Post subject: New opener help
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 1:05 am 
New to MPUA Forum

Ok
The other day I started wrapping with this guy and his girlfriend.
His girlfriend got up to head to the bathroom . and he opened these two 21tr olds. right next to us out of no were.
The Line was. " do you girls known almost all guys are dush bags".
With that they agreed thinkin they were so great AND EXPIRIENCED AT 21. He then said. so you know that all ready at such a young age.
they were agreeing with him and laughing. I chimed in with what I thought was a neg. "what is it about you two that you keep attracting guys like this" terrible mistake. every one turned against me even him. In his wisdom I guess. Anyway, Anyway. I later asked him how he transitions after the opener. and he said it was not an opener he was just asking the question. I don't know if this is true or not , but I started to think about the opener, and thought it could be pretty good. He got such a great response from this right off the bat.
Remember he never said. all men., I thought this leaves him out of that equation. and it brings on instant rapore.
And I don't think I would have trouble using this
The question for this think tank is.
HOW TO TRANSITION into something positive for the pick up.
Let me know, please all discuss this. and certainly send me field reports on it's response and how it was used after.
thanks
New to this board and art. so any help will be appreciated

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:49 pm 
Dedicated Member

I don't think there's an opener there. It sets you up to be a douche-bag, whether you include yourself in the question or not. It starts the interaction off on a bad note, and while you could transition from it, the first impression is a strange one. I can't really see a way to move from this to a sexy place congruently.

I'd use Style's Albino Gary Coleman opener instead. Same general principle, you're prequalifying them, but it's less indicative of your own traits.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:06 am 
New to MPUA Forum

HM haven't heard the Styles thing yet..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:03 am 
PUA Forum Leader

AOL: DilutedAutonomy
That open sounds like girltalk to me...

"OMG all guys are douche-bags! Whatever let's dance!"

Girls talk to other girls about that stuff, you talking about it is setting yourself up to be the cute friend they think is gay. Don't even bring up other men in your conversation, its pointless. You should be confident enough to not be bothered with other mens' issues and habits, without having to cut them down in an opener. Not to mention, you could be triggering a recent ex-boyfriend memory in some girls subconscious. Stay away from the subject of even comparing yourself to other men. Things like opinion openers and such are more suitable, because its a more interesting approach and a perfect model for a fairly neutral question...

Could it work? Sure.
Are there a bunch of easier, more effective openers? Hell yes.
My suggestion? If you like the topic, try to restructure it into an opinion opener of some sort...possibly.