PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:45 am 
New to MPUA Forum

so i've been reading "the game" by neil strauss and i've been sarging with one of my friends who's been playing for over a year now. we've both had a question though. How exactly do you go about picking up a girl you already know? the book only talks about examples of girls you freshly introduce yourself to. if you have any suggestions let me know. thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:17 am 
Moderator Emeritus

Depends on how well you know them and how well defined the relationship is. If you haven't crossed the "just friends" border, then you are in a good spot because you don't have to worry about trying to open them or anything, you just run stuff that you normally use on girls after you have started to get comfortable with them. If you have passed the friends border, then you might be able to pull it back if you aren't very close friends, but otherwise its pretty hard to break them out of that mindset. You need to work into lots of kino.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:52 am 
New to MPUA Forum

well we've been extremely close friends for a long while and we've come close to dating probably around 3-4 times in the past couple years. everytime though its not said but we dont because we dont want to ruin this thing that we have if for whatever reason we fail. but in a few months we're not going to be able to see eachother alot because im moving so i figure i might as well give it a shot now. main obstacle is she has a boyfriend but he's an abusive asshole. its one of this situations where she's basically my sister but i've had a little something more there and im hoping that we both can finally take the risk.

thanks for the previous advice and i hope this can help a little more so you know the situation better.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 4:31 am 
New to MPUA Forum

Dude heres what you do,
because you've been hangin out for ages and know each other really well, this means that she already has a pre-conceived notion of you and see's you in a particular way!

You can't change that by trying to "convince" her that you'll treat her good and that you'll make a great couple...blah blah blah, all that nice guy crap because she sees you in a certain way and with the female psyche if your not a sexual being, then she shuts off that particular level of communication from you, and it stays that way. Man you should know buy now chiks dnt dig the "nice"guys,

What you have to do is take on the characteristics of "S.A.M" (the Sexually Aggressive Male) as pointed out by David D. And by this I mean to be more of of a cheecky and cocky sexual person. But since she already see's you a certain way, as you said yourself, she's like your sister so she doesnt see you as a potential sexual partner.

heres how you solve the problem:
Style gave this advice to a guy on one of his radio phone-ins,
This guy had lady friends that were really attractive and had all known each other for ages, but they only saw him as a friend or brother type(just as in your situation, except he was after multiple chicks),
so Style tells him to go out with them and let them see him interacting and being sexual, flirty and cheeky with other women, and once they see this happening they will eventually change their perception of him and will want to "compete" for him. Style tells him to meet new women and bring them over to introduce them to his lady friends, as this will escalates those competing drives.

Burton, you know the situation better than anyone else so you know whats best, but i strongly reccomend you do as style says and let her see you interacting with other chicks, this will change her "brotherly" veiw of yourself then become more of a "S.A.M" character. and as for her boyfriend...well if she you do your stuff right and she really digs you then she wont even mention him.....as far as you know he doesnt exist!! :)

good luck, n let us know how u go!

Regards
magnum-1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 5:04 am 
Moderator Emeritus

I agree with Magnum. You need to show to her that you are a sexually desireable person. Make sure you aren't asking her for advice on how to get with the girl, but only exchanging stories or telling her your point of view. You need to SHOW that you are Alpha and that she would be much happier with you, not tell her or ask her to be with you. All the while you need to escalate kino to the point where she is comfortable with your arm around her and whispering in her ear. You have to walk a fine line though because often girls have no problem being physical with their guy friends cause they know they are just friends, so you have to make the touches sensual and not too lingering. Once she is comfortable and you get a couple IOIs, then you put your arm around her and whisper in her ear (do you want to kiss me) and if you do it right she will melt in your arms and mouth.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:10 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

good deal and thanks for the advice. im getting a good chance this friday to try this out because she's having a "girls night" that a few of my friends and i are crashing (she actually told me to, and so did some of the other girls because its what we normally do). so basically i need to keep sort of an open game on the other girls and show the more sexual side of me but make sure to work in some on her and make sure to up my kino? and ill keep you posted on how things work out. and once again thanks for the advice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 3:38 am 
MPUA Forum Addict

well, it depends... over the summer I completely changed myself, and my persona. Now that i've changed, girls can see that, and to them, i'm like a whole new person, and then i have a "second chance" to get the girls. otherwise i don't know what to say.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 1:15 am 
New to MPUA Forum

well tomorrow is the main day. This is actually my senior year of high school and she wanted me to go with her to the sadie hawkins "as friends" because she's comfortable with me. then shortly after she's having all her friends come over then an hour or so after that me and some of my friends are going to her place. so i htink i have the general idea but i have one more question.

