PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:24 pm 
MPUA Forum Zealot

I’ve begun talking about this ‘edge’ a few times before and never quite pointed to what it is, so I decided to dedicate an entire article to it.

Full disclosure; this is actually an incredibly difficult topic to illustrate because it’s a feeling. It’s something you know you have, and you can usually feel it off someone else. As your humble servant however, I will try my best to express it as clearly as possible.

Without further ado, let’s get on with it…

The Surprising truth

This is one of the surprising reasons most men never actually get ‘good’ with women (God I hate that term). In other words, 95% of men who set out to get their dating lives handled never actually do – instead they settle for good enough, for mediocre, for limited options out of limited choices ensuring limited joy and happiness for themselves and the people in their lives.

Think I’m being dramatic? The amount of pleasure you feel in your body when in love with someone is the equivalent of being high on cocaine. Now imagine spending your entire life never feeling that.

So why is this happening?

I think that plenty of men are reasonably adept at being witty, somewhat charming and have two or three interesting stories to keep a woman interesting for a night or two.

But sooner or later the cracks begin to show.

Yes gentlemen, this is the reality; women are incredibly intuitive and when you stand up straight, force yourself to smile, learn a couple witty opening pick up lines but are truthfully horribly empty and broken deep down inside, the only person you are fooling is yourself.

Men nowadays are too top-heavy

That’s the bottom line. Men nowadays are just too top-heavy. Plenty are fun to be around, they sure are funny, they can be interesting, even charming and witty, but women just aren’t able to feel their edge. They can’t feel that raw masculine truth literally oozing out of their pores.

See, an edge isn’t faked – it can’t be! It’s something you carry with you at all times. If you sit back in a crowded area and just observe the men, every so often, you can spot a man or two who seem to walk just a little differently. When they speak to a woman, the look in their eyes is just a little… intense. Look a little closer and you will notice how deeply relaxed these men are, how they seem to be oblivious to the crowd around them. You will also notice a sly smile on their face, as if they are asking the world to challenge them, begging the woman they are speaking to to resist them – it would be too easy if not!

Unleash Your Masculine Edge

Right, this is difficult to communicate… Holy crap!

First and foremost, you need to shrug it the f*** off. I mean drop your need for approval, stop looking to others to dictate your values, stop worrying about what everyone’s opinions of you are, stop trying to make everyone comfortable around you, stop begging to be liked and for the love of GOD stop being afraid of your desires. Ouf. I’m exhausted. But it’s the truth. You can’t come to know your masculinity if there is so much noise up there, which leads me to my next point…

Second, get the f*** out of your head! That’s a huge one for most people. Re-read the above list of things you must quit. Notice anything? Yep, it’s all taking place inside your head. Wanna escape that? Start to feel. Place your attention and focus on your body (Meditation and Yoga Nidra specifically are great tools for this). You can’t be aware of your breathing AND self-conscious. You can’t feel relaxed AND needing approval. It just doesn’t work.

Third, go crazy. Seriously. Don’t you realize that you’ve spent your entire life talking about tomorrow? This fictional place where you are this awesome super cool guy who does crazy awesome stuff, slays the dragon and get the girl… There is no tomorrow. Today is all you have, so what are you waiting for? Go on adventures, learn a new language, travel far and wide, experience as much as possible, face your fears, skirt death and laugh yourself silly about it. Oh also, don’t tell anyone about any of it. Cultivate some mystery damn it!

Finally, and this may be the most important piece, live for something. All those hours you spend reading up on the best tactic and newest pickup line should be poured into something worthwhile. Have a dream so large that it literally consumes you, makes you jump out of bed this morning and will challenge you in ways you never expected. Fail. Fail spectacularly, routinely and gracefully. Then get up, brush the dust off and start all over again. This dream needs to be bigger than yourself, bigger than the whole world, bigger than life itself.

I want you feel yourself. Feel your invincibility. Feel that inner lion’s roar in your heart – it’s there, I promise, but you’ve drowned it because you’re always uptop, always in your own head. Feel outward.

Bottom line is this, and read it very carefully: Imagine you were in a high-end nightclub. In the corner, leaning against the bar is a woman so stunningly beautiful she literally took your breath away and makes you weak in the knees. You walk up and suddenly – you slip! All the big, rich, intimidating, male-model looking guys around her begin to laugh at you. You finally get to her, and before you even open your mouth, she pours her drink on your head and laughs at you.

My question to you is: Can you still look her deep in the eyes, express your desire for her like a man, and still feel overwhelming love, curiosity and appreciation for the person standing in front of you?

Really let this sink in – I’ll go deeper into it next week, but if you think this parable is about picking up girls, you’re at the wrong place. That woman is your life gentlemen, and it will test you in ways you will never expect. Can you still love it? Completely free of expectations, completely open, free and vulnerable? Think about it.

If the answer is yes, then you are ready.

Your fan,

Pat Ananda

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:52 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

I love this

made me feel pumped and ready to go

and it's great for improving inner game and thoughts

thanks alot!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 7:44 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Great post. A lot of posts on here are literally just guys asking for approval from other men about choices they aren't confident enough to make.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 7:58 pm 
English Muffin

Quote:
Great post. A lot of posts on here are literally just guys asking for approval from other men about choices they aren't confident enough to make.
Quoted for truth

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 3:50 pm 
PUA Forum Leader

95%, I would say 99% is more like it! Get out of your own head, and you will get out of your own way...

Great post brother!

Peace.

You need to stop bending over and letting her ass fuck your brain! - Heywood

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:35 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

Yes. The most important thing is getting out of your own head. Great post.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 3:58 am 
New to MPUA Forum

Otimo! Apesar de não consegui traduzir 100%, seu topico deu uma enorme motivada! Abraços do Brasil!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:28 am 
Member of MPUA Forum

Quote:
Quote:
Quoted for truth
Couldn't have said it better. Part of being a man is calling your own shots, and making your own decisions. Nothing hinders your masculinity more than handing over the keys to others to think for you, make your decisions, or give your sense of importance of approval to others.

Stop thinking about what you want to do, or how you should feel and go out there and do it/feel it for yourself.

Hard to help people that do not help themselves.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:45 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

Great motivation man, thanks a lot!