Post subject: How to influence people?
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:01 pm 
MPUA Forum Addict

I hate manipulation. I don't do it conciously...actually i don't think i do it.
I try to influence people but I cant think of a reason why they would wanna do it.
I find it kinda tricky.

How do you guys do it?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:53 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Most PUA techniques are modified from the book "Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion" and the book goes in depth on how to influence others, and not be influenced by the same tool. Topics include social proof so it has direct impact on your game. It will improve your yes ladders, as well as your compliance with others. It helped me see the "Matrix" of social interactions along with a couple other books and infield experience. I had a couple "Ah ha" moments when I first picked it up, and I can assure you it will have a positive effect on you.

Frame Stacking for Attraction

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:29 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

Quote:
I hate manipulation.
This is a bit of a blanket comment. We manipulate people all the time. The question is; are your intentions good or not? Take a parent pretending that spoon full of food is a aeroplane so a child will eat it. They are in theory manipulating the child into eating the food, but their intentions are in the child best interest.

The world of dating is a bit like this, women want to be seduced, women enjoy sex. Convention dictates that they can not be open about this, plus need to test men to see their worth. Do you believe you are screwing these women over? That you are some kind of creepy manipulator against their best interest? If so you probably have some self worth issue to work through.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:11 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Quote:
Quote:
I hate manipulation.
This is a bit of a blanket comment. We manipulate people all the time. The question is; are your intentions good or not? Take a parent pretending that spoon full of food is a aeroplane so a child will eat it. They are in theory manipulating the child into eating the food, but their intentions are in the child best interest.

The world of dating is a bit like this, women want to be seduced, women enjoy sex. Convention dictates that they can not be open about this, plus need to test men to see their worth. Do you believe you are screwing these women over? That you are some kind of creepy manipulator against their best interest? If so you probably have some self worth issue to work through.
Building upon this by saying that the question is who is influencing who? We understand push-pull. Naturals do it. Women do it. They push you away, play hard to get. They play their game on you. When guys 'game' the girl needs to be receptive, which in some way is her still allowing you to.

Frame Stacking for Attraction

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:22 pm 
Dedicated Member

we get manipulated all the time... we're given money to do our job isnt it a form of manipulation through bribery,
in dating men and women manipulate each other,

women get taken out for free things with the lore of possibility of sex,

and men only show a highlight reel of their personality thinking it will get them laid....(youll only show them a side youll think theyll like)
if you showed them you like something nerdy like star wars, star trek, etc shes going to put you in the nerd category and she aint gonna sleep with you. unless of course shes a nerd as well in which case you probably wont sleep with them because nerdy girls arent hot..