Post subject: STDs
PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 4:25 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Hey everyone. This forum has been instrumental to me developing my game over the years. As such, many of the posters have given me help and advice on important issues. I feel that people should help guide others in areas in which they are knowledgeable. Because of this, I am opening up this post to any questions you all may have regarding STDs.

I am a medical student and have a fairly good amount of knowledge about spread, risk factors, endemic areas, etc of certain sexually transmitted infections. I am NOT, however, a doctor, and will not answer questions in which someone gives me their symptoms and wants a diagnosis. If you even think you may have an STD, go get tested. If, however, you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

This is a serious issue and contracting an STD can drastically change a person's life. Prevention is the best medicine, so that is what I am here to try to help people do. If people have questions, fire away! If not, that is okay too. I just thought I would make the offer. :)

Here is a thread I found posted in another discussion with some good background information on some STDs.

the-scariest-part-of-pua-vt59051.html?highlight=hpv

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 4:41 pm 
MPUA Forum Zealot

I always wrap up on the occasions i have had sex.

But i was really considering having sex with some girl im seeing SPAM without wrapping up. She hasnt had sex for a few months and iv never had sex unwrapped before and we are kinda get serious so ....

What would you say to this?

I am terrified about getting aids, not fussed about the other STD's tbh. How common is aids in England? Also how would i be able to suspect if she had any problems?

Also, someone posted earlier about getting HPV, this has scared the shit out of me, i feel as though i dont want sex now. How is it that 70% of people have it, sounds like a hell of alot! I don't want it!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 5:22 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Caveman, all great questions!

1. As a general rule, I do not ever have sex without a condom.
First off, there is the pregnancy issue. She may be on birth control, however, and that is another issue altogether, so I will get back to the STDs. The problem with STDs is that many of them do not show signs or symptoms for a while before they become apparent, while others can show signs at times and then not be visually evident for a while only to resurface later. The ONLY way to be fairly certain she does not have an STD is if she gets screened for them and then SHOWS you the report saying she is NEGATIVE for any sexually transmitted infections. Just because she has not had sex in the past few months does not mean she does not have an STD. Even if it is unlikely that she does, there is still that chance...

2. As for the AIDS. So basically, AIDS occurs as a result of the HIV viral infection that progressed to AIDS, which is a worsening of the immune system and acquisition of other infections. HIV is the virus which you are asking about and it is a scary one! As for prevalence in England, it is very low. Sadly, however, transmission rates have increased slightly in developed countries recently. Still, prevalence is low, but it is still there!
You really would not be able to tell if she had HIV or AIDS by looking at her, especially if it is in the earlier stages. As the infection progressed, she would have some symptoms and would start to get infections that healthy people don't tend to get. Still, considering that many people with HIV do not even know they are infected, you certainly could not tell for certain without testing.

3. HPV. The prevalence of HPV is hard to actually estimate. There are MANY strains of HPV, some of which tend to be worse than others. The 70% number you used, I believe, is of people infected with HPV at some point in their lives. The thing is, HPV usually clears on its own. When it doesn't, however, is when people run into problems. We do not currently know why it clears in some, but not others, but that is how it seems to happen.

For both HIV and HPV, sexual transmission is highest in anal sex and lowest for oral sex. Vaginal sex is somewhere between the 2.

I am sorry for the length of this post, I just wanted to answer your questions as best I could! As for being scared to have sex, I will say this. Even knowing all of the dangers of STDs, I still have sex and love it! I'm just careful who I do it with. I also am sure to use a condom everytime without fail. If I don't have one, I don't have sex. Period. Hope this was helpful and if you want more clarification on an answer or have any more questions, feel free to ask! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 6:08 pm 
Dedicated Member

Flavored condoms and dental dams are essientials for oral sex, shit can still passed through oral.

http://www.condomdepot.com/product/catalog.cfm/nid/207

http://www.condomdepot.com/product/deta ... 1/pid/2296

they should advertise on this site.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 6:23 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Quote:
Flavored condoms and dental dams are essientials for oral sex, shit can still passed through oral.

