PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 10:49 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Just a quick one as I've gotta go out in a sec, a few of us London guys met up for the first time in central London last night for a few hours - strings, lucky number slevin and myself. Was a really worthwhile hookup.

Considering we are pretty much beginners at gaming we managed to succesfully open 9 sets and number close a couple....

I used the MM indirect approach on the majority however the set I went direct with I managed to number close....

Starting to hear more and more good things about the direct approach - what are peoples views on this?

(Strings/lucky number feel free to write a more detailed field report as I'm out all day now)

~gravitas~

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 12:26 pm 
PUA Forum Leader

I tend to go indirect because I want to get to know the person a bit first but I have had some good results from direct. You have to have good frame but after that you can pretty much say anything and they will like it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:01 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

I didnt know exactly what to expect. I had never met up with random strangers from the Internet. Nor had i ever gone out with the sole intention of picking up women. So i must admit i was a little out of my comfort zone.

We got the the club and hung about for a bit chattin shit and sitting in the worst place. We could easily have not have made any approaches if it wasnt for Gravitas assertively setting the target of 2 approaches each per hour. We didnt make this but we each made 3 approaches in the night. I'll just talk about my own sets.

Set 1

After Gravitas made his first approach it was my turn. I'd had a couple of drinks so I was able to beat my AA quite easily. I approached a 2 set of spanish chicks one was an 8 the other was like a 5 or some shit. So I used the cuddly toy opener (is it ok for a grown to still sleep with a cuddly toy) which went well. We got chattin about shit, they told me they both work for an airline at heathrow. Chucked a neg about that. During the chit chat with HB8 she asked me my name and what I had been up to that day which I took as IOIs. It was quite loud so her mate wasnt really part of the conversation and i ignored her a bit, which Slevin and Grav pointed out afterwards. Anyway, i kinda felt like i was running out of things to talk about. It was tough talking to her because of the volume and that we didnt understand each others accents too well. So i thought i'd try and go for a number close. I figured it would work as she seemed to be enjoying the conversation. She got her phone out, I told her to put her number into my phone but she was all like "ahh i dunno. Whats your number?" So i gave my number. Not sure if thats the right thing to do bet hey...

Set 2

Couple of scottish chicks, these two were very had to understand. Accents and load music again. I negged the hell out of them which was all pretty funny but i admit it was too much. I ended up telling there was no point talkin to them as i couldnt understand a word. They agreed and i left, laughing. Later one of them poke me as she walked passed and waved at me. I took this as an IOI and went to try and reopen her on the dance floor. This was a disaster as i could understand a thing she said. I can never understand chicks on the dance floor. All i ever hear is a high pitched "WAAAA WAAA WAAAAA WAAAA!!!" What i did understand to her thought was "I have to go dance now" so i left.

Set 3

Not much to say here really. I was at the bar and there was a group of girls all in the same outfits. That would make it easy to carry on the conversation so i used my opener then asked about the outfits. Who they were what they did blah blah... couple of negs. Was nt really into any of them so I didnt really try. Grav and Slev came over to get their drinks. I introduced them and then we left.

All in all i found it a very good experience. I met some guys to go sarging with, I learned a few lessons and most of all i had fun.

I look forward to next time....

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 6:09 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

Quote:

I used the MM indirect approach on the majority however the set I went direct with I managed to number close....

Starting to hear more and more good things about the direct approach - what are peoples views on this?

~gravitas~
Analysing this a bit further, set was a hired gun so don't think indirect would have been right. You went cocky funny, saw what sort of reaction you got, pushed it further to direct.

She qualifyed herself when you said bet you get all the blokes chatting you up by saying 'I wish...'

She set up a frame test....I have a boyfriend which you shrugged off nicely by saying your not going to be with him forever or something like that'

When she came back you got a kino from her on your butt. I DHV you saying 'he's not cheap you know' which you followed on nicely with yeah 'hands off the merchandise'

After that she was typing her number in you phone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:11 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Quote:
I tend to go indirect because I want to get to know the person a bit first but I have had some good results from direct. You have to have good frame but after that you can pretty much say anything and they will like it.
Jaybot - think you're right mate noticed this the other night.

Slevin - good winging my man, loved the way you DHV'd me. I'll return the favour on our next hook up 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:55 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

sounds like an interesting night gentlemen! Invite me along next time ey :-) I've been gaming now for a few months, but only witha passion for about three weeks, going out like every second night! Anyways, always on the lookout for people out and about in London. I'm used to gaming with various groups of friends, which basically takes stacking social proof, and little to no wingmaning, so I need to get some experience the other way about!
Cheers fellas!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:49 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Hatter - drop me a pm with your email address I'll add you to the London hookup emails.

Always good to meet fellow sargers!

~gravitas~

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:08 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

That sounds like just what I need, some like minded blokes to meet up with, have a laugh and get some practice in. All my mates are married. I've read the books, now I just need the push. Anything like this happening again soon?

I'm in South east London.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:19 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

Focksy, wack me a pm with yo email address.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:47 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

If any of you guys wanna hook up with a norwegian dude in London march 24-29 I'm up!
My class is taking a trip and I have no idea what clubs to go to.