Post subject: Fresh Start
PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:04 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Hey you guys whats up,

I came in here to get some advice and maybe that could help others as well.

I want to start dieting, working out cause Im in a LTR and Ive starting slipping and getting comfortable. I dont have much money cause my money for work goes to paying for bills etc. I cant afford too eat salads or have five meals a day.

I wanted to know like the most basic stuff. Like what do I stay away from? Inexpensive foods that are really good for you? And what exercises can help me immensely without needing weights?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks you guys

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 6:40 pm 
Homewrecker

I can totally feel you on this, man, because I remember what it was like to be broke and unable to do what I knew I needed to when it came to maintaining my body.

The two most important things to avoid are partially hydrogenated vegetable oil (trans fat/margarine) and high fructose corn syrup. Read the ingredients of everything you put into your mouth and if you see either of those two, eliminate it from your diet. Minimize sugar intake while maximizing protein. Eat foods with lots of fiber and drink plenty of water (this causes the fiber to swell in your stomach and makes you feel full longer).

The truth is, you probably CAN eat 6-7 times a day, you just have to pick cheap, healthy foods. SPAM, eggs, canned tuna and chicken, fruits & vegetables, all-natural peanut butter, whole wheat bread ... all of these things are good for you, inexpensive, and will make you feel full longer than eating a bunch of junk.

When it comes to exercises, just do bodyweight training, i.e., pushups, pullups, bodyweight squats, burpees, situps, V-ups, etc. etc. Check out some of the workouts on http://www.crossfit.com for a few ideas and videos of the exercises being performed.

Also, have sex with your girlfriend more often. It's an established fact that you burn 360 calories for every hour of sex ... not a bad trade-off if you ask me :D

Your boy,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:53 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Thanks,

Lol yeah i got the sex thing covered. Thanks for the link and thanks on the foods thing.

For the peanut butter I just eat it by itself and that counts as a meal?

Should still eat grilled chicken?

How about salads?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:05 am 
Homewrecker

You can eat your PB by itself with a glass of (2%) milk or on whole wheat bread in the form of a sandwich. Just make sure you're getting all-natural peanut butter (Skippy makes a jar of all-natural you don't have to stir or refrigerate for ~$4).

Grilled chicken and salads are awesome, but be careful with the dressing you use on your salad. Vegetables are great but most of the stuff we put on them is sugar & fat. In fact, why not dice up your grilled chicken and add it to the salad? This way you can still feel like a man while getting your vegetables :D

More cheap good food: beans, lentils, almonds, cheese, yogurt, whole wheat pasta, whole grain brown rice.