http://www.condomdepot.com/product/catalog.cfm/nid/207

http://www.condomdepot.com/product/deta ... 1/pid/2296

they should advertise on this site.
Great points RVAIS! I wasn't trying to imply that infections could not be passed through oral, they just do at a lower rate, but definitely can! And to clarify, when I said I use protection for sex without exception, I meant all types of sex (including oral).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:10 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

Hey,

Here is something for all of you to think about before you decide to not wrap up. I work in a Health Center on a college campus. 3 weeks ago a girl came in for her STD test results. She contracted herpes from her partner, oh and this isnt even the worst part. The guy she contracted it from was thefirst guy she slept with (her boyfriend). Needless to say, its a tragedy and you should always make sure you and your partner have been tested.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:33 am 
MPUA Forum Addict

HPV clears but never goes away. The symptoms themselves clear, but even if you have no signs at all or blemishes, you will still pass it. Condoms don't do anything to prevent it.

Source- 5 years experience and 2 urologists.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:26 am 
PUA Forum Leader

I've actually got a question about STDs transmitted by contact, like for instance herpes that was earlier mentioned. Is there any way to prevent against that besides condoms? I know a lot of STDs can be transmitted even when condoms are used, but is there any other way to prevent that? You would think there would be some kind of anti-viral gel, or genital wraps or something like that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:32 am 
MPUA Forum Addict

Quote:
I've actually got a question about STDs transmitted by contact, like for instance herpes that was earlier mentioned. Is there any way to prevent against that besides condoms? I know a lot of STDs can be transmitted even when condoms are used, but is there any other way to prevent that? You would think there would be some kind of anti-viral gel, or genital wraps or something like that.

http://www.herpes-coldsores.com/preventing_herpes.htm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:01 am 
New to MPUA Forum

You know what I hate when it comes to researching about STDs, every website has different information. A lot of abstinent sites will have misleading information about how stds are transferred. I had a debate class where we debated about abstinence programs and I learned how almost 95% of the time abstinence programs/websites will over exaggerate STD transfer numbers and they will usually make it sound worse than it really is. You never know what to believe.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:45 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Yahoo Messenger: gonza8200
AOL: chulo803
Yea wrap it before you tap it, friend got ghannarea before he was sent to jail he had to get a shot in the ass in jail

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:35 am 
MPUA Forum Zealot

I've had chlamydia twice, and some other bacterial std that i can't remember the name of. I used condoms every time I got infected and I'm circumcised which greatly reduces the risk of contraction of most STDs. At the end of the day, the more girls you sleep with, the higher your chances of contracting an STD/I.

But most of them aren't nearly as bad as they are made out to be. Just whack on a condom and hope for the best. Don't let fear get in your way.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:22 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Yahoo Messenger: gonza8200
AOL: chulo803
I didn't want to admit it but I had chlamydia once already, we both were checked out before we did anything and we both were clean. It could just be bacteria buildup for not cleaning too well we both got anti-biotics and killed it.

It's so uncomfortable I knew something was wrong freaking oozing clear liquid randomly and whole crap felt weird. Took the medicine and made me so nauseas but had to do it lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:16 pm 
Member of MPUA Forum

Ok, so I'm a big fan of eating pussy. Is there anything that I can do to protect myself? I try to only do it after I have been with a girl a few times and build up a little trust.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:30 am 
PUA Forum Leader

Quote:
Ok, so I'm a big fan of eating pussy. Is there anything that I can do to protect myself? I try to only do it after I have been with a girl a few times and build up a little trust.
Dental Dam is about it, but it's awkward to whip one of those out. But if you are really worried, you'll use it.

By the way, a Dental dam is basically a piece of thin plastic that doesn't allow bacteria or viruses to pass through it. Similar to saran wrap (but don't use saran wrap cause viruses and bacteria can still get through). You'll be eating her out through the plastic, with it acting as a barrier.