Once she is comfortable and you get a couple IOIs, then you put your arm around her and whisper in her ear (do you want to kiss me)

should i really try to work that in tomorrow night? or should i just start working the base and become more of a SAM tomorrow and go for a kiss-close with her some other time?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 5:01 am 
MPUA Forum Addict

I guess the better thing to say is, rather sooner than later. and also if a girl asks YOU to the dance, i definantly think that is an IOI. and dances are a good place to start relationships. anyways, good luck man.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 8:04 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

and one more thing, should i sort of run the game tonight with her? should i do negs and other stuff or should i not worry about it because i already have an established relationship. i normally keep a cocky funny attitude around her and normally throw them in with her as a friend though. thanks again for the help.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 3:36 am 
Moderator Emeritus

Running game is a part of my personality that I turn on when I am around almost any female, unless I don't want to attract her because she is with one of my friends, but even then I don't shut it off completely. It is a part of me that I want everyone to associate with me, so that my reputation builds and because it can make girls who are just friends like you better and if you do it properly even guys like you better. Game is just the way you talk and act, just because you aren't running routines on people doesn't mean you can't still be cocky and funny, or toss about negs that make people try to DHV to you. Use it to your advantage in all aspects of your life. Its like Mystery says in the first episode of his VH1 show "Its not just about picking up women, its about building a life".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:33 am 
New to MPUA Forum

so i tried to get my target and it didnt work out so much... her boyfriend kept calling her to check up and talk to her and then she turned into a prude and kicked out anyone that wasnt a girl or a close friend of hers. but after i got kicked out i realized i played the game on this one girl without even realizing it and i became the center of attention.

i went out to the back porch to smoke my pipe (its classy, girls dont mind as much if they hate smokers, and gives you something to be a little bit different) and i sat down and this cute girl was sitting outside that everyone was talking about earlier and i didnt know her. i sat down and she said hi and asked my name and she said her name was nikki. from there i was just like "all i've heard tonight is 'where is nikki?' ' why isnt nikki here?' 'donde esta nikki?' (in a cocky funny attitude) so tell me your life story and why everyone keeps talking about you?" (something along those lines i cant remember exactly what) this reminded me of mystery's(?) line "beauty is common but what is hard to fine is... ... so tell me something about you to make you more than just a face" so that got us going and then everyone else (with the only exception being my original target) came outside and started joining us. When everyone else came outside this cute brunette (that my wing suggested i make my secondary target) came and sat behind me and she had given me plenty of IOIs earlier in the night so i put my hands on her legs and we number closed before i to leave.

i need to work on my kiss-close. i am trying to get the confidence (i have way more than i did a month ago) i just need to find something that i can use to pull a girl away from the group and demonstrate higher value (im learning palm reading and then after that i may study hand writing analysis.) because i know i'd make the situation awkward if i just pulled them away to just talk.

so overall not exactly the night i had in mind but i didnt completely fail. then i think the fact my target got upset and kicked everyone out may work out to my advantage because i can now use that to make her feel guilty and come to me but ill just have a "whatever" attitude and say that it sucked at 4:30 in the morning when i woke up shiving because i was cold sleeping in my car.

if anyone has suggestions on anything from helping me with my kiss-close to where i should go from here or just a tip in general i'd like to know. thanks again for the advice for that night.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 3:41 am 
MPUA Forum Addict

I would *avoid* running game on girls you already know when you start out. Almost everything you read on this site is about creating an impression in someone's mind -- projecting a desirable version of yourself for a woman to be attracted to. It's very hard to do this with someone who has known you for a long time because you have already formed a pretty rigid dynamic with this girl.

For example, if you all of a sudden become cocky and you were never cocky before, she'll notice that something's going on.

I would work on girls you don't know yet, and then come back to this specific friend of yours. Most of the gurus would agree.