Forum rules

Relationship Subforum Rules

1. Posts about how to get a girlfriend will result in a ban.

2. Posts about your ex-girlfriend will result in a ban.

3. Any other posts not related to your current girlfriend will result in a ban.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:37 pm 
Dedicated Member

Quote:
Hi!

So I recently got into a new relationship. The girl is great, she's smart funny and gorgeous. We went on a few dates already and have been messaging frequently.

For her studies she studied a medical related degree about 3 years ago...for whatever reason she's not working in the field as a researcher which is what she wanted (likely could not find a job).

Anyway she's told me she's working as a manager on crazy night shifts but hesitant to say what company it is, she says she took the job to get experience in 'management', however stating she wants to get back into cancer research.

The issue is that I found out she happens to be a manager at McDonalds for the past 3 years :P This is a farcry from the medical degree she did. She doesn't have the professional work experience in her field of study.

I've known her for a month, I want to know whether I'am stepping out of my boundaries here by suggesting uni courses she could do (medical information systems?) to get into her field in corporate and out of 'Mcdonalds' or is it too early in the relationship for that?

I guess the thing is because it's early into the relationship, should I even care/bother?

Just to add in my family they won't ever accept a McDonalds manager :P They've made that clear. Imho I also think if you've studied a degree you got to work in a professional field.

Thanks for the advice!
1. Sounds like you barely know this girl
2. You're family aren't dating her - you are. Why should you give a fuck about what your family wants, once YOU want her
3. I think you have several other things to contemplate other than her career choices. If you're already thinking about a lifetime with her (and whether your family will "accept" her) then you're probably putting the cart before the horse.
4. Have you had sex?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:02 am 
Ask a mod for a custom title

Quote:
Hi!

So I recently got into a new relationship. The girl is great, she's smart funny and gorgeous. We went on a few dates already and have been messaging frequently.

For her studies she studied a medical related degree about 3 years ago...for whatever reason she's not working in the field as a researcher which is what she wanted (likely could not find a job).

Anyway she's told me she's working as a manager on crazy night shifts but hesitant to say what company it is, she says she took the job to get experience in 'management', however stating she wants to get back into cancer research.

The issue is that I found out she happens to be a manager at McDonalds for the past 3 years :P This is a farcry from the medical degree she did. She doesn't have the professional work experience in her field of study.

I've known her for a month, I want to know whether I'am stepping out of my boundaries here by suggesting uni courses she could do (medical information systems?) to get into her field in corporate and out of 'Mcdonalds' or is it too early in the relationship for that?

I guess the thing is because it's early into the relationship, should I even care/bother?

Just to add in my family they won't ever accept a McDonalds manager :P They've made that clear. Imho I also think if you've studied a degree you got to work in a professional field.

Thanks for the advice!
As others have said accept her for who she is, if you cannot find someone else.

You have no right to SHOULD on anyone. Respect a person's autonomy, if you can't you have some growing up to do before you get into an adult relationship.