PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:22 am 
Member of MPUA Forum

Yahoo Messenger: theO_bailey@yahoo.com
for all you vets out there, how was your success with PickUp when you all first started? explain in detail if you want.

thanks
big'O'

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 6:14 am 
Moderator Emeritus

Started off terrible. Not doing so bad now, but no huge successes yet either because I don't get enough chances to sarge. I can't wait to go back to university because then I'll have a campus of 50k to sarge on, plus the whole rest of the city.

~ Rye

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 6:57 am 
lol, at least you started off terrible Rye. I started off beyond horrible, lol. In fact, I was so bad, I seriously considered quitting because I wasn't getting ANYWHERE. I literally couldn't even get a number close for a couple of months. Then, one night it kind of came to a head. I was about to leave the club after about an hour, tried one last set of two, and the target ended up being a pickup turned relationship with me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 2:43 pm 
MPUA Forum Zealot

I am not sure why you are being specific about being a vet. I guess it does give an advantage with some stories because of the unique experiences you might have.

My biggest problem when I was first introduced to the scene was day2 and beyond. I could get #s fairly easily but also presented a needed persona afterward.

I was always concerned with 'how many days do I wait to call' kindof stuff.

Here is the thing that I have discovered twice. It is very difficult (but certainly not impossible) to present a 'non-needy' front until you are truly not needy. It takes thought and effort to not do it. That is, until you have a bunch of options to choose from. When you have options, it is very easy.

I did get a girlfriend in that last a couple of months. I did not tend my stable and all the little horses ran away. When I ended the relationship, I was right back were I started as far as the effort required to not be needy. I did lose a girl because of this. It took me a couple of weeks to rebuild the stables back.

Now I am sitting fairly well. I have many options to chose from. I do not even go sarging now because I meet people anytime I am out and as such, I do not specifically go out to look for people.

Double Your Dating by DD
(This will work on your inner game)

http://www.freewebs.com/xfman/
(This will work on your outer game)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:47 pm 
Moderator Emeritus

Valence, you need to not read so much into things I just assumed he meant non-newbs. I definitely don't qualify as any sort of long-term vet, but I've been around long enough to know what's what, even if I'm not to the point where I have even been going on day 2s due to only getting out to sarge once a week if I'm lucky.

~ Rye