PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:19 am 
New to MPUA Forum

My wing and I were walking past one of our favorite haunts, a little pub about two bedrooms wide with Christmas lights and candles for mood lighting and an SPAM as cozy as beers with your buddies in your basement den. We struck up a conversation with a two set outside the door, who said we should drop inside.

After hitting up a few other spots, we returned to find the party in full swing. There was a good crowd there, with excellent energy. While I wasn't totally feeling it, my wing convinced me to stick around. After chatting up a few randoms, I met up with one of the two set we'd been talking to earlier. It was going pretty well, I was getting laughter and some hair flicking, and though her attention was swayed by people she knew walking past (seemed like the thing was a work party), she was locked in with me, basically in isolation, for a good 10-15 minutes.

I didn't use much tech, just this little cold reading routine:

THAT ACCESSORY
Those (earrings, glasses, necklace, etc – any accessory the girl is wearing)... realllllyyyy says a lot about you (playful and slightly ironic)…What does it/do they say??... You're a curious one, aren't you... Well, they tell me that (give a cold read about what you kind of person you think she is – bold on the outside but has a quite side, sometimes people don't take you as serious as you want them to, you're more sophisticated than they think, etc. Think personal and emotional details. It shows you are paying attention, creates attraction, sets dating / sexual frame).

I changed it to more of a cocky / funny routine, as a way to tease her. Seemed to work well and it definitely seems worthy to find itself in regular rotation.

I suggested we have a seat as my legs were giving out on me. She said she had to take a bathroom break but would be back.

I went and talked to my wing for a while to see how things were going on his side. His target had also split, and was talking to another guy. After a few minutes of talking to some other randoms (guys) I had a look out for my target. She was gone, out to have a smoke with another guy.

I didn't really approach any other sets, but about ten minutes later walked up and said hello again to the target, teasing her for taking off. The interest and energy level had definitely dropped from before, and I lost her attention almost immediately. I went back to talking to other people, namely a friend of mine that had just walked through the door.

My wing convinced me to approach her again, even though I wasn't really feeling it after the major energy drop off from the second approach. He gave me a pretty decent accomplishment intro, and we talked about music for a bit. Then, she passed me her drink and asked me to hold it for her as she had to hit the bathroom again.

That killed it for me. Holding drinks for girls = supplication. If she had already put me in LJBF territory, I had obviously messed something up. Had I not been overtly sexual enough? Not enough kino? Shown too much interest? I dunno. Either way I wasn't interested in sarging her anymore.

After she handed me the drink, I replied, “uh, I'm not really interested in holding your drink. I need this hand free.” A look of worry passed her face, before she turned to leave. It had honestly pissed me off. We definitely weren't near that level of compliance, and I HATE being chumped.

I went to the bar. The guy she had gone out to smoke with, was there and I asked him to look after it. I talked to him for a bit and he actually turned out to be a really decent, stand up guy. He was also married, and unless she was into that, I figured there was no way he was an option for her. She came up to get her drink.

When she returned she said, “you really didn't hold my drink.” I handed it to her without looking at her, more interested in the conversation I was having with the guy then dealing with her.

I caught a couple of looks from her after this point. After hitting up the bathroom, I approached her set one more time. She was looking directly at me, and I completely ignored her. I did approach the set just to talk to one of her friends, who was being hilarious and drunk. After giving him respect and a fist punch, I left the set. After a few minutes of hanging out with my wing, I left the bar.

I'm not sure what I did wrong. I think maybe I didn't use enough specific DHV's, or maybe I seemed too needy. I tried to keep my body language loose, and she was open to the kino. But for some reason, I just couldn't move it from hooking to isolation and comfort.

It also struck me that, whether it was true or not, it FELT like she was looking at me more after I stopped paying attention to her. I really didn't want to re-initiate after she asked me to hold her drink, but if I could have got the energy going again at that point, it could have ended in a number close. It really felt it was heading that way in the early going, before she left and didn't return.

Any suggestions, as always, are greatly appreciated.

Keep up the good work,

Cats.