PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:05 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

Hi, I'm knew here and i thought that while i am learning of people here from something that i am new at in return what i can offer is advice/help on fitness on something which i am very passionate about. I am mainly into bodybuilding I'm not competition type though so if you are really into that i know bits and could probably point you in the right direction but i do have a muscular toned lean body which looks good!

So ask away and when i have time I will answer any questions i can.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 2:33 pm 
Dedicated Member

when is the best time to cut? I am in bulking phase and I am a woman.
Also some bodybuilders say that you can lose fat and increase muscle.
What's your opinion on that?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 7:01 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Quote:
It's hard but you can do it. It's called Body Recomp.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 11:47 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

I'm not much in to bodybuilding I mostly do power lifting...
and as for maria's question adding extra cardio usually dose the job. :twisted:

My favorite 6-pack method: Don't eat shit, don't drink and train heaps!

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 2:32 am 
MPUA Forum Addict

Quote:
You can lean out while building muscle mass. Essentially, to make it very simple, you can use your own lipids (fat) or free fatty acids to fuel protein synthesis (catalyst for building muscle). However, the conditions need to be correct. The problem I find with most diets is that they are either too carbohydrate heavy or too sparse. Without carbohydrates, your body runs on blood glucose, including your brain. It's why your mind goes foggy when your blood sugar levels drop or you try a SPAM diet. If your carbohdyrates are too low, you can use amino acids, particularly glucogenic amino acids, to make glucose. This in turn can break down muscle since muscle is built up of amino acids. Further, carbohydrates are essential to increasing protein synthesis and also fueling the workout. Without carbohydrates, intensity is likely to drop in the gym and your muscle will atrophy by reversibility.

With too many carbohdyrates, since insulin is a disabler of fat oxidation, then you won't be able to use fat as a fuel source during the day. Your main source of fuel at rest, and at low-moderate levels of activity is fat. When you increase insulin, whether through protein intake or carbohydrates, then you stop fat oxidation.

As you can see, in order to build muscle you need carbohdyrates and in order to lose fat you have to control the amount of carbohdyrates. Finding the right balance is the key to much of the "build while lean out" idea.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 10:23 pm 
Ask a mod for a custom title

Quote:
Bulking phase (aka dirty bulk) is a waste of time unless you're a super hard gainer, even still it'll take more work shedding the lbs, for most, than staying relatively lean and gaining muscle from there.

Marie I strongly suggest you look into HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) such as what I do on the tredmill (45 seconds brisk walk 4mph, to 'run' at 12mph alternating for 15-20 minutes). Its as close to a silver bullet to tightening up (losing fat without muscle degredtation) you'll get.

Last edited by n2thevoid on Sat Jun 04, 2016 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 10:24 pm 
Ask a mod for a custom title

Quote:
Quote:
You can lean out while building muscle mass. Essentially, to make it very simple, you can use your own lipids (fat) or free fatty acids to fuel protein synthesis (catalyst for building muscle). However, the conditions need to be correct. The problem I find with most diets is that they are either too carbohydrate heavy or too sparse. Without carbohydrates, your body runs on blood glucose, including your brain. It's why your mind goes foggy when your blood sugar levels drop or you try a SPAM diet. If your carbohdyrates are too low, you can use amino acids, particularly glucogenic amino acids, to make glucose. This in turn can break down muscle since muscle is built up of amino acids. Further, carbohydrates are essential to increasing protein synthesis and also fueling the workout. Without carbohydrates, intensity is likely to drop in the gym and your muscle will atrophy by reversibility.

With too many carbohdyrates, since insulin is a disabler of fat oxidation, then you won't be able to use fat as a fuel source during the day. Your main source of fuel at rest, and at low-moderate levels of activity is fat. When you increase insulin, whether through protein intake or carbohydrates, then you stop fat oxidation.

As you can see, in order to build muscle you need carbohdyrates and in order to lose fat you have to control the amount of carbohdyrates. Finding the right balance is the key to much of the "build while lean out" idea.
I don't diet per se, I just keep my heavy carbs to the morning and tapper off through the day. I am aware of my macros I just don't obsess about them.

Diets are a waste of time and unhealthy.