PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:19 am 
New to MPUA Forum

We all have our reasons for being here, and I would like to share mine. I haven’t told anyone what I’m about to tell you, this feels like a safe environment and I need to share.

It might be quite a read and I won’t blame you for skipping but when you do finish these 1300 words that sum up my situation please share your thoughts. I’d like to hear from you.

My name is Parcival(27) and this is my story.

I was the Nice Guy Robert A. Glover wrote about.
I’ve never been into the whole dating , pick-up and seduction thing. I always believed love would just happen ‘I’m a nice guy! A sensitive guy. I’m different! Sooner or later a girl will see this, fall for me and marry me.’ I took pride in being the Nice Guy and avoided chasing woman and clubs.

Well it worked.
Like most Nice Guys I was obsessed with one girl. 8 Years ago I won her hearth by offering security and obedience. This was not a smart choice. She had major abandonment issues and needed constant control. Anytime I acted on my own interest’s I got manipulated back into her control. Of course I did not notice this at the time. Friends and family warned me but I didn’t care, I was in love.
So this continued for about 7 years, slowly crumbling my ME, shaping me into what she needed. Eventually I got depressed, I felt like I had no control over my life. A year later she left me. She wanted a more alpha-male. I don’t blame her, I was a wreck.

And so the rebuild started.
It took me 2 weeks to realise this breakup was the best thing that ever happened to me. My whole world revolved around her and when she left it evaporated. There was nothing left. Scary at first but the freedom was intoxicating! I could finally discover ME, do ME! It was glorious, I was evolving and everyone around me noticed.

Then the anger grew.
At first I thought I was angry because she left me. Then I realised I was angry because she did not leave me sooner. I wasted 8 years. 8 years of sacrificing everything, for what!? I missed out on so much!

The anger drove me.
I went to places I never dared to go before. Any opportunity to leave my comfort zone I grappled with a passion. If I stayed comfortable for too long, the anger grew and drove me mad. I remember this one night, I had not gone out in 5 days. It was a Tuesday and I just snuck out in the middle of the night, drove to an unfamiliar city and started  hopping bars. Half a year ago I would never have even dreamt of doing this, but the anger.. The anger was uncontrollable.

I had no idea what I was doing, but at least I was doing something for a chance.
This continued for 4 months, no kiss-closes or lays.
I would start the dating when I had my confidence in order.

But then I met Her.
I met her in a pub (a friend of a friend), we instantly connected. A week later I invited her to join me and my friends in a bar. That was Wednesday , by Sunday night we had not been apart for more then 3 hours, sleeping at friends and her place. By Monday morning, we were in love. The anger was gone.( I think that if I hadn’t met her the anger would eventually cause me to self destruct.)

Way out of my league.
Where I had spend 8 years losing myself in a relationship, putting myself second, she had put herself first. She had been going out and on adventures all the time. She was a major pick-up, slept with dozens of guys and had the most amazing/ridiculous story’s to tell. Strangers could see it when she passed them on the street; she lived. Boys fell for her by the bunch, she still receives texts daily from strangers wanting to meet up. Confident, persistent and hot, her adventures shaped her to become an amazing woman. Way out of my league.

She had finished the journey that I had only just discovered.

She asked me:
‘If you commit to me won’t you feel like you missed out on life, I’m done with adventures and dating, I’m looking to settle. Are you?’ I had been ready to settle my entire life up until 4 months ago, life has a weird sense of humour like that. I Told her I would feel like I missed out from time to time but in the end she is what I want. Even tough I didn’t have my adventures, I do get to skip right to the end. And there was nothing that would keep me from being with her. I still believe this.

The return of the anger.
The anger slowly made it’s return since we became official. It used my jealousy of her adventures to feed the fear that I am not good/experienced enough. It used her adventures to create insecurities. In an attempt to bring myself ’to her level’ I asked her to explain dating/clubbing and one-night-stands to me (yes, I truly had no idea how this worked). The story’s made the anger(/jealousy/insecurity) worse, but learning about ‘the game’ seemed to ease the anger. Understanding gave me the feeling I could do it too, which gave me the feeling I was more on her level, which soothed the anger.

