PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:02 pm 
MPUA Forum Zealot

Hey guys.

This routine involves 2 characters, You and an Imaginery person you dont really know very well. Maybe you dont feel like saying you went out alone...

You: Enter a set. Open with:
Hey guys, this will only take a minute. I have to warn you. Something
tragic is going to happen. You're probably about to break a man in two.
Set: What?
You:
Well, me and this I guy I know from work, I actually first talked to him like 2 weeks ago, went out tonight. I really like to make new friends, but this guy really is turning my night into a nightmare. He got stonedrunk within the first hour, now he's in the bathroom doing god knows what, he's been trying cheesie pick-up-lines all night and thinks he's a real Don Juan. Its embarrasing and I feel ashamed for his sake.

Anyway, just before he went to the restroom he told me he wanted to talk you guys and then go home. So I just thought I'd take this moment - as fellow humanbeing ask you not to be to hard on him. Beacuse if you are, he'll probably make me stay here even longer and I just cant take it. He's actually a pretty sweet guy, maybe to sweet. I overheard him saying something about Rainbows and glowing stars and the girls just laughed at him and called him looser.
If you can stop yourself from laughing for like 2 minutes, I'll come and save you.

Come back after 2 minutes

Well guys, my luck has turned.
I just feel compelled to tell you what has just happend.
My friend called and said he just got thrown out of the club and decided to go home. I feel like celebrating. But hey, wait a second. Im not gonna get screwed twice the same night.
Are you guys drunk? (Neg: You look a bit drunk, would you stand up for me, one leg?)
Are you gonna hit on me with some bullshit about a rainbow? (Neg: Bet there's a drunken poet underneith that orange coulerd thing you are wearin..)

Set: No...

You know what, maybe thats the problem today. People just wount take the time to get to know each other. Well here's your chance girls - Impress me.
Tell me 3 really special things about yourself that would make me wanne stay here and talk to you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:43 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

I much more elaborate version of what I've been doing for years. No offense, but maybe to elaborate - the fact that you hang out with this guy you don't know well, plus that you talk about what a fuck up he is seems DLV.

I just tell people, if they ask, my friend got called by his girlfriend and had to leave - I think she wears the pants in that relationship.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:08 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Its way too long for an opener. The girls will be wondering where this story is going and lose interest and wondering why your talking to them. I had a tendency of having too long of a opener, but you need to be able to hook them immediately. I mean think about it what if some random guy came up to you and just started telling you a story...its annoying and it'll be the same with girls. Just condense it and you should be good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:12 pm 

Quote:
Its way too long for an opener.
I agree. Plus, it lacks a hook. You need to get them hooked the very first seconds of your opener.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:17 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

yeah, it might be a little long for an opener... i'm not sure if that's a bad thing, i'm not the most experienced with the theoretical subtleties of openers.

the one flaw i see upon a cursory glance of it is, you're leaving them for 2 minutes (leaving and coming back is a good technique in the pua toolkit, can't remember if it has a name) but the problem is, what if they leave during the 2 minutes you're gone? dynamics could change during 2 minutes. just want to throw that out there.

~Luminova~

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:18 am 
Member of MPUA Forum

There's too much talking on your behalf, they'll either lose interest real quick or see through what you're doing. Not to mention that you've DLV yourself with your thing about the friend. Maybe try to use it in a DHV story conveying that you are a leader of men along with showing your loyalty and identity.

It was neat that you had a false time constraint, but where was the hook point?

Saying that your friend was wasted, drunk, got thrown out is not the kind of social proof you want. They're going to look at you and think if he is any kind of friend to you then you must be someone like him who gets drunk and thrown out of clubs. Best to avoid that IMO.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:24 am 
MPUA Forum Zealot

Here's the thing guys. What Im aiming for.

The first part who some of you think is DLV.
The point of the first segment is that Im open to hang out with someone I dont know, in order to find out who they are.
If I hang out with someone I realise is and idiot or weirdo, I simply wount hang out with them.
I would never talk to girls about a "weird" friend.
I would call him special, and explain why I like hanging out with him.

Maybe not use it as an opener... could be worth thinking about. Agreed.

Hook?
After I tell them about this crazy experience...
Have you guys ever been in the same situation?
When someone gives a good first impression, then turns out to be a jerk?

Leaving them for two minutes...
One big problem with goin out alone is that there is no wing to keep them occupied.
Maybe a good lock-in-prop is in order. Any Ideas?

Thanks you for yours thoughts and opinions.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:36 am 
Member of MPUA Forum

That's it Energy.

I think you can convey that you are a fun guy who is socially bright by talking about a guy who you befriended in a DHV story. But I'd use it after an opener. As for the 2 minute break, your lock in prop won't work unless you've reached the hook point. If you walk away from them for 2 minutes and you creeped them out with the opener, they going to quickly leave their spot before you came back or an interrupt is going to enter the set. It's good that your leaving shows a lack of neediness and I encourage people not to be afraid of leaving the set, but consider if you've reached a hook point first of all otherwise reentry to the group can be met with unease.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:28 am 
MPUA Forum Zealot

Quote:
That's it Energy.

I think you can convey that you are a fun guy who is socially bright by talking about a guy who you befriended in a DHV story. But I'd use it after an opener. As for the 2 minute break, your lock in prop won't work unless you've reached the hook point. If you walk away from them for 2 minutes and you creeped them out with the opener, they going to quickly leave their spot before you came back or an interrupt is going to enter the set. It's good that your leaving shows a lack of neediness and I encourage people not to be afraid of leaving the set, but consider if you've reached a hook point first of all otherwise reentry to the group can be met with unease.
I see your point and I thank you for it.