Post subject: Some random tips
PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 6:26 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

So I've been online dating for about 3 years now on and off and I do better than I not of guys I know (About 2-3 days with new girls per week) so I thought I'd pass on a couple things I know which I wish someone told me. Definately not trying to boast I just find that I usually ask the community a lot of questions and don't give much back.

For profile pictures the best ones I've had are the ones where I'm doing something fun or interesting. Like going ATVing, skydiving, etc. They key to this is actually making time for yourself so you can go out and do really cool things with your friends. I used to spend 90% of my free time online dating and I seemed boring as hell. I avoid pictures that could be interpreted as being boastful like the plague. Eg myself playing the piano, me showing off cooking skills, etc.

For openers I put in the bare minimum effort. I try to send a message which shows I read a girls profile or saw some small detail in one of her pictures (Picture comments work better for Tinder). If I can't do that I send out a stock message. If you get good enough at turning conversations into dates then how many conversations you can start isn't as important (if you're getting 20% response rate or higher I'd say that's probably enough to get weekly dates. If you send 50 messages that's 10 chances). I find that if you put in a little effort and a girl is interested enough then she will talk to you. I don't waste energy crafting the "perfect" opener. Same as cold approach.

Timing is important. On OkCupid I get a date about every 40-50 messages I send. 3 years ago it was like 1 for every 500. Timing made a huge difference. For reference I'm losing more of my hair now so getting more physically attractive wasn't the change. I operate in cycles now. I send messages to new girls Sat/Sun. Then through the week I only follow up on existing conversations. Then I ask them out after a few days of talking. This also frees up more of my time for dates because I'm not sending 100 messages through the week.

Similar to the above in terms of timing: don't be afraid to wait to respond if the girl sends you a lazy response. I'd say no more than a couple days. I've had a lot of girls send me additional messages after I didn't get back to them right away. At least wait a couple minutes after a 1 word message just in case. In general this technique is more if you're mid conversation and the girl did seem interested at one point. It also gives you a chance to just change the subject if she doesn't get back to you if it's been a 2 days. I also do this for text messages but I only freeze them out for a day at the most. Usually just an hour. If she likes me then it puts pressure on her to do some of the work. Even if she doesn't get back to you I find this can help reduce how often she gives you yes/no responses (unless you haven't built any attraction in which case this will just kill the conversation).

Reward her for SOIs or for saying interesting things by being enthusiastic. This was a big sticking point for me. I'd have girls start to put in effort and I wouldn't acknowledge it. If you want a girl to be interesting then reward her for doing it.

Playfully tease when possible. Lots of guides on this so I wont talk about it but it helps a ton.

Find a way to hit on the girl before asking her out. Not right away but at some point. Ideally something about her physically (I usually just say something pretty tame about her smile, hair, etc. The whole point is just to keep things non-platonic before you meet so you set expectations). My dates got so much better once I started doing this. It also helped keep conversations going longer.

I guess the only other thing is to also do cold approach. If you can't build attraction in person then getting dates from girls you meet online isn't the best way to improve. Lots of in person interactions will help more than a couple dates a week. I made this mistake early on and wasted a lot of time.