The forum
Learning about dating, confidence, the game soon let me here: the PUA forum. After some browsing trough the posts about AA I found Stormys thread about frame control and being high value. I realised this is not just about picking up woman, it’s about evolving yourself to your greatest potential, overcoming social anxiety, building confidence and creating social value. I felt at home with my anger and ambitions. So I kept reading, pretty much anytime I’m alone I pick up my phone and read. The book Models really spoke to me and I’m currently halfway trough The Game.

This is something you just can´t learn in a book.
As said many times on this forum, pick-up (or social evolving as I like to call it) is not something you can learn from books. It’s mastered by experience, approach after approach. The things I’ve learned so far are already having positive effects on my interactions and my relationship. Especially learning about the ‘Needy-problem’ has a tremendous effect on those who tend to be a Nice Guy like me. (I think everyone should read Models by Mark Mason.) But to truly become higher value, to become truly confident and social gifted, you need field experience, and lots of it.

The here and now.
So that’s my story. I read this forum  and the books daily. Finding ways to improve myself and using this anger to motivate me to do so. I’ve kept this a secret from her, she won’t believe I’m here for self improvement, she’ll  think I’m here to learn how to cheat on her. I would never cheat on her, she is a million times the girl I used to date, she helps me become a better me. I am happy.

But then there are times where I can’t shake the feeling that I just can’t compare. That I’ll never truly be on level with her because of all the life experience I’ve missed. Like there is always something that stands between us. These sleepless nights are hard. It makes me wonder if I could ever  shake this anger. I don’t want it to destroy what I have.

So there it is.
I guess what I’m saying is that it’s my ambition to become a better pick-up and higher social value than my girlfriend (without damaging my relationship with her) hoping this will resolve the anger/jealousy/insecurity I feel.

Reader,
I’d like to hear your take, your opinion on what I just shared with you.
Have you been in similar situations, and how did it work out?
And, in your opinion, is it even possible to do all of this without damaging my relationship?

It feels good to share.

Parcival

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:41 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Parcival,

I'm also new here and I can completely relate to what you have said, for me I too have had those feelings of poor value and self worth which ultimately led me here for answers.

I was always analytical, an over thinker and it completely destroyed my previous experiences with women as I would always be the NICE GUY!

This forum and the wealth of information here has totally opened my eyes to the world and that WE ARE THE PRIZE!

Parcival, ALWAYS BELIEVE THAT!!!

I have felt that anger, that feeling of total disdain for what I had allowed myself to become, but it is now being used as a driving force to change my Inner Game and ultimately make me the man I know I am, inside and out!

My Motto to myself now is simple "Do something every day that scares you"

I've been asked to do some modeling for a local charity and I'm relishing the chance to get up there and exude confidence try to show off all I've learned!

Those feelings you get from time to time are merely negative thoughts, which will portray negative energy and body language! Ask yourself, "Why do I feel I don't compare"? Can you actually give yourself a reason other than what you make yourself believe?

She IS with you now, reinforce that... Don't shoot yourself in the foot with Negativity!

You won't damage your relationship, you'll have the tools to make it GREAT!

All the best,

Bren

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 1:08 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

Bren,

Nice to meet you!
And thank you, I guess I really needed to hear I was not being a horrible boyfriend for being here.
It’s nice knowing you’re not alone in this and to hear from men who’ve been/are in similar situations.

WE ARE THE PRIZE!
I realise 8 years of never-being-good-enough took some toll on my confidence and feeling of self worth. And it will take work to rebuild it. Reminding yourself of your self worth daily seems like the place to start!

Challenging myself
I like your motto : ‘Do something every day that scares you’. November just started, lets make it a one-month-of.. thing! This month I’ll challenge myself to do something out of comfort everyday, reflecting on it December the first..  At the end of the day, the only way to calm the anger is to be able to tell myself I’m making progress towards becoming a better me.

