Forum rules

Relationship Subforum Rules

1. Posts about how to get a girlfriend will result in a ban.

2. Posts about your ex-girlfriend will result in a ban.

3. Any other posts not related to your current girlfriend will result in a ban.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 6:25 am 
Moderator Emeritus

maybe you'll learn something. maybe you'll just enjoy reading about it.

Romance!:

Take your cliches, roll them up in a nice little edible ball and feed them to me so I can baby-bird them back into your mouth.

As nice as they are, things like long walks on the beach, wine in a park, strolls at sunset, and kissing at sunrise are not very romantic. But why? Well to go along with a recent blog I read, modern society. Only this time it has changed from social programming to something on the complete opposite end of the scale: desensitization.

As much as everyone loves to watch a sweet movie and as many careful tears (literal or figurative) as that movie may bring foreground, when confronted with similar circumstances they find it cheesy and...again, nice, but not romantic. It's unoriginal - stolen from the movies! They have already experienced those emotions through the viewing of said movie and have already appreciated that specific moment. Most reoccurring moments lose their weight. These situations are no longer special. "Been there, done that"

True Romance then? Well, it will be different for everyone. Emotions are a hard thing to come by outside the "emo" community these days. And emotions have always been something that men (for some unknown reason to me) have a tendency to stray from. But thats where people get it wrong. They are in search for something specific.

Romance is not a single emotion, situation, or happening. It doesn't have to be sweet, nor eventful, or take place in a dim setting. Romance doesn't have to be about flickering candles, gorgeous scenery, smart words, and the expression of serious (and seriously deep) emotion.

True romance is sitting with someone you care about with your arms wrapped around them while listening to a mellow live band. Looking into their eye (eyes, if you're not "with" a pirate) at unexpected moments. Grinning when the other person smiles. Surprises. An unspoken understanding. Quirks. Being able to joke about things others would slap you for.

Romance is creating shared moments; doing things that normally don't take place, and partaking in ANY and ALL emotions...not just the "awwwww" inspiring ones.

If you took a moment from a movie that was deemed romantic, don't expect the same feelings to pass if and when that takes place in your reality. Candle lights and cork popping is awesome - it has a time and a place. But for me it no longer fits the worn out jacket called Romance.

Romance still exists...it just now takes a different form. Romance are the events that keep a good relationship strong; events that prevent it from being taken for granted.

Understand true romance. It is what will take your relationship to great heights.....it IS the great heights.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:20 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

good write up