PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 8:32 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

So I went out last night, almost against my will, and ended up having one hell of a night.

I got a headache on Friday night which escalated to a full blown migraine by Saturday morning so I spent most of the day in my dark basement with the TV on super low volume in a Ibuprofen induced coma. I got woken up about 7:00 when a girl friend of mine texted me asking if I wanted to go to a local pub to see an old friend of mine do his solo act and play with his old band. I didnt want to, but I kinda like her and thought it would be good to see her once more before I headed back.

So I get there at 8:00 and found that I knew EVERYONE at the bar. I started with a 3 set, which was a girl from my church, one of my first real crushes, and her current boyfriend. I made sure to try to be alpha, tell funny stories, be the center of attention, etc but didnt really throw much game directly since the girl I used to like is taken and the other is not someone I want much to do with.

I moved from there to a 4 set that was two male friends of mine from high school, the girl that texted me, and another random girl. Same thing, just tried (and succeeded) to have fun, and be alpha. This is when the interesting things started. I talked to the guys at first, but I could tell the girls were actively getting interested. I ran what felt like great game on the one I didnt know, she wasn't someone I would normally hit on (she was pretty indie, if you know what I mean) but she seemed into me. She was extra smiley and her eyes told the whole story. While I was talking to her, the girl I actually went to see tapped my arm and completely interrupted us so I had a good conversation with her. I got the same things from her, good body language, smiles, etc but then my friend started to play so we had to stop talking. Sure as shit his set got done at 10 and they kicked all of the under 21 people out, so thats all I talked to her. I was bummed about that, but the night got more interesting.

I went outside to say goodbye to them and managed to run into a whole new mess of people I knew. Next set had like 6 people that I didnt really know, except one. I talked to her and her boyfriend for a few minutes which was nice, she was always a girl I liked but never really had the nuts to talk to much.

Next set had 4 people, one girl that I had a huge crush on in high school, her boyfriend, a guy I ran track and worked with, and another girl on the cross country team. Again, had a good time, was alpha, smiled, laughed, etc. The one that was taken and I had a complex past and she was being friendly with me, but her body language and eyes told that she was completely dovoted to her boyfriend... and good for her. Even if she was single shes the last one I would have went for. The other girl that was there and I never really talked in high school, but we talked a bit that night. I saw that twinkle in her eye a couple of times while she talked to me, but she wasnt taking the bait. I got the feeling she was taken, she always was in high school.

Next set was just 3 people, again all people I knew from high school. A male friend of a male friend was one, another girl I had a MASSIVE thing for in high school (we'll call her Sally, she comes up later in the story), and another girl I ran cross country with but didnt know well... she had a bit of a reputation of being a bit loose if you know what I mean, and held up her rep that night. Anyway, I talked to Sally and eventually had her isolated and we talked a lot. Shes a huge flirt, and she was eating up every bit of game I threw at her. Sally and her set left for another bar, so I took a piss, watched the band's last two songs, said goodbye to everyone I knew (which was literally 40% of the bar), and left for the other bar to catch up with Sally.

To avoid yet another long paragraph, Sally was a lot more drunk when I got to the next bar and though she and I continued our playful banter, she was flirting with everyone else and I ended up not getting lucky. Oh well, it was still an awesome night nonetheless.

So here's some questions I had from the night. As you can see, I opened a LOT of sets, all people I atleast met in highschool, and all people I wanted to talk to and I felt like wanted to be talking to me. So how do you go about doing that? There was even a few more people that I talked to that night that didnt mention, and a good bit more that I wanted to talk to but didnt. See, I could have just sat down with one or two groups and laid the game on thick with them, but I didnt want to alienate all my other friends too. What do you when you know like 30 people in one spot and only have a few hours to hang out with all of them?

I also made some more observations on the night. First off, going out and "throwing game" is a lot of fun! Its awesome to be interested in a girl and have those feelings reciprocated even if I didnt get lucky or whatever, but it goes a lot deeper than that. Its just fun to be fun, do you guys know what I mean? Sure I might still be a 21 year old virgin, but I had a BLAST last night. Another great byproduct of having fun and being fun is that I dont buy too many of my own drinks anymore. :D I bought one beer last night, but Sally bought me an Irish Car Bomb, I dont even remember who else bought me the Guinness, and a different person at the next bar offered to buy me another drink but I declined because I had to drive.

Anyway, theres my book for today, any thoughts? Thanks for reading. :)