Cant Compare.
Funny thing, I can’t actually name something I believe is the true reason I feel like I can’t compare. Suppose it has more to do with the image of self then actual reality. But how do you convince yourself you CAN compare? I think the answer can be found in a combination of Inner Game and lots of experience in social situations out of the comfort zone.

It’s time to head out an talk to strangers! See where my sticking points are and fix them. This is going to be fun :)

Good luck on your modelling job! ( I can already imagine opening with ‘Yeah, it’s me, from the -insert charity name- posters’ :p)

All the best,

Parcival

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 1:50 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Percival,

You get the opportunity to use this knowledge and skill set to improve a relationship, most of us including me ended up here looking for answers as to why we lost ours!

Prevention is the best cure!!

You see that's what most including myself said, I have no actual logical reason for feeling inadequate, so all it is is a feeling, a negative thought that sprouts arms and legs!

Looking forward to seeing some heads turn!! :D

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:40 am 
PUA Forum Leader

Boy meets girl.

Boy get's in a relationship with a girl.

Boy spends a lot of years in that relationship.

Girl leaves the boy.

Boy is alone starts feeling better and actually starts to improve.

Just as he starts to improve, he meets another girl.

Boy gets into another relationship.

And the story repeats itself.

You can try it here Here: New AA Cure

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:10 am 
New to MPUA Forum

Thanks Bren!

Phantom, That story sounds really familiar
and even tough it has been easier to experiment, learn and improve when I was single,
I do believe it is possible to do these things while in a relationship.

It'll probably be a challenge and that's ok,
nothing is going to stop me from improving again. :)

Parcival

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 5:33 pm 
PUA Forum Leader

Quote:
I do believe it is possible to do these things while in a relationship. Parcival
No.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 8:07 am 
New to MPUA Forum

Quote:
Quote:
I do believe it is possible to do these things while in a relationship. Parcival
No.
Phantom, why dont you think it's possible?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 8:16 am 
PUA Forum Leader

Quote:
Phantom, why dont you think it's possible?
You're trying to take the easy way out. That never works. Get out of the relationship, and focus on this
area 100%. That's the only way you'll make it. You can't negotiate with this stuff.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:04 pm 
Read My Book

Welcome to the forum:

Heres a few solid links to get you started:

pua-lounge/topic190620.html

posting.php?mode=reply&f=1&t=197547

approaching-and-opening/topic190187.html

Let me know if you have any questions.

Show Support, Buy The Book: 'The Secret Laws Of Social Wisdom - Click Here

http://www.EddieFews.com

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:57 am 
New to MPUA Forum

Phantom, "have your cake and eay it too" I get it. My plan is to do things a little different. I'll focus on picking up everyone (guys, girls, elderly, dogs, everyone!) but never close. Creating & controling frames, aproaching strangers with the intent to create fun environments.
Hell, maybe i'll even become a good wing for my friends.
I'll find a way to add social value but without the intent of closing, only to make people happy. :)
I'll figure something out, and be shure to share any intresting developments.
Btw, i've found your vids to be realy helpfull!

And thanks for the links Eddie!

Parcival

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 1:10 pm 
PUA Forum Leader

Quote:
Phantom, "have your cake and eay it too" I get it. My plan is to do things a little different. I'll focus on picking up everyone (guys, girls, elderly, dogs, everyone!) but never close. Creating & controling frames, aproaching strangers with the intent to create fun environments.
Hell, maybe i'll even become a good wing for my friends.
I'll find a way to add social value but without the intent of closing, only to make people happy. :)
I'll figure something out, and be shure to share any intresting developments.
Btw, i've found your vids to be realy helpfull!

And thanks for the links Eddie!

Parcival
If that's your truth, fine. But if deep in yourself you know that you actually want to be alone and work on yourself, but you're afraid of being alone or leaving your girl, that's something else.

Don't be the guy who lies to himself. Truth can be hard to deal with but it works our at the end.