PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:45 am 
MPUA Forum Addict

Here is a story I read from Leil Lowndes, which I've tested and found its principles to be true:

Yale psychology researchers once did a study to test the common belief of "more eye contact, more positive feelings." They tested this through the medium of public speaking. All the public speakers were professionals, they all used the same speeches, and were all told to maintain constant eye contact with the audience. They did several tests using different gender variations both in the audiences and with the speakers. Afterward, the audiences would complete surveys and interviews regarding their feelings toward the speaker. The results were this....

Female speaker to female audience = the female audiences felt increased rapport and connection with the speaker when they held eye contact.

Male speaker to female audience (and vice versa) = the audiences felt increased rapport and connection with the speaker when they held eye contact.

Male speaker to male audience = The male audiences would actually became uncomfortable and sometimes hostile towards the male speaker who held constant eye contact with them.

I personally never felt comfortable maintaining constant eye contact with other males. I will hold it for a few seconds, but I will periodically break it away and come back. This study showed us that kind of "on and off" eye contact between males is actually the natural way to do it.

The study has another implication as well. What this basically all means is that as a guy, it is completely OK to maintain constant eye contact with a woman. It won't create discomfort. In fact, if you watch women as they interact with each other, you will see that they will most often maintain constant eye contact. Its kind of freaky once you start noticing it!

Here is a principle to improve your eye contact; its called "Sticky Eyes". When speaking to a woman, pretend like your eyes are stuck to hers. Now noobs, don't interpret this as you need to stare them down or be creepy! All it means is that you should hold relaxed eye contact and be comfortable to go where she goes. You can even try counting the number of times they blink, or making sure to remember their eye color. When speaking to another male, you should use "Semi-Sticky Eyes". This means not to be afraid to have eye contact, but you shouldn't stare them down or anything (unless you don't like them), because it really does create discomfort after a while.

Male to Female = Sticky Eyes
Female to Female = Sticky Eyes
Male to Male = Semi-Sticky Eyes

Anyways, I hope this is all helpful. Good luck!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 4:34 pm 
Member of MPUA Forum

gd post :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:26 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

i think i controll the enviroment, such ass if i feel relax the set gonna feel relax!

The moust important is how you feel in the moment, always lean back and feel relax. Control your energy and avoid BT spike.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:34 pm 
Member of MPUA Forum

Eye contact is great, just dont give the creeper stare lol. You need to not just look at her, but look into her. When your makin eye contact, make her feel special with your eyes, but remember to look away every now and then so that she craves your eye contact, and it gives you the illusion of leaving at any moment.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:34 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

if she looks at you, look at her. But do it with a little smile (like I know a dirty secret about you smile). If she looks away though, you HAVE to look away.. else you will be the creepy staring guy.

Really I see no point in not looking into another one's eyes if you are currently talking to her or she's talking to you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:16 am 
Member of MPUA Forum

i try to relate things to animals since we too are animals in nature, when you have two Alphas (male to male, female to male, female to female) whatever constant eye contact means bad or like you are trying to intimidate them, when you have an alpha and non alpha eye contact means follow me. take gorillaz. if you lookthem in the eye for too long of any animal they will attack or kill you, but look them in the eye convey some frienldy body language and just be natural but confident and you will be fine....i hope this sint tooo hard to understand and hopefully someone gets it lol.