Post subject: noodle legs....
PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 2:38 pm 
Member of MPUA Forum

Hello all... can anyone give me some advice..

I am 5 ft 11 and weigh around 154 lbs...Im thinning out on top and heads now shaved...So I would like to bulk up a bit..

I eat fairly well compared to the people around me but I never seem to gain any weight... Everyone is the same in my family I think its something to do with a high metabolism?

I am fairly happy with my upper body broad shoulders athletic looking.

Here is something I would like to change...

From my waste down... 30 inch jeans are way too tight at my waste and 32 inch is just slightly loose.. from there down is what i call noodle!! I would love to bulk out a bit around my waste and legs.

A few years back i joined a gym and spent 3 nights a week on free weights..for about 8 months.. I noticed everywhere was tightening up but I wasnt gaining any mass/weight...Due to work I had to stop going to the gym and I dont think I can find the time anymore...

Can someone point me in right direction...Maybe something I can eat more of? I was thinking of cracking some eggs into a glass and drinking it.
Is this safe to do 2/3 times a week??

Its now time for a new look. Many thanks...
Hope yous can help. RC.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 3:15 pm 
Homewrecker

When you say you eat "fairly well," what do you mean? If you want to gain muscle, it's important to take in at least 1 gram of protein for every pound you weight, per day. So for you that means getting around 155 grams a day. If you're not doing that, all the working out in the world won't get you the results you want and may actually hurt you.

Instead of eating 3-4 times a day, spread your meals out to 6-7 times, and take in lots of quality carbohydrates (meaning ones with a low glycemic index/high in fiber) such as SPAM, whole grains, fruits, vegetables, berries, beans, nuts, etc. If you're doing a hard workout, you should be taking in around 3,000 calories on workout days. I went into a more detailed analysis of this in Gay's post, found here: never-worked-out-before-here-is-my-home ... 34568.html
Quote:
Can someone point me in right direction...Maybe something I can eat more of? I was thinking of cracking some eggs into a glass and drinking it.
Is this safe to do 2/3 times a week??
I have been eating 6-7 raw eggs every morning for about 2 years now and it has yet to affect me adversely. In healthy people, salmonella manifests itself simply as diarrhea which can be cured by eating a couple cups of yogurt.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 12:49 pm 
Member of MPUA Forum

Thanks for the reply! Happy holidays!

Ok I eat around 4 times a day..I skip breakfast which is probably bad?

1000 Tea break.. Ham/cheese roll.. 2 yogurts.. some crisps etc and some fruit. 2 cups of tea with sugar and milk.

1300 Lunch.. Ham/cheese roll.. 2 yogurts again..bag of pop corn... few biscuits and a apple. 2 cups of tea with sugar and milk.

1800 Dinner..This varies between a lot of stuff..pasta..chicken..fish..red meats..potatoes..carrots..peas.

2000 Late snack.. Normally a toasted sandwich or a bowel of cereal. A glass of milk.

I dont drink much during the day as I dont feel thirsty and I would prefer a big glass of milk instead of water and I also dont eat much veg.

That pretty much sums up my eating habbits.

I was looking at my weight to height ratio...

Im 5 11 and approx 154 lbs...

I should be at 165 lbs so Im not too far off the mark.

I feel fit and with my work and hobbies.. my life style seems healthy as I dont spend much time just sitting around.

I just feel a bit too slim and would like a more healthy all round look.

What would you suggest adding to my diet??

Cracking some eggs into a glass in the morn would suit me perfect..
is this a good start??

Thanks! RC.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 4:48 pm 
Homewrecker

Quote:
1000 Tea break.. Ham/cheese roll.. 2 yogurts.. some crisps etc and some fruit. 2 cups of tea with sugar and milk.

1300 Lunch.. Ham/cheese roll.. 2 yogurts again..bag of pop corn... few biscuits and a apple. 2 cups of tea with sugar and milk.

1800 Dinner..This varies between a lot of stuff..pasta..chicken..fish..red meats..potatoes..carrots..peas.

2000 Late snack.. Normally a toasted sandwich or a bowel of cereal. A glass of milk.

I dont drink much during the day as I dont feel thirsty and I would prefer a big glass of milk instead of water and I also dont eat much veg.

That pretty much sums up my eating habbits.
Wow, a lot of work to do here, so let's dive right into it. I am not sure what you mean by "ham/cheese roll" but if it's what I'm thinking of, it's probably loaded with trans fats (otherwise known as margarine or partially hydrogenated oil), one of the worst foods a person can possibly eat. It's in nearly every prepared food product for sale--including the biscuits and even the pop corn you mention later in your post-- so start reading your labels and eliminate it from your diet. There is probably no food that can do more damage to your overall health, so yes, it really is that important :)

I am also seeing a lot of sugar, which isn't that big of a deal since you're trying to gain mass, but you definitely need to show some restraint with it (sugar is also really dangerous in terms of overall health). Cut back your servings and start using raw, unprocessed sugar available at any healthfood store.

Most importantly for your goal, however, you have to add more protein, simple as that. Check out the meal plan I designed for Gay in that post I linked above for an idea of where to start, but keep in mind you're going to need a little more protein than him because you weigh more to begin with.

And yes, breakfast is absolutely essential. Six raw eggs and a banana do me just fine every morning :D

Good luck, and if you need anything else don't hesitate to ask.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 5:45 pm 
Member of MPUA Forum

Thanks! Ok this roll....its just sliced ham and sliced cheese on a hole grain bread roll...same as a sandwich..no butter! You got me worried here cos I been eating them every day for 2 years now! It cant be that bad??

Ok im gona check that post out..