PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:07 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Just a quick question..I might be thinking too much into this, but am a bit confused and not sure if I should be a little alarmed.

I met this girl about 3 months ago (we are both 30), and have been seeing eachother regularly since then. Recently met her family and know all of her friends. Since day one she’s told me she wants to “take it slow” and let things progress naturally.

Anyways a week ago I asked her where this is going and she told me “I want to be exclusive with you” but when I asked if she considers us in a relationship she said “I don’t want to call you my boyfriend, it scares me, and I don’t want to label it like that until at least the 6 month mark.” She went on to tell me she doesn’t want to date anyone else though and isn’t talking to anyone else.

Weird thing is, she told me a few days ago that her ex is going to be in town, and I think she was about to say she was going to hang with him. I didn’t get defensive or tell her no, but when she saw I was uneasy about it she told me she wouldn’t see him unless I was there?? Then went on to say he didn’t even ask her to get together?

Anyways, I’m at the point in my life I want to be in 100% or out 100%...I’m a little confused about this whole exclusivity label-never had anyone label it that before.

Should I just take it slow and see where it goes, or give it time and bring it up again? We have a great relationship overall, but I don’t want to be played a fool if she’s just seeing me until something better comes along. Am I thinking into this too much or do I have a point? We are together like 4 times a week, and we are at the 3 month mark going on four.

Constantly telling me she’s scared to fall in love with me

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:38 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Just chill brother.

Let her do the worrying, let her do the attaching.

You gotta pull back and let her come to you.

Why do you want 100% in or 100% out? Chicks (especially hot and social) dont want a dude that wants to throw a ring on their finger the day they meet, its feminine to attach and need. They like to feel that you can take it slow and be their emotional rock.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:58 am 
PUA Forum Leader

Quote:
J
Anyways, I’m at the point in my life I want to be in 100% or out 100%

That's not how relationships happen. they happen organically, over time. your gf is showing more emotional maturity when it comes to courtship/relationships.

Quote:
...I’m a little confused about this whole exclusivity label-never had anyone label it that before.
It just means "we're not fucking other people".

Quote:
We are together like 4 times a week, and we are at the 3 month mark going on four.
That's nothing.

Quote:
Constantly telling me she’s scared to fall in love with me
that's good.

Just keep doing what you're doing.