PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 3:18 pm 
MPUA Forum Addict

Ok last night at a dance party i randomly bumped into this HB9 who went to high school with me and just graduated law school where i graduated in 2012. she was with her friend and she initiated and approached me, seemed to indicate a high level of attraction, telling me where she lives, what she's doing after law school, etc.

i tried to include her friend in all the discussions and made sure i wasn't just singling the target out. i flirted well enough with them, had them laughing, smiling, was confident and a little cocky, but i didn't escalate too physically with the target bc of the friend being there. (a tip on whether that is okay would be appreciated!) definitely was just dancing and having a good time with them but being a little more overtly flirty with the target.

anyways we're flirting back and forth and of course the friend gets a beer spilled all over her and freaks out, the target goes with her to the bathroom but says "i'll be right back" in a flirty way. i dance with some other girls then go to close my tab (bar's closing as it's 2am), whereupon they emerge from the bathroom and the friend says to me "well, bed-time" and they both look ready to leave. my reaction is to just play it totally cool, tell the friend it was nice to meet her, tell the girl i'll see her around, tell them both they better start studying for that damn bar exam, then turn and head back to the bar to close my tab as they leave.

i already have this girl's number and we've texted back and forth way back in january but she had a dude at the time. wondering how to proceed? definitely felt some attraction from her end but didn't want to text her late night. you guys think she would text me first? how should i play it...

You must be overconfident and cocksure, even if you haven't got a god damn thing in the world going for you. And you must fail with women until you do not fear the possibility of failure, whereupon you will succeed wildly.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 6:38 pm 
Dedicated Member

cool dude
its hard to tell if it was appropriate to escalate while the friend was there or not because i dont have all the details

i think you shouldn't just start talking to her about random bull over text or phone anymore because you already have her attracted by your words - you should just find out her schedule and work out a plan to see her at that venue again

good job bro - any other questions let me know over pm

PUA memes and pua inspirational pics/videos http://fb.com/Drew.Schroeder.Page

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:53 pm 
MPUA Forum Addict

thanks man, yeah i figured i'd play it safe with the escalation because it seemed right on the line. there are scenarios where it's very obvious that the friend is cool with you hitting on the target and in those instances i absolutely go for it, but this situation felt a little more restrained (3 young professionals so that whole 'respectable' aura...) so i held back and was just really charming and flirty. i MAY have been able to escalate but this target has more longterm potential than the usual pickup so i didn't want to misfire. would have gone for it otherwise and probably would have been ok last night but just a little risky and no harm in being a bit of a challenge...

are you saying i should text her to set something up or just figure out her schedule independently? seems like you mean the former but just clarifying lol... she's got the bar exam so she won't have much free time the next month but maybe i'll hit her up on a weekend.

thanks for the feedback bud

You must be overconfident and cocksure, even if you haven't got a god damn thing in the world going for you. And you must fail with women until you do not fear the possibility of failure, whereupon you will succeed wildly.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 5:14 am 
Member of MPUA Forum

Quote:
thanks man, yeah i figured i'd play it safe with the escalation because it seemed right on the line. there are scenarios where it's very obvious that the friend is cool with you hitting on the target and in those instances i absolutely go for it, but this situation felt a little more restrained (3 young professionals so that whole 'respectable' aura...) so i held back and was just really charming and flirty. i MAY have been able to escalate but this target has more longterm potential than the usual pickup so i didn't want to misfire. would have gone for it otherwise and probably would have been ok last night but just a little risky and no harm in being a bit of a challenge...

are you saying i should text her to set something up or just figure out her schedule independently? seems like you mean the former but just clarifying lol... she's got the bar exam so she won't have much free time the next month but maybe i'll hit her up on a weekend.

thanks for the feedback bud

Quite a well-play night, but it could be better.

SOmething worth point out is attraction do expired. Although she's highly attracted to you that night, she might not the other day.

You have to close the deal faster or offer her a conversation like no one else (but do escalate on her to show that you are not just a platonic friend; but a sexual man), that's the best way to solidfy the attraction.

Ask her out as soon as you can and do any of the things above.

It doesn;t matter if she have a dude; it's matter if you are good enough that she can't let you go.

Hope this help,
Naughty Napoleon

http://www.naughtynapoleondatingadvice.com/

Latest post: How to get to know a girl during first date [FREE]

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:45 pm 
MPUA Forum Addict

Quote:
Quite a well-play night, but it could be better.

SOmething worth point out is attraction do expired. Although she's highly attracted to you that night, she might not the other day.

You have to close the deal faster or offer her a conversation like no one else (but do escalate on her to show that you are not just a platonic friend; but a sexual man), that's the best way to solidfy the attraction.

Ask her out as soon as you can and do any of the things above.

It doesn;t matter if she have a dude; it's matter if you are good enough that she can't let you go.

Hope this help,
Naughty Napoleon

I agree and under normal circumstances I would have escalated pretty quickly. Unfortunately her friend/roommate was there, there's an undercurrent of maintaining a 'professional demeanor', and I don't think I'd have been able to go home with her either way. I do believe I could have been a bit more sexual with her in retrospect to wholly avoid the friend zone.

I'm still undecided on how to approach contacting her again. Probably should have texted her something flirty that night but there's this dance you have to do between letting her know you're interested while still remaining a high value dude who's a challenge to get. I still haven't mastered this part of pick up. Sometimes I either don't text and the attraction withers or I text too soon and kill it myself...

Any ideas on how to proceed would be appreciated

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:09 pm 
Member of MPUA Forum

You mentioned about waiting for her to text first,
you do it first

Advice for those in a relationship

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:29 pm 
MPUA Forum Addict

Quote:
You mentioned about waiting for her to text first,
you do it first
i texted her a few days later but she never texted me back. in retrospect i should have escalated further when i had her right there. good lesson.

honestly when i was studying for the bar exam the last thing on my mind was hanging out with a girl so i'm gonna just focus on other women and if she comes around we'll see what happens. can only do harm hitting her up again before that test.

but i've been around long enough to know that when they're interested they find time to text back, even if it's just to say they'll be busy for a while but would like to hang out later.