to find a card for my mom. Her birthday is coming up and I don't want to be the bad son that moved out and never wrote back. "

The friend says "Oh, well I usually go for the ones with the music."

I said "Ok thanks, that's a little goofy, but she'll probably go for that."

At this point I was feeling like it wasn't gonna happen so I told the one on crutches that I hoped she felt better and went on my way.

I was at the register when the non-broken friend came up to me and said that her friend wanted to know if I'd like to hang out sometime. I said that yeah, I could probably make the time and then offered them my grocery* list to write the number on.

Pretty decent for my first official sarge, while solo, while also in a grocery store. It wasn't the smoothest thing in the world, but it worked.

Any critiques, ideas or suggestions?

-Halsey

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:39 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

the fact that you made an approach in the grocery store is great. most guys who have been in the community for a while will quickly find out that night game is easier than day game.

i don't know what your style is, but my suggestion would have been to push more interaction. for example, "i have no idea what to get my mom for a card. i need your help." from there basically tease her on her choices and take the opportunity to get to know her a little better.

in my opinion day game is much more direct and is great for some cocky comedy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:15 am 
New to MPUA Forum

Yeah, day game seems to be better for me because it's more of an 'under the radar' approach. Although I can see why night game would be easier, since if the girls are in the club it's safe to presume they're there to meet dudes.

Hey if you guys wouldn't mind, could you stay on me about getting out there and improving? I'm competitive so I know that will help me. All my friends out here have girlfriends or wives so I am completely wingless. It makes me sad. No less awesome...but slightly sad.

How do you run your day game? Any good plays?

Thanks,

-Halsey

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:46 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

in my opinion the only real difference is how direct you are. i'd say this...get real good at going direct in night game, and you will find day game real easy. because of competition, you have to be pretty tight with your direct game at night, but once you get there, you will find day game direct fairly easy.

the hardest part about day game is the unexpected factor women have in being hit on in the day. at the same time it is your greatest ally.