PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:03 am 
New to MPUA Forum

Got a an HB8's digits yesterday on tinder. We've been texting constantly for the last 24 hours and it's been going pretty darn good. I tried to get a date out of her but made the mistake of asking when she was free to meet for one. She said maybe this weekend. I knew I blew it asking her that. I've done this before a few times and after gaming them great for up to a week they always flake. I never committed to the weekend date but she seems very open to seeing me.

What should I do? I feel like if I don't see her in at most 48 hours it's probably a wrap. Oh yea she lives right up the damn street from my parents house I'm staying in for the holiday break.

I was thinking of saying something came up and I won't be available/here this weekend and try and move it to tonight or tomorrow.

As a last ditch effort I was thinking of making a push to see her on NYE since she claims she will be home (despite that I prepaid for a NYE party)

All thoughts and suggestions are welcome!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 3:26 pm 

Quote:
I tried to get a date out of her but made the mistake of asking when she was free to meet for one. She said maybe this weekend. I knew I blew it asking her that.

Nothing blown here. This is a fine way to do it... In the future you can rephrase it to something like "Ok I'm free Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday, which works for you?"

Quote:
I was thinking of saying something came up and I won't be available/here this weekend and try and move it to tonight or tomorrow. As a last ditch effort I was thinking of making a push to see her on NYE since she claims she will be home (despite that I prepaid for a NYE party)

You're into her WAY more than she's into you, man... Back down a bit. She's not special. 24 hrs of texting doesn't make a soul mate.

Seriously? You do not want your first date with a random Tinder girl to be on new years eve, man... No pressure there at all, right? Not to mention you'd be changing your plans for the girl... which is a mistake.

What do you do? You message your other 100 matches on Tinder and get a date with one of them in place of this girl. She knows how to contact you and knows you want to go out with her. Pushing her on it and changing the date is just a bad idea. Makes you look eager and needy.

Cut your texts to her down a bit too... You're a good looking text buddy right now - who'll drop anything for a date with her... that's it. Not much of a challenge for her there, is it?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 4:28 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

Quote:
Quote:
I tried to get a date out of her but made the mistake of asking when she was free to meet for one. She said maybe this weekend. I knew I blew it asking her that.

Nothing blown here. This is a fine way to do it... In the future you can rephrase it to something like "Ok I'm free Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday, which works for you?"

Quote:
I was thinking of saying something came up and I won't be available/here this weekend and try and move it to tonight or tomorrow. As a last ditch effort I was thinking of making a push to see her on NYE since she claims she will be home (despite that I prepaid for a NYE party)

You're into her WAY more than she's into you, man... Back down a bit. She's not special. 24 hrs of texting doesn't make a soul mate.

Seriously? You do not want your first date with a random Tinder girl to be on new years eve, man... No pressure there at all, right? Not to mention you'd be changing your plans for the girl... which is a mistake.

What do you do? You message your other 100 matches on Tinder and get a date with one of them in place of this girl. She knows how to contact you and knows you want to go out with her. Pushing her on it and changing the date is just a bad idea. Makes you look eager and needy.

Cut your texts to her down a bit too... You're a good looking text buddy right now - who'll drop anything for a date with her... that's it. Not much of a challenge for her there, is it?
These are great points though I'm not thinking she's a soul mate but she's definitely more lively than the other chicks I'm currently gaming. I'm definitely not putting myself on hold for her, I got two more numbers yesterday. I'll keep playing the numbers game and see what happens.

As an update, I pulled the trigger before I read this. She's open to getting up new years day but I've just suggested she join me. She isn't making any promises and I haven't got her a ticket so I'm not going out of my way for her much.

It got a little deep last night with the questions and I think I may have passed. She's been trying to share personal backgrounds all morning. I've just been minimal and focusing questions on her. Should I just fall back a lot more today and maybe call her later?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 4:40 pm 

You're clearly going to do whatever you're going to do, regardless of the advice you get here...

Think we haven't been here before and made this mistake? Sometimes guys need to make this mistake on their own I guess...

Question for you though: What do you plan to talk about on the date? You've already talked about everything via text...

You're too available. You're too needy and too ambitious.

I'd bet against her hooking up with you @ New Years too... Girls can smell needy like sharks smell blood in water...

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 5:13 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

No I think I'll take your advice and fall back. You're completely right. It's all about push and pull and I've been pushing too much. I think it's a good sign she's pushing back today but I think it would only help me to fall back on texting her.

We'll have plenty to talk about. I've done a good job of withholding background info about myself. She's just opened up about her ex some and her job but I haven't really been grilling her about it. I just neg her really and make her laugh and she'll try to recover or neg back. She'll tell me about something she did/is doing and I'll do it again.

But I'm definitely going to fall back with the texts. I think my biggest danger is a text buddy label.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 5:17 pm 
English Muffin

I don't get what is wrong with this...

you- when are you free to meet for one?
her- maybe at the weekend..
you- I am busy this weekend, you got any mid week time?