PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 8:36 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

Her 38 (about 4 yrs younger than me), HB 8. She has 2 kids. Very cool fun girl.

So went to a bar. Had drinks. Typical first date stuff. I had her laughing a lot and we had a good time. I had to work today and we were out for about 4 hours having drinks. So after a while, we called it a night. All positive as far as I could tell.

Walked her to her car. She initiated make out. OK kiss. Not awesome, but not bad.

Texted her earlier this afternoon. "Had a good time. We should def do it again soon."

No response at all. Before this first date, texts were all answered within a couple minutes. Ugh.

This kind of stuff has happened b4.

I don't think I screwed it up yet. I don't think my text was needy. What next? I want to go out with her again.

(won't let myself get oneitis though)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 8:43 pm 
The Grand Puba

Too vague. We can't help identify what you may or may not have done wrong unless you give details about your date.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 8:49 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

Quote:
Too vague. We can't help identify what you may or may not have done wrong unless you give details about your date.
Went to bar. Sat at the bar. I drank beer. She drank wine. Talked about lot of different stuff. Nothing to deep being a first onlime date. We just discussed topics like weird online dates, friends' relationships/breakups, funny things that people do at bars. Really just a lot of light fun topics. Lots of joking around.I had her laughing a lot. Spoke with some people sitting near us at the bar. Never really escalated or flirted all that much, but I figure since she initiated make out later, no big deal.

Not sure what other info you may need. Let me know.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:00 pm 
The Grand Puba

Quote:
Never really escalated or flirted all that much
This is your problem. Even when you wrote your initial post, this seemed like the issue but I was hoping I was wrong. You took her out and acted like a guy that wants to be her friend.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:01 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

Quote:
Quote:
Never really escalated or flirted all that much
This is your problem. Even when you wrote your initial post, this seemed like the issue but I was hoping I was wrong. You took her out and acted like a guy that wants to be her friend.
So, is this salvageable? Should I try to arrange a 2nd date with specific wording, like "Hey let's get together again Tuesday?" rather than my first text which was not specific

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:12 pm 
The Grand Puba

You should call her and say it.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:15 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

Quote:
You should call her and say it.
Good point!