PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 1:55 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

Hi guys I'm new here, this place looks cool. I am after some advice and am more thatn happy to give advice back. I am ok at opening i have developed my own techniques to get past all the initial bullshit but lately my problem seems to be arrogance. Let me just state I am NOT arrogant but as I am naturally shy i try and make up for it by seeming confident. However lately I am clearly doing this wrong! haha. The last few girls I have chatted to it has all gone well,conversation wise and I have been using mystery's kino techniques for indicators of interest. So all would appear to be going well but as I go for or get close to kiss closing I have been told I am too arrogant and they are not interested. Thing is I can't really tell how to come across as relaxed and confident without seeming arrogant. Does anyone have any ideas where i might be doing this? I honestly find this a very fine line, any addvice would be much appreciated,

cheers

ps i am going out tonight and will try anyones advice out and post back the results :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 3:23 pm 

Okay, if you are coming across as 'arrogant' then we need to seriously focus at a few areas of your early game.

#1 You might be using too many negs. Typically, you just need 2-3 for most girls. HB7 and lower you might need just 1 or none and use disinterested body language.

#2 Are you playing too hard to get. Push/Pull is great but you have to let her slowly win. You have to give off some IOIs after being disinterested for a few minutes. You might not be showing interest back quick enough, thus, giving off an arrogant vibe.

#3 You might not be building enough comfort and rapport (about 15 min) before going in for the kiss or # close. When you go from Attraction right into Seduction with no comfort you might very well get the 'player' type 'arrogant' vibe going on.

#4 Touching too much, and too quickly. Do you have a nice progression of Kino or are you getting ahead of yourself?

The problem will very likely be in one of these areas of your game. If you have a wing or someone you trust to watch you in field it would be helpful because they could help identify this. You might be able to do it from your own memory.

Good Luck Tonight, and no matter what just HAVE FUN! :D

Jon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 4:51 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

hey man thanks a lot! I can instantly identify that it is #2 that is what i am doing. I guess the shyness takes over and i don't want to pay compliments. I will try and correct this this evening and post back the results! Nice website by the way :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 6:15 pm 

Quote:
hey man thanks a lot! I can instantly identify that it is #2 that is what i am doing. I guess the shyness takes over and i don't want to pay compliments. I will try and correct this this evening and post back the results! Nice website by the way :D
Thanks man!

Let me know how you do tonight. Just remember IOIs can be subtle like touching your hair, etc. Or they could be statements of interest or showing interest in something she's talking about.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 2:37 am 
New to MPUA Forum

Naturally when I am in the field, I tend to be CF and sometimes I feel this gets interpreted as being arrogant. I would like to present myself as smooth and confident. I am thinking of just trying some natural moves mixed with kino and some false time constraints and maybe a little DHV lol (maybe natural isn't the best word).

Pretty much the same question as the original post? Any other advice?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 4:48 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

sometimes I read a HB8-10 a bit wrong and maybe play a bit hard. To soften things up I use questions, if im ever over playing a girl, I ask some fun open ended questions, and use the time during the answer (whilst listening) to think, and adjust my style.

i find the second I ask some honest questions, girls tend to soften again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 8:25 pm 
Member of MPUA Forum

AOL: platnumvip88
Mix in some humor with your arrogance and you should be fine. If you're gonna be arrogant without humor, all you're being is an asshole. I would also take what J Smooth said and you shouldn't have this problem anymore...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:13 am 
New to MPUA Forum

hey guys thanks for the advice, was a weird night with kind of too many friends coming and going and moving to lots of locations!! Very frustrating but managed to get a girl interested right at the end of the night, even fended off a guy who was trying to muscle in. Unfortunately she left with her friends pretty soon after we got talking but i definitely think i got rid of the arrogance this time. Ah well next time! Anyone else find it difficult when out with lots of your own friends? Maybe this should be a new thread topic!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 2:26 am 
New to MPUA Forum

I had the same problem last night--maybe you should post a thread.