PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 7:48 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

I'm 17 in my last year of school.

Last summer i was having so much fun and spent afair amount of time building up a nice body at the gym. Partying every night - i miss it so much.

As soon as i got back to school i got very sick and was diagnosed with glandular fever (or mono for you Americans). I haven't been able to drink or smoke since and my partying is really tame. + i lost all the progress in terms of muscle which sucks.

Its been about 5 months now but the symptoms havent been that bad for about the last 3 months (just swollen tonsils and tiredness).

My questions to you if you have been patient enough to read through this and have had experience with glandular fever in the past is:

1. When is it ok for me to start kissing girls again without giving them glandular fever?

2. How should I go about getting back into sport (both things like football and weight training)?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:55 am 
PUA Forum Leader

I had mumps recently and it kicked the fuck out of my game. As for building muscle back I have just gone for pushups and weights, it is working well but thats only because I lost so much damn weight not eating.

But yar ask your doctor if you are ok to be kissing girls or look up how long you are contagious for, with a lot of diseases once the symptoms show you are no longer contagious but check it out.
Also have you got antibiotics or something for it yet?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:10 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

no its a virus so antibiotics can't treat it
cheers for reply though and yeh i will go see my doctor soon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:32 am 
MPUA Forum Addict

AOL: ant6542
If its been months since youve really been knocked out by the virus I would assume you can kiss girls without much thought... of course it could depend on her body/immune system as well. Ask your doc about it, im sure hell know.

As for getting back into sports, I would start with basics for 2 or 3 weeks. Run a few times per week and try swmming as well. Both of these are very naturally. Mix in some body weight exercises like push/pull ups and eventually just start hitting the weights again like the illness never happened.

and of course, eat more veggies! ;)

-Dream

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:19 am 
MPUA Forum Zealot

hmm its been years since I had that, caught it when I was 18, but I think the contagious phase was only a few weeks. Careful, you can reinfect your friends and they can reinfect you. Its not something you actually build immunity to for some reason.

I got double pneumonia on top of it, dropped from being a skinny 150 lb kid to barely over 100 lbs, I looked like a concentration camp victim. Do NOT smoke or overexert yourself if you have this one, as it destroys your immune system and sets you up for far worse things.

Anyhow it took over a year for me to fully recover, I just started easy, riding my bike and pushing myself gently until I got too tired, never pushing too hard or I would get really dizzy and feel like shit. Kept it up every day and eventually I regained all of my strength and then some.

The good side? I didnt get sick again, not even a tiny cold for a day, for well over eight years. Not bad.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:05 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

I literally just came out a bout of the glandular, fucking most soul-destroying three weeks of my life.
Your case is unfortunate, my recovery has been swift and painless and it hasn't dented my social life much. In fact, I'm already back to kissing my girlfriend like I did before I had glandular and it's been about 2 weeks since I was really sick (to be honest I was kissing her during the time that I had it...naughty I know but she's fine and she knew the danger).
I've also started getting more active again as well. I have always been really active, which is why glandular was so soul-destroying for me; sitting at home, bored out of your skull is not something I enjoy. Obviously I'm taking things slow but I feel great.

Well that's my tale anyways, good luck to anyone who gets it. Drink plenty of liquids, get loads of sleep and take some pain killers during the worst of it and you'll come out just fine quickly. Oh and above all, keep a positive attitude, otherwise you're just pulling yourself down.