Post subject: Information Overload
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:31 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

my biggest issue the past week is information overload. I work out, and feel good after it, but I don't know which workout to do.
I am doing fitness because: a) I play sports (soccer, marathon), b) it imrpoves other areas, makes me feel good, c) aesthetics, makes me look better
What do the experts among you think, whats the optimal fitness routine? I have stuff from Tim Ferriss, Doug McGuff, Joe DeFranco... it's too much for an amateur like me to process or chose from
How often to work out? should I work till muslce failure or count my reps and sets? should I work once a week, twice a week or 5 times per week? is cardio good for health or a waste of time? And lots of other questions...
You see my dilemma?

Post subject: Re: Information Overload
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:53 pm 
King Among Mortals

So do you lack decision making ability?

It's your body, how do you want to sculpt it?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 4:43 pm 
Dedicated Member

I'm surprised if you have heard of Tim Ferris that you don't know about avoiding information overload. In "The 4 hour work week," he describes in detail what to do.

Most workout programs are just there as a product to sell you something. That's the sole point, and people fall for it over and over again. There are a few basics that nearly every article/book/program will cover about body building and that's all you need. You don't need 3 workout programs to get in shape, you just need discipline to go a few times a week. Also different programs have different goals, but again, its not like you need that to get to your goal. There is a ton of free material explaining goals and how to get there.

The real reasons to get in shape are the ones you listed. You will feel better and look better and people notice. All the rest is peanuts. Just make sure you're educated enough then do whatever works for you. I have read a good bit on bodybuilding, and talked to many people that lift, but I made my routine and it works for me. That's the way a lot of things including pickup are in life. You have to find you. My best buddy is around 260 lbs and 6'6" and he does a much different routine than me, as I am not that size. I do a variation of things he's showed me and things I've read. I can't lift like he does...

I go 3 times a week and do opposing muscle groups and cover all the major ones. Previously I was doing circuits but changed it up. Again it really doesn't matter, both will get you in shape.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 3:09 am 
MPUA Forum Addict

Do Adonis Index which is specifically designed to attract girls. Been doing it for about a year and definitely works.