Forum rules

Relationship Subforum Rules

1. Posts about how to get a girlfriend will result in a ban.

2. Posts about your ex-girlfriend will result in a ban.

3. Any other posts not related to your current girlfriend will result in a ban.

Post subject: Break up !
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:35 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

Hi ! i've got a girlfriend but i got a little problem . i want to brake up wit her, put i dont know how i should do it so she won't hate me and her friends won't hate me ( we go to the same school ). since i will see her everyday .

how should i do ? please help

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:48 pm 
Moderator Emeritus

Well how long have you two been together? If she is emotionally invested in you, it will hurt a little - you can't avoid that. But maybe she is in the same mindset as you, but just don't know how to break up?

Be honest. Be gentle. Do it in person.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:27 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

Well i fucked up i didnt do it in person . iuts not much i can do now im only 14 i learn from my mistakes now i wont do that again.

you twat phillip

thanks for reply

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:01 pm 
MPUA Forum Zealot

AOL: Sexcellent
Quote:
Well i fucked up i didnt do it in person . iuts not much i can do now im only 14 i learn from my mistakes now i wont do that again.

you twat phillip

thanks for reply
i think communication is key for starting, maintaining, and even ending relationships. if there is confusion and miscommunication in the breakup then it might make certain feelings drag on for months more than they should.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 10:09 pm 
MPUA Forum Addict

1. Take her outside. If you do it at your place, she don't have to leave. Trust me, that sucks.

2. You can give her hints by sending her anti-romantic songs via MSN etc. Changing display names... settign "its complicated" on facebook.

3. While walking, say "<NAME HERE> I really don't know how to say this.. but here it goes <REASON WHY NOT BE TOGEATHER>! I want us both to <FUTURE RELATIONSHIP>, is that okay with you?

= Alice, i really dont know how to say this.. but okay, I really love you, but I've realized I only love you as a friend... I want us to be friends, because I really like you as one, do you understand?

As long as she's not very sharp, she won't understand that "I only love you as a friend" is her own fault, meaning that she won't feel too bad. Compare it against saying "Look, I just don't feel awesome with you anymore, because you wern't so cute as I thought you to be in th beginin".

Saying "I want us to be friends" is in my opinion BETTER than simply cutting ALL TIES to her. Just make sure you dont give her false hope: "i jsut want to take a break", since that will only make more damage.