Post subject: Where do i put my hands
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 6:42 am 
New to MPUA Forum

during a conversation... Like when i'm sitting down , or standing, . And for sitting to i stand tall and keep my back straight? I think that i might look stiff or something

And if i wanted to kino, how would i do it without making it look not that "hittish" lol. I want her to feel comfortable with me. The girl i like has brown hair, i've honestly never knew she had brown hair before. (i knew her). How would i use this to my advantage?
(or i can't ?)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 7:21 am 
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
during a conversation... Like when i'm sitting down , or standing, . And for sitting to i stand tall and keep my back straight? I think that i might look stiff or something

And if i wanted to kino, how would i do it without making it look not that "hittish" lol. I want her to feel comfortable with me. The girl i like has brown hair, i've honestly never knew she had brown hair before. (i knew her). How would i use this to my advantage?
(or i can't ?)
Ok, the easiest first. Who care's what colour her hair is? When you are standing, put your hands either in your pockets, or somewhere comfortable that doesn't look ridiculous. I like to hook my thumbs in my pockets as I'm always ready to do something or go somewhere, but I'm relaxed. Or I find I sometimes rest my left hand on my hip, which I know may not sound the most masculine thing, but I'm comfortable that way and as long as you are confident and alpha its fine cause you look like you are about to leave. Just don't cross your arms, because your body language indicates being unreceptive and like you aren't really listening (unless you are trying to get her to DHV and want to look like you are losing her interest and getting bored, but then you need to display that in your body language by looking around a bit and such). Stand and sit in positions that are comfortable, but don't slouch, even when you are trying to look relaxed and lean back, try to keep from slouching too much. There are tons of examples of kino on here, so search for it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 5:25 pm 
Member of MPUA Forum

AOL: shurgs
I disagree with the hands in the pockets... maybe just one hand... but two hands shows a lack of self confidence... similar to crossing your arms, just bad body language...

I suggest just being relaxed as possible and then if you are worried about where to put your hands move the set to the closest table, bar, dance floor, etc... then all your hands movements will be natural...

also if you cant move the set... when u feel uncomfortable... tell a story and use your hands to exaggereate movements in the story...

i.e.

hey are you girls driving?

yea?! why?

about two blocks up the road (point left or right)

I saw a few cops setitng up a dui checkpoint

really!?

yea, roadblocks cones, (coutn them out on your hands), tall lights (elevate hand to show height of lights)

OMG are you serious?

yea which way are you ladies headed...

etc... thats just a brief one, but just think about how you can icopropoaret hand movements into the story or the conversation dialogue...

add me on myspace www.myspace.com/jshurgs

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 5:52 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

AOL: mrhappypyrotics
hands or thumbs in or near the pockets is not the best position. Some of that body language screams "Look where my hands are, I know you want this" and if the girl is well-read she will have seen this(My info had linked it to cosmopolitan)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 3:52 am 
Moderator Emeritus

Hmm, I'll have to check out some body language books to see about this, but I notice that as long as you aren't THRUSTING your hands into your pockets, and are otherwise quite relaxed, then it doesn't look self conscious at all. As for it being a "look at my junk, I know you want it" signal, then again, its not just about where your hands are, that's like saying that the 'O' in 'not' and 'note' make the same sound. Your whole body goes into giving off things, not just your hands, otherwise it would be called hand language. There are some things that are always going to mean the same thing, but even the notorious crossing of the arms meaning that you are self conscious and/or don't want to communicate can be bent by adding other components like appropriate facial expressions and angling your body correctly and the way you talk and what posture you are using, so that instead of "I'm self conscious, I don't want to communicate with you" you can give off "I'm relaxed and contemplating our conversation".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 3:54 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

As long as they aren't trying to analyze it like we are you should be fine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 4:18 am 
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
As long as they aren't trying to analyze it like we are you should be fine.
WRONG! Just because we analyze it to death and try to correct these things and they don't, doesn't mean they don't pick up on them subconsciouly. That's why knowing your body language and how to use it to your advantage works, because otherwise displaying good body language would only work on people who are analyzing you and then they would probably deduce that you know just how to stand and make it all moot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 11:46 am 
MPUA Forum Addict

Hooking you're thumbs into you're pockets isnt a sign of lack of confidence, its a gesture posture emphasizing sexuality. When casually standing like this, he will usually directly face the female who appeals to him. Notice that the fingers all point to 'you-know-what-is-important' to this guy. Of course males claim that this is just a comfortable way to stand.
Yah, right

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 12:53 am 
Moderator Emeritus

I actually find this to be the most comfortable way for me to stand, but when I do it I generally angle my body away from people and don't focus completely on them, but aside from my thumbs hooked in my pockets, my hands are in fists. I don't know why you guys have such a huge problem with putting your hands in your pockets, as it can demonstrate that you are very relaxed and at ease, which is highly attractive.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 4:56 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

I'm not against it, its pretty much how I stand. But as I said earlier, and sundayraver said, it has some conotations of "look at me". Not always a good thing, but not always a bad thing either.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 5:36 pm 

I didn't read all the posts but let me say this.

Make your touch natural , it has to be soft.

If your talking and standing straight move a bit your hands while you talk.

Whenever you narrate a DHV story or any story act as best as you can and add a lot of details , especially how you felt.

Talking about kino:

I always open with some touch a slight touch in the shoulder or arm is a great way to start touching. When you reach A3 you have to give more kino away but once again a 1 - 2 seconds touch in the arm will do it , if you see she is feeling comfortable you can start touching a little bit more , but do it while talking or teasing here, if your good at it when you tease her , you should be available to hug her and say something like , ooo your so sweet and so on.

In a nutshell:

While standing keep your shoulders back and mirror her movements if she is moving her hands you move your hands and so on, this is a key to create rapport.

To establish kino start with light touches in the arm and using the above technique escalate kino.

My website: www.pualife.webs.com

New TWITTER account: http://twitter.com/xfman1

Facebook: xf_pua@hotmail.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 3:17 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Do not cross your arms, for god's sake, do not cross you arms. Men, women, and every kind of animal will take that the same way..... it isn't necessarily showing a lack of confidence, but even worse, a defensive and hostile look..... A mean think about it, how do bouncers at bars and clubs stand? Bouncers aren't the most approachable guys in the world, and neither will you with your arms crossed.

Will having your hands in your pockets absolutely kill you if everything else is good? No, probably not... but you want to make yourself as attractive as possible, and I would suggest not putting your hands in your pockets.

I know where you're coming.... because I've had problems knowing what to do with mine also. I usually have a drink in my hand in most situations (clubs, bars, parties, etc...). And if you thrive off C&F and sexual innuendo, I would stick the thumb of my free hand off to the side just inside the pants. NOTE: don't shove your hands down your pants, just the tip of your thumb. She'll eventually look at your hand, which is strategically located right by your cock. Ohh hell, she's looking at your dick. Now you can bust on her for looking at your junk. Plus, its feels just like the thumb hooked in the pocket. Mr. Happy might have a point, but so many guys have their hands near their pockets that there's no way it'd look suspect.

I hope everyone is visualizing this the right way, because if you have your hand down your pants you're going to look like a creep.