Post subject: Magic trick Opening
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 3:37 am 
New to MPUA Forum

i have a couple of magic tricks but how am i supposed to open with them??
do i just go up and just show em?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 4:13 am 
New to MPUA Forum

AOL: jherold87
Well according to Style's book, "The Game", you're supposed to open with an opinion opener. Then kind of work you're way into the magic tricks. So like after you're done with the opinion thing, say "hey guys, do you mind if I show you this trick?" Of course they'll say yes because who doesn't want to see a trick of some sort?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:32 am 
New to MPUA Forum

sweet ill try that but how does he make a bottle float he doesnt say it in th boook if it did i dont remember..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 4:28 pm 
MPUA Forum Addict

A magic trick's not an opener, it's a DHV (demonstration of higher value).

Once you've opened the set and you want to keep their attention, or impress them with your awesomeness, THAT is when you do magic.

I've found that "Hey, do you guys believe in spells?" always gets at least one person saying "No".. and then "well, I'm going to change your mind on this" (Don't say, "Mind if I change your mind?" or "I'm going to TRY and change your mind".. tell them you WILL do it).

There are tons of sites on the net (use google, or even search youtube) on how to do object levitation. One of the actual magicians can explain it better than me (there are a few here), but basically it's to do with invisible thread, which is extremely invisible and extremely strong.

- Dex

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:47 pm 
Member of MPUA Forum

Website: http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=Divinity79
Never ever! Ask a closed question like "Wanna see a trick?" or "Can i show you a magic trick?" Cause your gonna get NO! trust me.

Opening a set PUA or at a magic gig is fairly similar. Even if people know your employed by the club or company to do magic. They sometimes dont wanna know. So i find its best to lead in with something as an opener first. Even wait till they ask what you do for a living or your in A2 before you break out the tricks.

Another good way of getting people to open you, is to show tricks to folk you already know but make sure that they are near the set or target you wanna open. If your floating a beer bottle or doing the "Hummer card" routine then peoples jaws are gonna drop which also shows DHV.

Just a wee tit bit from your friendly magician.

Divinity.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 11:19 pm 
MPUA Forum Zealot

I encourage finding your own material really. That way it's more personalized for you.

But if you like learning some magic tricks, sure go for it.

Good luck.