PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:42 pm 
Member of MPUA Forum

I was at the bar last night grabbing some food and a couple of drinks. I saw this waitress that I have seen there once before. The first time I saw her, she was giving me huge IOIs (I sit at the bar, I wasn't at her section). she was holding eye contact, smiling, touching hair, etc.

Last night, she was pretty busy, so she was running around. Later in the night, it slowed down, and she made eye contact with me a few times and smiled. As I was walking out of the bathroom, I saw her standing by the waitress station, so I approached.

I went up and said "hello" and she returned that. Then I said "I've seen you here a few times and haven't met you yet". (This is my neighborhood pub, I'm pretty regular here, like twice a week) She stick out her hand and says "I'm HB" I shake her hand and say "nice to meet you. You know, you're cute, and I would like to find out if you're interesting too, can I call you sometime?". (Total AFC going for the number, I know. I was 9 beers in too and pretty drunk, and it was pretty late). She hesitates and says "I'm kind of dating somebody right now" to which I shot back, "whoa, I just wanted to talk, no big deal though" and roll off. Before I eject, she says something about being able to talk to her at the bar. I said "sounds fair" and ejected.

I go up to the bar, pay my tab, bs with the bartender for a few minutes, then take off. On my way out, I tell a guy at the bar it was nice to meet him, and that he is a good storyteller, then I say to the waitress that it was nice to meet her. She says, nice to meet you too, see you soon and smiles. I'm thinking that if I hadn't been drunk and AFC'ed on going for the phone number right away and either just left it at introductions and worked it later or talked with her more, I would have faired a lot better.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:48 pm 
MPUA Forum Addict

maybe if you acted more loveable

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:16 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

Good job... you made the approach... you got her number... and it sounds like you'll be enjoying some time alone with her away from work. This would have been my usual foray into "picking up a lady," because I've already seen some interest from her, which lessens my chances for rejection.

BUT... (come on you Pro PUA... chime in here)... in keeping with the Mystery Method, the Love System Routines, and the Magic Bullet, I can see a few things you could have done better OR that would have worked much better on a lady who had shown less (or NO) interest AND who was of that true SHB quality.

First off... I have taken to heart the advice given my Mystery to abstain from ANY drinking when I'm out at the club and practicing my "routines." Being able to think and react quickly will show both confidence AND intelligence. I drink tomato juice with a celery stick in it, because who needs to know it's alcohol free.

Just critiquing guy, so I don't mean to be harsh or critical, but your opening line sounded so close to the oldest line in the book, "Do you come her often?" Or... "What's a nice girl like you doing in a place like this.?' Then you opened up too quickly with a compliment that was too general, too trite, and focused on her looks or beauty ("Say, you're cute.") You also went for the close WAY too quiclyl, by asking her for her number. I think you realize your error there.

I'm sure that having nine beers only added to your.... well... unappealing nature to a barmaid who has seen TOO many drunk guys trying to pick her up. That is another GREAT reason to remain sober when out looking for some good "opening" possibilities in a club or bar. Your soberness, stable head, smooth and intelligent voice and conversation will make you the sanest inmate at the assylum. It shows that you have great self-control and it'll keep you from saying something stupiid or from putting your mouth in gear, before your brain is in full motion.

NOW... it doesn't mean you have to be sober your WHOLE life, just when you're honing your freshman PUA skills AND until you've made your close, whether it be a phone number, a # and a KISS, or a suggestion that you both go somewhere a little quieter, where you can both hear each other better.... such as YOUR place or HERS!

Keeping just a little... disinterest... or at least not giving ALL of yourself away or being one of the huddled masses of little puppy dogs who have been panting around her all night and other night's, too. Keeping a little mystery... not being QUITE so eager... and taking them through a "routine" and "opening" and experience that totally sets you apart from the hoarding masses.

At least you tried, dude... that's HALF the battle. Try it sober next time... have a routine... hold back on the compliments and when you DO give them, make them something different, "Have you ever dropped a full tray of drinks?" Did you ever drop it ON someone?" If they answer no, then you can compliment them on their balance, grace, and good fortune.

Don't forget to throw a NEG in there, too...